[Q] Sound

Search This thread

ck.chunkeat

Apr 24, 2012
Hi, as everyone know, there are 3 different volume in our nexus 5.
First is Music, video,games & other media.
Second: Ringtone & notification.
Third: Alarm.

Usually if I'm in class, I would press the volume down button until I'm at vibration mode. Then sometimes when I got bored in class and start playing with my phone, the volume will be very loud when i forgot to turn off the sound for games when i was looking at some youtube video or playing some games.

This is really annoying. What's the point of changing to silent mode when there is still volume at the games or video? I know iphone have the toggle for silent mode and that is seriously way useful than this.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
You can always install expandable volume controls via xposed or custom ROM.

I know it is frustrating and an overlooked feature I think. When I first got my nexus 5 I was like come on guys you didn't fix this?

Sent from The Deathstar

Attachments

• 1396097452731.jpg
    1396097452731.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 81

Sinistar83

Sep 15, 2011
Yeah I have the same issue with the sound on this like the OP. Been using 3rd part apps like Llama and Silent Scheduler to quickly change/view sound settings from notification drawer. Works well but I wish something like this built in the OS. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396114511000.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396114511000.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 72

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Yeah I have the same issue with the sound on this like the OP. Been using 3rd part apps like Llama and Silent Scheduler to quickly change/view sound settings from notification drawer. Works well but I wish something like this built in the OS. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Have you ever run into a bug where you set a task to change the media volume to 8 or higher automatically, upon connecting headphones? It seems half the time it gets stuck at 6 or 7, presumably because the volume level warning message never gets its chance to show up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sinistar83

Sep 15, 2011
Have you ever run into a bug where you set a task to change the media volume to 8 or higher automatically, upon connecting headphones? It seems half the time it gets stuck at 6 or 7, presumably because the volume level warning message never gets its chance to show up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No actually I haven't had a chance to program tasker that much yet. The only task I have set for it so far is to play the TF2 medic sound byte "I am fully charged!" when my battery level gets 100% when charging :)