[ROM]ODEXed CyanogenMod-7 EVO  Fried Green tomatoes TEST v0.92  [update 04.23.2011]

Search This thread

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
[ROM]ODEXed CyanogenMod-7 EVO  Fried Green tomatoes TEST v0.92  [update 04.23.2011]

First and foremost, the credits:

*cyanogen and crew for CyanogenMod
*aamikam for optimizing the system and apks
*aamikam for being a smart cookie
*jubeh for the proper dexopting order (slightly different for gingerbread)
*evoKings for sending me on this project
*XDA and community
*Sprint for Evo
*HTC for Evo
*Google for AOSP
*others...

Secondly:

This is 100% Stock CyanogenMod v7.0.0 as found here. All that I have done is dexoptimized it to reduce boot time and allow for a more optimized system because the odex files are preloaded and do not utilize dalvik.

A few release notes

*You are responsible for your own actions :)
*This was a project done by request so please forgive me if there are any issues regarding this ROM
*I have done some extensive testing for a week before releasing this
*This rom can be used as base for other developers (in fact, it was evokings who wanted an odex base. Eyes peeled for acs and company)
*Existing themes may or may not work (untested), but will defeat odex nature of rom
*This is for the EVO
*This is completely experimental and simply for fun
*I am not affiliated with cyanogenmod and company. Again, this is just for funsies

Changelog
v0.92
-Fixed Keyboard Issues
-Fixed Google Sync Issues
-Fixed Google Apps Force Close Issue
-Fixed News and Weather App Location Issue
-Almost 100%

v0.82
-Initial Release
-Known Issues

Links and further reading

cyanogenmod Home Site
themikmik.com

Known Issues

1. Any issues that are associated with CyanogenMod v7.0.0
2. After installing Gapps, you will get a one time force close (FIXED IN v0.92)

Downloads

Download CyanogenMod-7 ODEXed v0.92 [04.23.2011]

Download CyanogenMod-7 ODEXed v0.82

Download Google Apps Odexed [04.23.2011]

Final Remarks

I take ZERO credit for cyanogenmod or the optimization of the system files and apks (that is thanks to aamikam). All I did, as stated above, was turn this into an ODEXed ROM for which I will take the credit for :D

Enjoy the possibilities...

T

As stated by cyanogen himself:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image (You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
4. WIPE
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
I will indeed give it a try, Tommy. As always, you are appreciated for your work and dedication. Thank you, my friend....:)

m4rk0358

Sep 4, 2010
The Emerald City
Hate to sound like an idiot but a little more clarity around this please:

"and allow for a more optimized system."

Also, would themes created for CM7 work on this version?

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Will download and see about these tomatoes...hahaha

Sent from my HTC EVO using XDA Premium App

androidsupra

Jan 10, 2011
Tazewell VA
This is why I love this place, doing what is supposed to be impossible, reodexing roms. I'm not a cm fan, but thanks for your hard work on accomplishing this feat.

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Gapps coming tonight or tomorrow morning. I am getting an issue where it doesnt want to connect google servers when you sign in to your account during serup. Deodex gapps seem to work fine...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
Sweet. I love your mods for MikRoms and CM7 is a beast of a ROM. This is like a match made in heaven.

One question though, you never really answered if themes work....

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
I am not familiar at all with cm7. This was a project another dev asked of me. So if there are gps issues in cm7 stock then there will be in this one i guess. I didnt modify anything.

As for themes , i havent tested any myself. They may or may not work. I know for sure that old themes will most likely be deodexed though so that will defeat the purpose of odex...in that case just use the regular cm7 to avoid issues.

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
So if I use the theme changer within the rom will it undo the odexing? Nice job btw I loved this rom before it was odexed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First and foremost, the credits:

*cyanogen and crew for CyanogenMod
    *aamikam for optimizing the system and apks
    *aamikam for being a smart cookie
    *jubeh for the proper dexopting order (slightly different for gingerbread)
    *evoKings for sending me on this project
    *XDA and community
    *Sprint for Evo
    *HTC for Evo
    *Google for AOSP
    *others...

Secondly:

This is 100% Stock CyanogenMod v7.0.0 as found here. All that I have done is dexoptimized it to reduce boot time and allow for a more optimized system because the odex files are preloaded and do not utilize dalvik.

A few release notes

*You are responsible for your own actions :)
    *This was a project done by request so please forgive me if there are any issues regarding this ROM
    *I have done some extensive testing for a week before releasing this
    *This rom can be used as base for other developers (in fact, it was evokings who wanted an odex base. Eyes peeled for acs and company)
    *Existing themes may or may not work (untested), but will defeat odex nature of rom
    *This is for the EVO
    *This is completely experimental and simply for fun
    *I am not affiliated with cyanogenmod and company. Again, this is just for funsies

Changelog
    v0.92
    -Fixed Keyboard Issues
    -Almost 100%

v0.82
    -Initial Release
    -Known Issues

Links and further reading

cyanogenmod Home Site
    themikmik.com

Known Issues

1. Any issues that are associated with CyanogenMod v7.0.0
    2. After installing Gapps, you will get a one time force close (FIXED IN v0.92)

Downloads

Download CyanogenMod-7 ODEXed v0.92 [04.23.2011]

Download CyanogenMod-7 ODEXed v0.82

Download Google Apps Odexed [04.23.2011]

Final Remarks

I take ZERO credit for cyanogenmod or the optimization of the system files and apks (that is thanks to aamikam). All I did, as stated above, was turn this into an ODEXed ROM for which I will take the credit for :D

Enjoy the possibilities...

T

As stated by cyanogen himself:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image (You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    nice work ! i take it the gps bug is still around ?

Thank you for the links. This is stock cm7. I didnt think screenies were neccesary.

I'm curious, other than the bugs reported, what sorts of issues would you anticipate to occur due to odexing the ROM, if any?

Besides the aforementioned gapps issue, nothing as of yet. Reason this isnt a v1.00 is because i want people to test it first. I have used it for a week and no issues. If you have any please post. Thank you.

Thank you for all the feed back. The main goal of this project was to create a stable base rom for other folks to play with. With the release of v0.92, I am happy to say all the wrinkles have been ironed, as tested by me. Let me know if there are further issues. I am pretty sure that v0.92 will be v1.00 pending feedback.

Changelog
    v0.92
    -Fixed Keyboard Issues
    -Almost 100%

v0.82
    -Initial Release
    -Known Issues
    Hey Tommy, I noticed in v0.82 that in addition to the missing numbers on the keyboard, the word prediction behavior was also a little funky. Did you notice this too? If so, has this been addressed in v0.92? Thanks, I'll wait for your response before I download.

I noticed that as well. It has been fixed along with the numbers. Thanks you. It's funny cause I thought it was cm7 that didn't predict words. Haha. I think the optimization must have accidentally removed the dictionary or something. Anyways, feel free to download. Keyboard=100% working.