headphones not recognised after phone got dunked

Search This thread

Strangeland16

Apr 24, 2014
So I accidently dunked my z2 in the bath took it out everything OK used last night when I took it out of the water it said that headphones had been inserted which they hadn't. Anyway today I go to use my noise cancellation headphones and its not recognising anything has been plugged in. So plays through the speaker. Tried headphones elsewhere and they work. Anyone have any ideas ?

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
Just checked mine it's working. I was washing my phone yesterday to make sure there is no gap issues or problem with waterproofing. Take it back to the shop and tell them headphones are not working.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flumps

Jun 15, 2009
Use compressed air in the jack. It's most likely just left over moisture or particals

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

94marc01

Jun 13, 2014
hey

same problem with me, I washed the phone (didn't even let it sink, just flowing water for a few seconds) meanwhile once it said "headphones recognized" (which it clearly should not lol, it should be secured against shorting the pins out..) and this morning it kept working-notworking (like i was plugging in and out simulteniously) and finally totally stopped working

any ideas? should I try some dry blower ?

--edit
nvm I cleaned it with the little ear-cleaning buds/sticks. It did have some moisture to it. After a few tries it started working again. In my opinion, this is still pretty sad and poor performance from a water proof phone..
Take note that it was almost 12 hours ago I washed it.

Last edited:

incapture

Sep 4, 2012
Ive never had this problem but you should read the manual

Hey i feel like unpopular opinon penguin here , but two things 1, dont use sound while under water. and dont use sound features (includes mike) 2-4 hours after it been in water. it says it right in your manual their. 2. if you didnt do those things its posible the build of your phone isnt up to standard. Also i Could be wrong BUT DONT USE COMPRESSED AIR TO CLEAN YOUR PHONE. look im not certain about these seals or water proofing done but they may break under strong air pressure plus you may be pushing the water (unlikely) but further into your phone may be into a place where its not meant to be/ ever gotten two without added focused compressed air maybe even forcing the breakage of a seal (unlikely again with the ip rating) but i would not be risking this . ive tested my phone for water proofing and have not once had a single problem so maybe the phone is faulty. take it back and get it tested dont clean it yourself. it also talks about the warrenty in the manual which talks if seals are broken or moisturefound in certain parts breaks the warrenty so be very carefull. soz for my bad grammar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update thanks for all the help cleaned out socket with a coiled up iece of kitchen roll and all working again