Staff member
root....yes www.kingoapp.com
unlocked bootloader.....nope

curious though, if you will amuse me

where did you order from?
what OP were you told it was running?

when do you expect it to arrive, as I am curious as to what IS actually running

Ordered it from AT&T and they didnt say. 2 to 4 days

Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods. Southern Indaina here, right on the Ohio river.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Ordered it from AT&T and they didnt say. 2 to 4 days

Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods. Southern Indaina here, right on the Ohio river.

been battling with ATT for couple months now about update

running 4.2.2
month ago website advertised it was running 4.3
checked site couple weeks ago and it says running 4.4

but of course they cant give you a real answer

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Im surprised no one has unlocked the bootloader yet. At least we have root

apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.

I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app

I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.

I have removed Knox as a system app from my wifes note 3. It can be done, I just dont know if it would have any effect on the bootloader

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Bummer for me......no bummer for you. Well, congrats on the new phone. I had eyeballed the Note 3, but everything is just so small now.
The battle continues.

Thanx for getting back though.
Have fun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    been battling with ATT for couple months now about update

running 4.2.2
    month ago website advertised it was running 4.3
    checked site couple weeks ago and it says running 4.4

but of course they cant give you a real answer

As soon as I get it, Ill let you know