Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
I've been looking into this off and on and repartitioning has not gone well. Seeing that it looks like even official ICS kills webtop, if osh could be modified to be read as storage by CWM, it would be an ideal place to store a couple webtop free backups. I'll continue to explore this as an option for everybody seeing that the general desire for ICS makes Webtop/Ubuntop a pointless project.

You any good with bash

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

thatguy07

Aug 3, 2009
Va Beach, Va
I've been looking into this off and on and repartitioning has not gone well. Seeing that it looks like even official ICS kills webtop, if osh could be modified to be read as storage by CWM, it would be an ideal place to store a couple webtop free backups. I'll continue to explore this as an option for everybody seeing that the general desire for ICS makes Webtop/Ubuntop a pointless project.

Official ics kills web top? Well damn...

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
You any good with bash

I'm out of practice but with enough caffeine and hits to the head to wake up that part of my brain I'm passable. No where near your level though.

Official ics kills web top? Well damn...

(off subject) All the leak videos and reports on Webtop 3.0 shows the new Webtop as nothing more than mirroring mode with a ppi switch to trigger the tablet ui. Been there, done that and abandon it.

bray424

Nov 14, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro

The only reason I thought of extending the /data/ or even the internal sdcard partitions is that my only experience with android partitions is from the old Firerat Recovery from my Hero, thinking something like if the osh partition cant be deleted, resize it to 1kb and resize the data partition as well. But now that you mention it, just being able to erase osh and using it like an extra sd card or something would still work great for backups or music or wallpaper or anything that doesn't need to be in a specific directory.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Also just tried the Kitchen Sink download right now, Chrome got the corrupt 1.14mb zip file, but Internet Explorer (or more specifically, IE Tab) grabbed a working 281mb zip.

Last edited:

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
The only reason I thought of extending the /data/ or even the internal sdcard partitions is that my only experience with android partitions is from the old Firerat Recovery from my Hero, thinking something like if the osh partition cant be deleted, resize it to 1kb and resize the data partition as well. But now that you mention it, just being able to erase osh and using it like an extra sd card or something would still work great for backups or music or wallpaper or anything that doesn't need to be in a specific directory.

I've shopped around for this and from what I've gathered its a b!tch. People have reported complete bricks of their phone, cwm repartitioning, loss of touch screen. Someone on the nook color(I think that was one of the forums I read) a guy made a step by step on how to do this but had to have a custom cwm so that cwm would format the new partition correctly. Anyways just seems like a lot of work no matter the angle

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
yea just downloaded super rom and flashed without a hiccup
i like the kernel choice
thanks so much

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

kobuu

Feb 16, 2010
Quincy
gplus.to
Just a thought

So I was thinking. I know a lot of us have made all kinds of requests. Back when I first got into Android, I had the Samsung Moment. There was a HUGE community on SDX hacking the SH!T out of it. Someone made a "Kitchen" online where you could pick and choose what you wanted and then hit download where the zip would be custom made to what you selected. Have you thought about doing something like that to save on the download size? Just a thought...

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
So I was thinking. I know a lot of us have made all kinds of requests. Back when I first got into Android, I had the Samsung Moment. There was a HUGE community on SDX hacking the SH!T out of it. Someone made a "Kitchen" online where you could pick and choose what you wanted and then hit download where the zip would be custom made to what you selected. Have you thought about doing something like that to save on the download size? Just a thought...

eventually but lots of work must be done first.

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
had to post a screenie.
super rom 1.005 with cm9 & oleg fusion kernel
also L7 with charge bar app.like miui batt.bar

+signal rock solid ---flashed 031 first :)

+wifi connecting and reconnecting to home router and mifi

+Bluetooth connecting and auto reconnecting to car alpine and backbeats.

+camera solid front and back

cam corder work around video illusions app....video playblack still choppy

oh????? how do you change screenshot to jpg by default instead of png.
seems xda premium liks jpeg.

glitches:
when opening browser, notification bar shows artifacts

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334846447729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334846447729.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

JamesChilds

Jan 3, 2012
Lakeland
Request

I would like to request that ES File Explorer be an option on install.

One of the best file explorers out there IMO!!

Thanks if you add it!

Reactions: kobuu

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Ok....Joker and I finally got MIUI to install correctly...took the entire morning, but it's butter now. Everything working...data, phone, sms, mms, camera (f and b), music, etc....

So, we're another step closer... :)

TWO FULLY FUNCTIONING ROMS....ONE ZIP

kobuu

Feb 16, 2010
Quincy
gplus.to
Just d/l'd, installed pretty easily. The "touch" part of Aroma doesn't work for me. I have to use my volume and camera buttons for selections. No big deal but I thought y'all should know.

As for the ROM, booted up without a hitch. There are some theming things I don't really like (contact list being bright white, had to figure out how to change the ICS Reloaded to black as well) but I can deal with that.

Running VERY smooth. Love Apex launcher having never tried that before. But really, FANTASTIC work Joker!! (and Th3Bill I believe). Looking forward to all the other wonderful goodies!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    too much for listing at this point. Basically the kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -Tablet mod

downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period

The first rule of KITCHEN SINK is...YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

The second rule of KITCHEN SINK is....YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

It NEEDS a rom installed on it for touch to work! :)

Gonna work to keep the MIUI portion as up to date as possible as quickly as possible....MIUI.us releases on Friday, we usually release ours Sat/Sun.
    Plan to work on updates being a small flashable zip with what's new so it's not a full new install....update will contain mostly have options

If you have an idea for a theme, ask bytethegroove...he's done a great job with the buuf version. We're looking to get some more ideas.
    Hopefully, though, with this coming week's update, MIUI will finally fix themes.
    So, before mentioning it, read....THEMES DO NOT FULLY WORK right now through the app...it will theme parts, but not all. Only full theme is the buuf that byte did at this time. :)

Note: CM9 Music doesn't fully work in MIUI. MIUI has integration of Music app in the notification bar as well as lockscreen, so if you choose to use cm9's music app...it may bork
    will be keeping aokp, gummy, and CNA (if the Dev becomes active again otherwise just cm9 base updates, fixes, and mods) up to date and on par with the threads themselves.... if not better with all the extra options in the sink.... feel free to hit me up in any of the individual threads for help on the ROM you are using just be sure to mention if its coming from the sink or not... hope you guys like what this is becoming I know I do......... but....
    above all play smart make back ups and enjoy..... thanks
    OK EVERYONE!
    Hope everyone is enjoying Kitchen Sink V1.3.
    There is LITERALLY DAYS worth of collaboration between Joker, Spleef, and myself on this project. We've tested some of it, but with 3 people, there's NO WAY we can test it all and have time to add in anything new.
    SO We have a homework assignment for everyone flashing Kitchen Sink:
    3 THINGS:
    1) What options you chose
    2) What works
    3) What does not

We are willing to help and answer questions, but if you do NOT provide the above 3 requirements, YOU WILL NOT GET RESPONDED TO. There are TOO many options on this rom as it is with TOO MANY configurations for us to have to try to GUESS why something is or is not working. Help us out, and we will help you out.

Give us as much information on as many possible combinations as you can...This will help us bring you a really KICK-ASS product!

Thanks again, and Enjoy Kitchen Sink!! I know I am :)
    few things are broken as expected but i will release today. just dont expect alot to work right. todays release will be about fixing stuff