Root method

Search This thread

athris

Jan 20, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Asus Zenfone 9
I think i saw someone post this method before, but can't find it. So i post root method. Currently this method work on the latest Canadian OG firmware (Both E971 and E973). i did not make this method, i just find it from a chinese web. Here is the link
http://bbs.gfan.com/android-5698914-1-1.html

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
2. turn on usb debug and plug in the cable to pc
3. double click the root.bat
4. unplug the cable.
5. Turn off the usb debug
6. turn on the usb debug
7. plug in the cable.
8. Press enter until it root.
9. Done.

Attachments

• Root.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,983

Densitymax

Nov 22, 2010
Montreal
So this work for the E973 on latest stock firmware...? e973H ..?

Be careful, this root is for "[Tutorial] F180 the series 4.1Root method"

That's the title of the other forums.. So this might not WORK!

Last edited:

Misudoll

May 17, 2012
Beijing
it's great.it works indeed.
was repost before but renamed after ,you may find it on the thread finally!

credits:
jcase@xda
lixinping740@gfan.

Sent from my LG-F160L using xda premium

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
I want to root this thing soooo bad!! But I want to have a backup of the official JB update, and I don't want something to prevent me from installing it via OTA. I'm curious to see what lg will do with jb. I'm really liking the stock ICS experience on this phone, and I think they'll just kill it (in a good way) with jb!

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
I think i saw someone post this method before, but can't find it. So i post root method. Currently this method work on the latest Canadian OG firmware (Both E971 and E973). i did not make this method, i just find it from a chinese web. Here is the link

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
4. unplug the cable.
6. turn on the usb debug
7. plug in the cable.
9. Done.

I really would have posted this much sooner, however, this particular method was being kept secret with the intention of the exploit still being available upon US Jelly Bean release. Since this has been outed, and is now public, i will share a more proper script of the same method. I actually kept the adb shell id command, as it is pretty useful for this operation.

Main differences in my script is that you don't need to ever disconnect your phone.

1. Unzip the zip file
2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt
4. Change to MTP mode.
5. Wait for your computer to ask how to view files.
6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
7. Done.

This is a fully working method for the most current US/Canadian releases, and Jelly Bean releases. BTW, the current release does not install busybox correctly, includes SuperuserPro.apk (which I'm sure wasn't purchased by everyone downloading this). Also I have updated it to the latest busybox, su binary's, and Superuser.apk available.

Attachments

• ZV9-JB-Root.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,844
Last edited:

shagsnasty

Feb 21, 2011
A Million Thanks!

I really would have posted this much sooner, however, this particular method was being kept secret with the intention of the exploit still being available upon US Jelly Bean release. Since this has been outed, and is now public, i will share a more proper script of the same method. I actually kept the adb shell id command, as it is pretty useful for this operation.

Main differences in my script is that you don't need to ever disconnect your phone.

1. Unzip the zip file
4. Change to MTP mode.
7. Done.

This is a fully working method for the most current US/Canadian releases, and Jelly Bean releases. BTW, the current release does not install busybox correctly, includes SuperuserPro.apk (which I'm sure wasn't purchased by everyone downloading this). Also I have updated it to the latest busybox, su binary's, and Superuser.apk available.

I can't thank you enough.... I got my Optimus G in Dec. and I immediately found root method and was completely content with my new phone. Then came the dreaded OTA update that I knew would remove root. I avoided the update with determination. I shouldn't have let my goofy sister touch my phone... After our got it back from her I realized I wasn't receiving the update reminders. I panicked, checked root, root was lost! :crying: I began searching everywhere only to find that there was no root for zv9....For weeks it was the same. Then yesterday I found your method, fired up my laptop and within 5 minutes my LGOG ZV9 on Sprint was rooted again! Thanks again. I can't tell you how much I rely on my free wifi tether.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I re-rooted my LGOG after the OTA update to ZV9 robbed me of my original root. It only took about five minutes and worked flawlessly. Well tonight I tried to root my girlfriends phone (also a LGOG running ZV9 on the Sprint network) and although it ran through the process just as mine did, as well as stated root was successful, when I run root check to confirm it comes back negative. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks

Tokyopoliceclub

Feb 13, 2013

1. Unzip the zip file
4. Change to MTP mode.
7. Done.

Every time I run CurrentRoot.bat I receive the error " 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" after every step.

Im on Telus running E97310g

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
Afraid LG did something, cant get it to root.
I have an E975 with 4.1.2, software version E97510a-525-05.

I won it in LGs test pilot contest so not sure if its something they did to this or if they plugged the hole completely for the future also.
The guy I spoke to said something about them being flashed as we spoke, and it looked like the phone could have been taken from the box.

Should I wait and hope they send a update after the contest is over or can I use a KDZ and if so, what KDZ can I use to maintain same radio bands?

EDIT: Tried the LG sMobile Support tool and it said it found an update. So now its downloading that *holds thumbs*

EDIT2: Updated to E97510B and still no go, guess they did something to the euro version...

Last edited:

ludba1992

Apr 5, 2012
cant root

hi, i tried the CurrentRoot.bat and followed the instructions but couldn't root. it said phone now rooted and restarted the phone but there was no superuser after that

i saved a screenshot of it incase anyone can figure out whats wrong. just got the phone yesterday.... Best phone i've ever used.(from starhub singapore if it helps)

i think its because of the uid and gid not being zero. any ideas??

Attachments

• 2013-02-19-10-41-36.jpg
    2013-02-19-10-41-36.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 526

vwasi

Jan 7, 2013
No root for my E750 v10D. Instead since my root atempt can't get iGO Primo 2.0 to work again. The phone closes apk with no error message. I have been trying diferent versions, factory reset still no luck.
How can I reflash firmware again since LG support tool says I have the latest version?
L.E. Done with the reflash and iGO primo works again...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
    4. unplug the cable.
    6. turn on the usb debug
    7. plug in the cable.
    9. Done.

1. Unzip the zip file
    4. Change to MTP mode.
    7. Done.

Here is the instruction.

1. Unzip the zip file
    4. unplug the cable.
    6. turn on the usb debug
    7. plug in the cable.
    9. Done.
    Do you, or anyone, know if freegee will work on latest firmware if rooted using this method?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

I just tried FreeGee and its a no go.
    confirmed working on LG E975 Singapore version
    See if you can detect the phone on adb

Sent from LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1

I finally managed with the ZV9-JB-Root and changing one of the lines as suggested in the forum.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

hi, i tried the CurrentRoot.bat and followed the instructions but couldn't root. it said phone now rooted and restarted the phone but there was no superuser after that

i saved a screenshot of it incase anyone can figure out whats wrong. just got the phone yesterday.... Best phone i've ever used.(from starhub singapore if it helps)

i think its because of the uid and gid not being zero. any ideas??

try this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41063153#post41063153

and make sure you do this to the currentroot.bat. It worked for my e975 10B EUR:
    Copy this line
    adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security"
    And overwrite this line.
    adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security
    in the batch file CurrentRoot.bat

If you get a adbwinApi.dll error, do not go to the option "run as administrator"