Problems to update

Search This thread

Corlleone

May 11, 2014
Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

(I'm a noob so please easy guide, and sorry about bad english)

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

If you have unlocked bootloader first and flashed a custom kernel and Relocked afterwards, you could get a bootlloop. You may want to repair with SEUS. I've heard ppl saying xsp isn't in its list, but I use the Dutch one, which has the xsp listed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk

Reactions: Corlleone

Corlleone

May 11, 2014
Thanks dude! I made some crazy stuff here that I don't even know what it was, but now it's working!! Thanks again! :laugh:

Corlleone

May 11, 2014
I don't really remember, but I guess I reinstalled an old firmware then updated to the latest version (without root) and then I rooted, btw this video down here helped me a lot (it's the best I found, and I've searched for many videos).Tell me if I solved your problem, if not I'll keep trying to help u because I know how annoying it is.

How To- Root Xperia SP 4.3 Jelly Bean .266 Unlocked Bootloader (from tekhelper) Sorry couldn't post link because of the rule.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have unlocked bootloader first and flashed a custom kernel and Relocked afterwards, you could get a bootlloop. You may want to repair with SEUS. I've heard ppl saying xsp isn't in its list, but I use the Dutch one, which has the xsp listed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk