Help bootloop !!

Search This thread

max785

Aug 28, 2012
Hi ,

Today I rooted my htc one x. Everything was fine until I tried to install a new rom. After installing the rom with cwm the phone started to bootloop.

I used my restore and it worked. After that, I upgraded my version of cwm to the newest and tried to reinstalling the rom. I ended up in a bootloop again. But now after restoring my phone , I see htc quietly brilliant splash screen and after that I see this build is for developement purpose only ... in red. The screen goes black and the phone reboot. At the second reboot I see htc quietly brilliant and the screen goes black. I need to hold power button and volume down to make the phone restart.

Can someone help me ...

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Hi ,

Today I rooted my htc one x. Everything was fine until I tried to install a new rom. After installing the rom with cwm the phone started to bootloop.

I used my restore and it worked. After that, I upgraded my version of cwm to the newest and tried to reinstalling the rom. I ended up in a bootloop again. But now after restoring my phone , I see htc quietly brilliant splash screen and after that I see this build is for developement purpose only ... in red. The screen goes black and the phone reboot. At the second reboot I see htc quietly brilliant and the screen goes black. I need to hold power button and volume down to make the phone restart.

Can someone help me ...

Try doing a full wipe and reinstall your rom. Make sure your cwm recovery is the latest version or cm11 will likely hilltop.
Full wipe is required when changing roms.
Also check the forum for install instructions and follow them the letter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

max785

Aug 28, 2012
Try doing a full wipe and reinstall your rom. Make sure your cwm recovery is the latest version or cm11 will likely hilltop.
Full wipe is required when changing roms.
Also check the forum for install instructions and follow them the letter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Full wipe in cwm ?

Yes but now i don't have access to sd card to put a new rom ...

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Full wipe in cwm ?

Yes but now i don't have access to sd card to put a new rom ...

sounds like an outdated recovery OR improperly formatted SD card. I usually use TWRP, but I imagine CWM has something like a "mount" option? Can you go in there and double check that external SD card is selected? If it is, and you are on the latest recovery, I recommend reformatting the SD card to FAT32 (just in case the partition type is wrong... exFAT I think is flaky support and NTFS is not supported... not sure where ext3/ext4 sits with recovery... never tried).
failing that, your SD card may be too big. if it is 64 GB or larger, it may not be supported on your phone in recovery.
I haven't used CWM in a long time as TWRP seemed to work for me and I liked the touch interface. Mind you CWM has had a touch interface for a while,but the ROMs by pmtr3 stated that TWRP was required and I didn't want to question a dev on that, so I switched and haven't looked back.