[Q] How to install d2att roms on d2can?

Search This thread

Ketros

Nov 30, 2013
Using which method, #1 or #2? I did #1 and installed TWRP. RP via Goo Manager (IIRC). But that gave me the d2can version. I don't think you need to bother checking, though, just use ODIN to flash the new recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.1) from the link I gave you earlier. After backing up etc etc.

I used method 2 but I don't know if I used the link provided or a Canadian twrp to back up my phone should I use the twrp backup or a third party backup. Will anything overwrite if I flash Twrp even though I have twrp installed, also should I flash the .tar or .img

Should I change the build.prop before I install the new twrp?

Last edited:

jmppe3

Dec 23, 2013
I used method 2 but I don't know if I used the link provided or a Canadian twrp to back up my phone should I use the twrp backup or a third party backup. Will anything overwrite if I flash Twrp even though I have twrp installed, also should I flash the .tar or .img

Should I change the build.prop before I install the new twrp?

I'm not an expert so anything you do is at your own risk! But to the best of my knowledge, you should be fine doing a TWRP backup (it is called a Nandroid backup - a complete system image, basically, which is what most 3rd party apps do through the recovery anyway). Nothing will overwrite other than the recovery, of course. Flash the TAR. Find specific instructions on the forum to make sure you do it right.

Ketros

Nov 30, 2013
I'm not an expert so anything you do is at your own risk! But to the best of my knowledge, you should be fine doing a TWRP backup (it is called a Nandroid backup - a complete system image, basically, which is what most 3rd party apps do through the recovery anyway). Nothing will overwrite other than the recovery, of course. Flash the TAR. Find specific instructions on the forum to make sure you do it right.

By flashing the tar delete my nandroid because I need Something to go back to if something goes wrong

jmppe3

Dec 23, 2013
Nothing will overwrite other than the recovery, of course.

Read what I said above. Look, if you are going down this road please don't be so worried. Noting is going to be 100% for certain. It will most likely be fine, but just take precautions. Make a backup to an SD card. Copy it to your computer. There - if it somehow gets wiped, you have a backup on your computer. Worst case scenario - you buy a new phone. Pain in the ass, sure, but not the end of the world.

It looks from the thread that you have been pondering this for months. You need to just do some reading on whatever you're unsure about and go for it. If you're still uncomfortable trying it, then stay where you are.

Ketros

Nov 30, 2013
Read what I said above. Look, if you are going down this road please don't be so worried. Noting is going to be 100% for certain. It will most likely be fine, but just take precautions. Make a backup to an SD card. Copy it to your computer. There - if it somehow gets wiped, you have a backup on your computer. Worst case scenario - you buy a new phone. Pain in the ass, sure, but not the end of the world.

It looks from the thread that you have been pondering this for months. You need to just do some reading on whatever you're unsure about and go for it. If you're still uncomfortable trying it, then stay where you are.

I did it. It's all good now thanks! By the way I was reading about roms and custom recoveries and I saw that I need an unlocked bootloader so because I have a custom recovery am I unlocked?

Last edited:

Ketros

Nov 30, 2013
I got aokp 4.4 first I changed the build. Prop in Rom toolbox then rebooted my phone I installed the d2att twrp through Goo Manager then installed the newest nightly of aokp and gapps then in the file sorter I flashed aokp then gapps, I also wiped the caches and wiped the phone now it works

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do I get the d2att version of TWRP and install AOKP 4.4, will I need to unlock the bootloader or something? If so how do I do that?

I did the same with my d2can. I installed the d2att version of twrp and can now flash d2att roms with no issues. Download goomanager from play store, and instead of letting it detect your phone model (d2can), manually select d2att and install. That's what I did.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app