Samsung Galaxy SIII- 05/22 in London-Yes i will definitely stick with my awesome Note

Search This thread

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Leak pics and introduce on 05/22/2012 of the SIII? I usually change new phones every quarter until i got the Galaxy Note. I will certainly stick with this untill Note 2 coming out just because of the screen. Anyone here have the same idea?

SIII Specs:
  1. Quad-core processor – Exynos 4412 with ARM Mali-400 GPU
  2. 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD display
  3. 8MP rear-camera, 2MP front-camera (as suggested by a supposed image taken with the SGS3)
  4. 2GB RAM
  5. 4G/LTE
  6. Ceramic Case

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-release-date-photo-64212/

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
waiting for my padfone to come out

Its gonna be 4.8 inches but the option to plug it into a tablet is pretty amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Last edited:

ObeyJrawh

Mar 9, 2012
Keizer
I think that I need to calm my a$$ down when to comes to phones because I change alot as well. But this phone is defitnely my winner and the battery last me anough that I don't have to charge it fine times a day!!! Besides new phones come out every what two weeks? o_O the s3 looks nice but just not as badass as this phone, I'm sure alot of us wouldn't of mind having this phone a lil slimmer lets leave it for the Samsung galaxy note 2 :)

Sent From My MAGNUM DROID XXLR

esco757

Dec 31, 2008
Wow, now those specs are awesome.. Just wish the camera was 12MP instead... But I def would cave in throw $300 @ that w/o a problem off bat. Might just completely hold out for this :D, the -.2" screen real estate wouldn't be missed coming from the Streak....

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
I feel like this is just a photoshop. Home button, power button on the opposite side? The home button especially. Doesn't fit in with the prospected worldwide launch, as I'm sure they would do away with the physical button for North America. To me the physical button in reminiscent of old smartphones. I'm certainly keeping my Note but if the s3 actually looks like this I won't be getting it as well. I have 3 upgrades to use this year lol but I'm not going to get a phone with a big clicky home button

Edit: This is definitely a photoshop. The volume buttons on the left are not shown from the side profile shot, showing the power and camera which would be on the wrong side.

Last edited:

bbgt2

Jan 25, 2011
Chitown
Def getting the S3 when it becomes available, love the note just loved my beloved S2 more and miss it. Cant wait for the S3.
The leaked pics are BS.

baudilus

Jan 29, 2011
Qualcomm doesn't have a quad-core chipset available yet.

Unless this runs on their 8960 chipset [that has an integrated LTE chipset] the performance of any S3 released before Q4 2012 would probably be very similar to the Note.

The leaked pictures are just mockups, and it's a good thing too. They wouldn't sell many with a phone that looked like that.

I, for one, won't be changing - I've been through three Android phones in the last year and finally found one that I love enough to keep for some time.

My wife, however, will be able to upgrade in August, and at that time I'm guess it will be curtains for the iPhone 4; I think she'd like the HTC One X but no one touches Samsung's screens right now, so it might be this one, if it's out by then.

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
I'm pretty sure that was one of the concept pictures to the iPhone 5 that was all over YouTube before the 4S came out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

baudilus

Jan 29, 2011
Wow! This phone really could be a valid iPhone competitor.

The S2 and the Note are already "valid" iPhone competitors.

The only thing apple has over any current android phone is a smooth OS, but that only lasts until the next major iOS update, at which point you're forced to get a new phone.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Whatever the s3 is I'm getting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Whatever the s3 is I'm getting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App

this time i'm undecided

normally i'm jump right into the next best Samsung device without much of a though, but without knowing what's in the bag this time, i'm not as eager to get it

however if it's really a Quad core and runs on AWS 1700, then i'll sure hit it

the problem is there are no official quad core exyno CPU announced by Samsung

and Tegra 3 or Tegra 4 is a no go, nVidia doesn't like open source, so do not expect any updates for your Tegra devices

and the Qualcomm S4 / S5 quad core doesn't look like to be ready yet for this year, it's been relatively quiet in that front

Last edited:

Willanhanyard

Feb 9, 2012
So I don't know if you all got this, but for some reason I wasn't billed the upgrade fee for my galaxy note since you could only preorder the note on a contract and not without one. If I am able top do this with the s3 I will probably sell the s3 and wait for CEA 2013 to roll around the corner.

Sent from the best phone in the world Galaxy Note!!!

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I just bought an AT&T Note today from XDA but I'll be really tempted to switch to a SGS3 if it comes with Samsung Quad-Core & LTE. If I'm able to control myself, I'll wait to see if what Note 2 comes with.