Do not buy HTC One X...mother boards not DURABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adityavipradas

Feb 6, 2014
The HTC One X seemed a good option that could cater all my needs. But much to my disappointment, the phone's display started to malfunction after 1 year and 3 months i.e. right after the phone warranty got expired(Google search 'Blank Screen of Death).
The phone display went blank all of a sudden. The HTC service center employees told me that there was a fault in the mother board itself and only replacing it can solve the problem.
Are the HTC mother boards so cheap that they die right after the warranty period?

He also told me that replacing the board might also harm the battery and I will have to replace that as well. Is the design of HTC one X so bad? I had to shell out half the amount of the actual phone price to get the board replaced. What is the use of buying such a high-end phone then?
I suspect that HTC itself tweaks the codes in order to make the phone malfunction after the warranty period. After this incident, I have made up my mind that I won't buy HTC products anymore and would encourage people to do the same.I beg HTC guys to please start developing good and DURABLE products. I have no idea whether they know what 'DURABLE' means. If the mother boards itself are so rubbish and cheap, what is the use of the famous NVIDIA Tegra 3 QUAD CORE processor, the 8MP camera, 1GB RAM and 25GB memory?

I would have purchased an entirely new phone from the money I spent on another of the HTC mother boards. I hope this works fine now. I have been given a warranty of 3 months on the new mother board. Now I just hope that the phone and all its parts work properly again. But there is one thing for sure: HTC, YOU HAVE BROKEN MY TRUST....Shame on you!..Hey, and kindly change your tagline...HTC, quietly destructive.

Last edited by a moderator:

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
Yeah..2 times i change motherboard..when i send to HTC service centre, they told me HOX really have problem with motherboard :(

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zute333

Dec 28, 2012
Canterbury
HTC Desire
YotaPhone
did you get an account just to complain about your phone? the massive majority of hox's seem to be lasting, mine is better than ever really. rooting is wonderful for getting rid of kinks that start showing up after a while of usage, some hardware faults are actually fairly easy to fix on your own with google. theres no point judging a company cos you a few people had dodgy handsets, no company has a perfect handset, look at the iphone - has as many software faults, screen breaks and hardware issues than any other phone i've seen of the last couple of gens, if not more (imo), but doesnt mean that most of them aren't still good phones.
your last joke makes me think i may have just fed a troll

sandm4n

did you get an account just to complain about your phone? the massive majority of hox's seem to be lasting, mine is better than ever really. rooting is wonderful for getting rid of kinks that start showing up after a while of usage, some hardware faults are actually fairly easy to fix on your own with google. theres no point judging a company cos you a few people had dodgy handsets, no company has a perfect handset, look at the iphone - has as many software faults, screen breaks and hardware issues than any other phone i've seen of the last couple of gens, if not more (imo), but doesnt mean that most of them aren't still good phones.
your last joke makes me think i may have just fed a troll

+1, IMHO overheating is maybe the reason why many of these handsets die out. T3 can run really hot if users don't take care and especially run demanding games while charging. That being said, you could also blame HTC(or any other company for that matter) for QC as people have ended up with faulty hardware out of the box but if you get a good piece then its a beauty which does last quite a time (1.5 yrs and still running strong for me :) )

de4life

Jan 27, 2014
Ipswich
The HOX motherboard is fine. It's a shame you've had a bad experience, OP, but you'll find that a lot of people on various phones have motherboard issues. These pieces of equipment are delicate and get heated, unfortunately some problems are bound to occur. There's no evidence to suggest the HOX motherboard is any more or less durable than other phones. I've had mine for close to two years now and it's still working just fine.

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
I would say it's not HTC mainboards that are the issue but the nvidia chips themselves, I have had 3 GeForce pc video cards go bad in the past 2 years due to the chip heating then cooling and eventually causing the solder joints to crack, it's very common with nvidia chips.

I have repaired these bad cards by heating the chip with an iron to heat the solder, check YouTube for videos.

Maybe the same tricks work on the tegra chip, maybe the heat up and cool down is stressing the solder joints causing the failure.

By the way I have had no issues till now with my 16 month old one x, hope that continues.

Last edited:

Nubzori

Apr 25, 2011
No problems here, I've had One X for 2 years. Sorry to see some people have problems

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
Mine is ok after almost 2 years, only got rid of as i was fed up with HTC dropping support.
Got an S4 now.

If you live in the EU then you are covered by a statuatory 2 year warranty, as per EU law for all items sold, if not i am afraid it will cost you for the repair.

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thread Closed.

Guide to HTC One X International Forums (Please Read before posting here)
What goes here

• Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in Q&A)
  • General information about the device
  • Tips and Tricks
  • Every general discussion about technical aspects of device
What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not tolerated)

• Everything prohibited by above linked forum rules.
  • "Whis is the best rom for this device", "Is this rom better than that" (always subjective, prone to fanboy wars)
  • Device comparison threads "Which is better: iphone or this phone" (see above)
  • "What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-Topic to this phone, post that in OT-Forum)
  • "Hello"/"Goodbye"/"Merry Christmas,Easter,Hannukkah, whatever" (Obviously OT, just imagine every user posts that)
  • "I'll never buy HTC again", "Why HTC/Samsung/whoever sucks" and all other "hate"-threads (Tell that those guys, not us)
  • "Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other Questions (belong in Q&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Closed.

Guide to HTC One X International Forums (Please Read before posting here)
    What goes here

• Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in Q&A)
    • General information about the device
    • Tips and Tricks
    • Every general discussion about technical aspects of device
    What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not tolerated)

• Everything prohibited by above linked forum rules.
    • "Whis is the best rom for this device", "Is this rom better than that" (always subjective, prone to fanboy wars)
    • Device comparison threads "Which is better: iphone or this phone" (see above)
    • "What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-Topic to this phone, post that in OT-Forum)
    • "Hello"/"Goodbye"/"Merry Christmas,Easter,Hannukkah, whatever" (Obviously OT, just imagine every user posts that)
    • "I'll never buy HTC again", "Why HTC/Samsung/whoever sucks" and all other "hate"-threads (Tell that those guys, not us)
    • "Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other Questions (belong in Q&A)