Need root for kyocera icon

Search This thread

AngelTheMajestic

Aug 18, 2014
i cant seem to find any roots for this phone, the kyocera hydro icon is currently running android version 4.3 (jellybean) . the model # is C6730 . atleast find me the .Tar file or md5 file . i could use your guys help thanks.

surgical1

Oct 30, 2008
Hi;
Was reading your post.
Enter: "Bin4ry" in XDA-Search Box.
Its SUPPOSED to be able to root
this phone. Have had no luck with
it as of yet. Another program you
might try is: KINGO, which claims
to be able to root 98% of any Android
phones. Let me know how you made
out. If successful with any of these,
PLEASE let me know step-by-step
how you did it!!:)

Sent from my C6730 using XDA Free mobile app

Bling_Diggity

Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
www.g-slatefans.com
I have tried numerous rooting methods on this phone since I purchased it a week ago. ALL have failed, even those which were once confirmed as successful. Unfortunately, right now that means that this phone cannot be rooted if it is running on the latest software update, 4.4.2.
So far I have tried and failed to root the device via:
RootGenius
Bin4ry's method
iRoot
KingoROOT

I have yet to try cydia impactor. But I will post the results tonight when I get off work.

Assume still no root for Hydro Icon-4.4.2?

Is it safe to assume no one has found any working root for the Kyocera Hydro Icon running 4.4.2 KK?
I have tried multiple other methods multiple times (King Root, Root Master, Master Root, Poot, Towelroot, Framaroot, Universal Root, Kingoroot, vRoot, SRS Root, Easy Root, Root Genius, iRoot & Cydia Impactor) but it was all in vain, is there anything I'm missing?
Add Bin4ry's method to the list.

Last edited:

bearhard50

Mar 1, 2015
Alpha Tekk, I have try ever know source to root this phone as well. With no success. If find out any that work with the update 4.4 KitKat please let me know :(

Sent from my C6730 using XDA Free mobile app