Back up/Restore

Search This thread

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
What is everyone using to back up and restore apps and app data? Ive used Titanium in the past but always had some type of issue when restoring data so I stopped restoring altogether and I have been reinstalling all my apps through the Playstore. I also have Rom Tool Box installed but have not tried it to restore yet.

Is there an app out there that works great restoring apps and data and if so which one. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T

a2441918

Inactive Recognized Developer / Senior Member
Jan 1, 2011
New York
What is everyone using to back up and restore apps and app data? Ive used Titanium in the past but always had some type of issue when restoring data so I stopped restoring altogether and I have been reinstalling all my apps through the Playstore. I also have Rom Tool Box installed but have not tried it to restore yet.

Is there an app out there that works great restoring apps and data and if so which one. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T

Use mybackup pro from play store. Always the best.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Titanium, one of the 1st apps I bought when I got my evo 4G/1st smartphone. I use the scheduled backup function everyday at 4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: sshafranko

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Titanium, one of the 1st apps I bought when I got my evo 4G/1st smartphone. I use the scheduled backup function everyday at 4.

Ever since I bought N3, TiB never worked for me, at least scheduled backup didn't. It takes less then 10 seconds for it finish backing up apps with new data, and when I sort by new backups, I see most apps where not backed up at all.
I've sent several emails to developers, but it's like sending it to a black hole, no responses.
It's a shame really, as TiB used to be the best.

Hellium is a good alternative too, especially if you are planning not doing root for a while, but it fails to backup/restore a lot too.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

Sent from my SM-N900T

My back up pro. Works great. Best if use the donate version

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Thanks guys gonna try MBUP tonight and see how it does. I never had any luck restoring data.

Has anyone restored their app and data from 4.3 to KK yet? If so was it ok or did you have to do anything different?

Reason I ask is because going from 4.1.2 to 4.3 I and many or all others I should say had an issue woth TIBU and the TIBU restore app was created.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
For the guys using My Backup is there any integration with Dropbox like Titanium? Im about to dish out the 5 bucks but jist curious about dropbox. Thnks

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Fyi....I purchased and used MBUP and it worked flawlessly. Havent found any issues at all restoring data yet, and very simple app to use. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900T

Reactions: BACARDILIMON

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida

Sent from my SM-N900T

The playstore doesn't list "My Apps" anymore, how do you restore the apps now if you don't remember them?

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
The playstore doesn't list "My Apps" anymore, how do you restore the apps now if you don't remember them?

Did you back them up with anything? Also why isnt the playstore showing your apps thats strange unless yoir not signed in to your Google account. It has to be that. Check in playstore if your signed in. When your there slide your finger from left of screen to right and you'll see the menu. On top it should have your email sign in.

Sent from my SM-N900T

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Did you back them up with anything? Also why isnt the playstore showing your apps thats strange unless yoir not signed in to your Google account. It has to be that. Check in playstore if your signed in. When your there slide your finger from left of screen to right and you'll see the menu. On top it should have your email sign in.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Google had brain fart today. Still is. Keep trying

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida

Sent from my SM-N900T

I did not know that's where they hid that!

It used to be on the menu button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Use mybackup pro from play store. Always the best.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ever since I bought N3, TiB never worked for me, at least scheduled backup didn't. It takes less then 10 seconds for it finish backing up apps with new data, and when I sort by new backups, I see most apps where not backed up at all.
    I've sent several emails to developers, but it's like sending it to a black hole, no responses.
    It's a shame really, as TiB used to be the best.

Hellium is a good alternative too, especially if you are planning not doing root for a while, but it fails to backup/restore a lot too.

Sent from my SM-N900T

My back up pro. Works great. Best if use the donate version

Randy no issues restoring data? Im scared from Titanium.

Sent from my SM-N900T

None bro. I hit you up on hangouts