[Q] Infuse 4G's 4.1.1 ROM Download

Search This thread

kikato

Jul 7, 2014
I've been able to redirect audio to the phone's earpiece and speaker using the SoundAbout app, but can't use the Samsung's dock audio options: speaker and "line out" outputs.

Have read that USB audio used to work with Samsung docks in v4.1.1 and stopped working in v4.1.2.

Where can I get a stable v4.1.1 custom ROM with GAPPS?

Samsung Desktop Dock for Infuse 4G (Amazon)

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

My Samsung home dock only outputs USB audio via its integrated speaker. SoundAbout seems to be working redirecting audio to different audio outputs except the dock's "Line Out" port.

Have read that it used to work in v4.1.1 and stopped working in v4.1.2.

Where can I get a stable v4.1.1 custom ROM with GAPPS?

so you want a rom that will force your Samsung home dock to play sound on the integrated speaker?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

The dock has an integrated speaker and a 3.5mm "line out" connector, and after checking again, none work.

I want to use the "line out" option of the Samsung dock.

Samsung Desktop Dock for Infuse 4G

ohhhhh okay...........well I'm on 4.4.4 CarbonRom and my brother has a stereo with usb dock and aux cable and it wont work with the dock but it will work with the aux cable but somehow sounds better when i have both plugged in...........and have you tried just using the dock or aux cable separately? or together? and the android version might have something to do with it.....but i can't check for you since i don't have a Samsung dock :/

edit: just saw the video nvm what i said......why not just connect your charger and use the aux cable to play sound without using the dock?

Last edited:

kikato

Jul 7, 2014
What do you mean by aux cable?

The other option is to connect to the headphone connector, but the "line out" must have a cleaner sound for amplification.

And you don't get the headphone's cable sticking out from the top of the phone when the phone is on the dock/desk.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
What do you mean by aux cable?

The other option is to connect to the headphone connector, but the "line out" must have a cleaner sound for amplification.

And you don't get the headphone's cable sticking out from the top of the phone when the phone is on the dock/desk.

I think he means one and the same (Aux cable of the sound system in the headphone jack and not the Dock's line out jack).

Not an optimal solution, I know, but given that if a 4.1.1 ROM was available, you wouldn't want it, as it is affected by the nasty Heartbleed bug. (4.1.2 and up is okay).

But maybe you could try older, that is, Entropy's CM9 (4.0.4). The ICS/JB versions were developed so fast that there was too little time to squash the bugs, and CM9 is supposedly a prime example of that, but four your needs, it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

kikato

Jul 7, 2014
The little booklet included with the dock says:

DOWNLOADING OPERATING SOFTWARE
for your Infuse 4G Desktop Dock or Car Dock

3) Type Samsung Car Home or Samsung Desk Home in the search box

But Google Play says the app is not compatible with the Infuse 4G (maybe it doesn't like KitKat in the Infuse 4G). Even tried Market Helper to bypass compatibility check and still couldn't download the app.

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

The little booklet included with the dock says:

DOWNLOADING OPERATING SOFTWARE
for your Infuse 4G Desktop Dock or Car Dock

3) Type Samsung Car Home or Samsung Desk Home in the search box

But Google Play says the app is not compatible with the Infuse 4G (maybe it doesn't like KitKat in the Infuse 4G). Even tried Market Helper to bypass compatibility check and still couldn't download the app.

have you tired just looking for the apk on Google then putting it on your sdcard then installing it from there?

kikato

Jul 7, 2014
Tried APK Downloader webpage in Firefox (APK Downloader), didn't work.

Maybe the Chrome extension version works better, but is it safe to use user/password/ID with this extension? Probably not worse than Market Helper.

Found v2.3 for v2.3.7 (sounds fishy) here ..

Samsung Desk Home 2.3

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Tried APK Downloader webpage in Firefox (APK Downloader), didn't work.

Maybe the Chrome extension version works better, but is it safe to use user/password/ID with this extension? Probably not worse than Market Helper.

Found v2.3 for v2.3.7 (sounds fishy) here ..

Samsung Desk Home 2.3

you can try it......just click install and it will tell you if it is the actual app not just a "fakename.apk"