[Q] still on 4.1.2

Search This thread
Jul 10, 2014
hii guys
I have bought my s3 I9305 from oman and now im using it in india. ..........still I haven't received 4.3 update in my phone nor in kies......so please tell me what ro do to update the phone??

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
hii guys
I have bought my s3 I9305 from oman and now im using it in india. ..........still I haven't received 4.3 update in my phone nor in kies......so please tell me what ro do to update the phone??

if you update your i9305 via ota update or kies, you will get the knox bootloader (new bootloader since 4.3) and that crap is nothing but a pain in the ass!! read about KNOX here. I dont recommend updating to official 4.3 for now with ota or kies, instead of that use a custom stock rom 4.3 from any developer on the development thread of i9305 without knox. but first ask in the thread of the rom, if you will get knox by flashing it? knox itself is removed from those custom 4.3 roms but still i dont know for sure, i have the new bootloader with knox myself unfortunately :(

all this time since im on knox bootl. ive had no problems actually with the knox bootloader in all that custom roms/kernels/recoveries flashing etc. but some do have and maybe you will too...(i hope not of course, if you do update to official 4.3) but you are warned!

paffo

Mar 16, 2010
Update to 4.3 isnt worth at all.
Well configured 4.1.2 with some useful application is much better.

iluatutu

Jul 25, 2012
Melbourne
I just recently updated my s3 to 4.3 and the knox app isn't installed its just a link to install it should I install it or not

Sent from my GT-I9305T using XDA Free mobile app

timmtn

Nov 29, 2013
Nørresundby
I just recently updated my s3 to 4.3 and the knox app isn't installed its just a link to install it should I install it or not

I am still on 4.1, but as far as I know, the problem is not the Knox app, but the Bootloader for 4.3, which has Knox installed. Which means that you void your warranty if you install custom roms after updating to stock 4.3. Like MaHo said, read Here

Reactions: MaHo_66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am still on 4.1, but as far as I know, the problem is not the Knox app, but the Bootloader for 4.3, which has Knox installed. Which means that you void your warranty if you install custom roms after updating to stock 4.3. Like MaHo said, read Here