[DEV][ROM][4.4.4][CM11] KITKAT for GRAND2 [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aapav01

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
I have changed some selinux settings in my kernel source. I'm compiling and will push to github now.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

BRo don't forget to sign with samsung to pass the secure boot...... i just think it ......could be worry just saying... because r device is boot from secure boot

Reactions: white7561

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
BRo don't forget to sign with samsung to pass the secure boot...... i just think it ......could be worry just saying... because r device is boot from secure boot
that isnt the problem, the problem is that the device files need to be setup properly in order to pack the kernel properly.

Reactions: aapav01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This Support of the CyanogenMod is Unofficial and the sources are up at Androidarmv7.

STRICTLY FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY, NOOBS PLEASE DONT INSTALL IT NOW.

Don't know when Samsung will officially announce Kitkat update for our Galaxy Grand 2, so thought to create own CM-11 (Kitkat 4.4.4).

The ROM zip file is ready to test but at present it is giving Error 7 while flashing in Recoveries (TWRP, CWM and Philz). I have tried many times to get success in all recoveries but still no luck, so thought to share with other developers to check and find the error. At present it is not on github so please dont ask for link, will upload it soon. I have just compiled it from CyanogenMod source in my pc only.

I've got this idea to share with other developers from past experience with LG-P500. It is almost 4 years old phone and still running with KITKAT (see my signature). Developer AndroidMeda from Jenkins initially developed that rom for LG-P500 users without any success for almost 2 weeks from its release date and all lg-p500 developers/users tried their luck to get success. Luckly I was the first one to taste yummy :p KitKat on LG-P500 and after that it all went smooth.

So I am hopeful and looking forward to developers to get success soon for Grand 2 too. :cowboy:

Sharing ROM Link and my unsuccessful recovery logcat for reference.
    Link : REMOVED BY VECTUS
    Closing this dangerous situation down now... If you want to test or dev with op contact him via PM (better yet use IRC or hangouts like real dev's do)... DL link pulled as no GPL source either...
    As I said above, its get into Download mode, need to work on kernel part. Can you or any developer extract the kernel from this rom and work on it, at present I am busy in some other work.

Im not to gud in Kernel bro :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i Hve change the the following thing:

> update-binary
    > path of system from " /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 " to " /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system "
    > path of boot.img to " /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 " to " /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot "

Just this MUCH... :angel:

modified file in Below
    First of all thanks to the deve, Has anyone tested this, is it working please let me know.

you can try yourself.. and because you a dev for our grand 2, maybe you can fix the problem :)
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Sharing ROM Link and my unsuccessful recovery logcat for reference.

Bro I got the problem......... i will be see it if it fix it then ...... i will let u know...............