[Q] How to calibrate screen in ics

Search This thread

albright

Mar 25, 2011
How do you calibrate the touchscreen in ics?

the calibration.ini trick does not seem to work

(I can't even find the TSCalibration program anywhere ...)

albright

Mar 25, 2011
I *did* read that - but I have only the faintest conception
of what an adb shell is. I don't particularly want to go to
the trouble of installing the sdk for which I have no need.

That's why I *hoped* the simpler way in the original post
might work.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
I don't particularly want to go to
the trouble of installing the sdk for which I have no need.
FYI: I don't think you need to install the entire SDK just to run ADB. The adb executable (and, its libraries) alone should suffice--it does on Linux.

That's why I *hoped* the simpler way in the original post
might work.
There is a simpler method now. Go through that post again. I've got a zip file there which you can flash using CWM.

albright

Mar 25, 2011
There is a simpler method now. Go through that post again. I've got a zip file there which you can flash using CWM.

that's great. There's a warning about which kernels work but
I assume that the kernel in ics is OK, right?

Edit: sorry, you meant the CWM kernel so that's OK

Edit2: and it works fine - many thanks

Last edited:
X

xyphoid

coby 1125 ics touch screen calibrate

Could any of you please help. I upgraded the coby from gb to ics using the various techniques listed. I was eventually successful, however, I can't really use it because the touchscreen seems to be backwards, and mirrored. If I'm not mistaken, it seems calibrated for the 8127, where mine is 1127 10" widescreen. the "about" displays it as Model# mid8127, o.s. ver 4.0.3. I can't use any aps to correct since no file manager is present, and it is next to impossible to type through get jar. I couldn't follow the directions on this thread keenly, so please explain step by step. Though I got ics to work, somehow, I'm a rookie, and don't understand tech stuff that much. I have access to ubuntu 12.04, and windows, so I can connect the tablet, which I have done, but I don't understand how to use abd, nor cwmmanger. I tried, but got confused, though I was on windows 7. Please give me the steps in plain terms how I may use ts_calibrate, or any other method to c orrect the touch issue. If there were a way to access the start menu or file responsible and edit that. Such was the case on another tablet of mine the wm mid8650, where a similair issue occured installing uberoid. I had to edit for the 8" screen vs the primary 7"

Thanks!

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Could any of you please help. I upgraded the coby from gb to ics using the various techniques listed. I was eventually successful, however, I can't really use it because the touchscreen seems to be backwards, and mirrored.
You should talk to the guys who created the ICS for your tablet. They're the ones who'll be able to help you.

I couldn't follow the directions on this thread keenly, so please explain step by step.
The steps in this thread are specific to a) the Tegra 2 Harmony-based tablets manufactured by Malata (eg. the ViewSonic gTablet) and b) to the stock or stock-derived kernels for those tablets.

Last edited:
X

xyphoid

You should talk to the guys who created the ICS for your tablet. They're the ones who'll be able to help you.

The steps in this thread are specific to a) the tablets manufactured by Malata (eg. the ViewSonic gTablet) and b) to stock, or stock-derived, kernels for those tablets.

I see, missed that. Thanks anyway, but the version is initially from coby germany i presume, but I may have picked mine up from a thread link, and since I've visited many souces, I'm not sure. I could contact coby germany, but not sure how forthcoming they would be. Thanks anyway! I think this needs to be done on sd card some how.

Photoelectric

Sep 21, 2011
Thank you, rajeevvp!!!! Flashing the zip file through CWM has definitely made touch sensitivity miles better. Working great now!!!

Top Liked Posts