Bootloader version after URDLV + firmware or modem downgrade

Search This thread

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
Hey

Something I don't understand.
It is always written to check *#1234# to get the bootloader version.

On my side, If I do that I get :
AP : MK2
CP : MJ7
CSC : MK3

What I don't understand is that I am rooted since MI7.
I was branded Orange - used URDLV rooting method to MI7 - URDLV to MJ3 (november) and URDLV to MK2 (last week)
without tripping knox

As I am not satisfied of MK2 (due to very strange location update from time to time), I'd like to go back to MJ3.
But all comments I read are all saying this is not possible (which might be true anyway). But all posts are always based on the *#1234# result....

I understood that URDLV was not changing the bootloader (I didn't flash the famous aboot.mbn).

So now after using URDLV method, should I understand that I got the new bootloader somehow ?

My concern is really only on this location that is sending me all around the world regularly :( and I think this is linked to the modem. So the idea was to downgrade the modem but can't find any experience on that. It seems modems are now linked to particular firmwares. So I wondered if I could go back to MJ3.

Some screenshots seem showing Modile Odin Pro displaying the bootloader version... but don't feel like buying an app just to get this information once and never use it...

Ahhhhhh I miss my Note 2 :( The only missing feature on it was the S-Pen not being able to use the "menu" and "back" button (which I already missed on the Notes1 ;) )

Cheers

Last edited:

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
I might be missing something here, but you used Vega to do all the upgrades. That means you still have the original bootloader - why can't you simply use the MJ3 ROM process with RDLV again to flash a root version of MJ3?

I'd back up the data then do factory reset and act as if you're doing the original RDLV again.

Do you think there would be a problem with that?

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
No, a slightly better way to get the bootloader version is:

Code:
adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader

But even this one can be fooled.

Downgrading the modem is a different thing and on Note3 can be tricky.

I get an error "device not found" with this command on a terminal :(

What do you think about with "tricky" with the modem downgrade ?

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
I might be missing something here, but you used Vega to do all the upgrades. That means you still have the original bootloader

I agree... but to verify this, lots of post tell to do a *#1234# - which does not return any information about MI7 (I am not supposed to have the mj3 bootloader).
Haven't found threads of people having done a downgrade using "regular" Odin...

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
hummm I am not supposed to type the 'adb shell' but only 'getprop ro.boot.bootloader' when using terminal on the phone........

so yes I am still on MI7
N9005XXUBMI7

;)

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
No downgrade possible

Well... now I know it's not possible to downgrade !

On Odin's side :
<ID:0/012> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MJ1VEGA.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/012> boot.img
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> modem.bin
<ID:0/012> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/012> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/012>
<ID:0/012> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Errors in download mode on the phone screen :
When downgrading to URDLV MI7 / MJ1 / MJ3
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [rpm]Fused 2 > Binary 1

When downgrading to stock MI7
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [sbl]Fused 2 > Binary 1

I had to reflash the firmware I had previously (so MK2 URDLV) to be be able to use the phone back. I was stuck on download mode - no more recovery and default boot was saying the phone need urgent recovery through Kies - which was not usefull either as it's not able to do anything when you never used the software before...

Anyway, I might give it a try tomorrow to downgrade the modem only - see if that's possible.

btw, my knox is still 0x0

GalaxHe

Jan 16, 2012
To complete this thread, I tried to downgrade the modem.bin + non-hlos.bin from MJ7 (provided with MK2 firmware) to versions I had on my PC :
MJ3
MJ1
MI7

with no luck.

Phone boots but there is no network service anymore.

I downloaded MJ4 branded to my provider and was able to flash the modem + non-hlos.bin and have that work. Unfortunatelly, it hasn't change my issue of bad location being detected. Seems this could be coming from somewhere else...
Need to try if downgrading to MJ3 works or not now that the modem is not mj7 anymore.

ahmekh

Apr 2, 2011
stuck note3

To complete this thread, I tried to downgrade the modem.bin + non-hlos.bin from MJ7 (provided with MK2 firmware) to versions I had on my PC :
MJ3
MJ1
MI7

with no luck.

Phone boots but there is no network service anymore.

I downloaded MJ4 branded to my provider and was able to flash the modem + non-hlos.bin and have that work. Unfortunatelly, it hasn't change my issue of bad location being detected. Seems this could be coming from somewhere else...
Need to try if downgrading to MJ3 works or not now that the modem is not mj7 anymore.

i downloaded the 4.4.2 rom poland and flash it on hongkong one but flash was refused and stuck on boot menu,
any ideas please.

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
Reflash the HK one that you had. I had similar results trying to flash an Australian version - not sure why. Instead of going back to MI7 I flashed HK MK1 version using the RDLV method - now on MK1, rooted, Knox on 0x0.

Will work on getting to Aust CSC later when I have had the phone more than 2 weeks and willing to risk warranty. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey

Something I don't understand.
    It is always written to check *#1234# to get the bootloader version.

No, a slightly better way to get the bootloader version is:

Code:
    adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader

But even this one can be fooled.

Downgrading the modem is a different thing and on Note3 can be tricky.
    How do i do the RDLV method

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app