(Team Osiris) Unofficial CM11 for XT1031 (BoostMobile)

Search This thread

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Is there some sort of MMS fix? I can't find a single ROM for xt1031 that doesn't have roaming indicator off or MMS not downloading at all. Any ideas?

And when I use this ROM it shows Sprint network which is a lot better than roaming indicator off. But MMS still don't work.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2009
I agree that Cm is not working, but oh well I can use email. For me the issue is Dsp crashing with play music, as that is my only source for music. Does anyone know a workaround? It won't let me Uninstall even with system mounted as rw, with rom toolbox or es file Explorer.

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009
Is there some sort of MMS fix? I can't find a single ROM for xt1031 that doesn't have roaming indicator off or MMS not downloading at all. Any ideas?

And when I use this ROM it shows Sprint network which is a lot better than roaming indicator off. But MMS still don't work.

Do me a favor and open voice dialer and say "Open APNs" and click the sprint APN listed in there (if at all).

What are the values found in the APN? Go down the list and let me know what it says, if you could.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I agree that Cm is not working, but oh well I can use email. For me the issue is Dsp crashing with play music, as that is my only source for music. Does anyone know a workaround? It won't let me Uninstall even with system mounted as rw, with rom toolbox or es file Explorer.

Have you tried deleting the Play music .apk from /system or /priv-app (whichever folder it's put in these days) using a root file explorer? If not, try that, and then reinstall Play Music.

Sep 18, 2009
Do me a favor and open voice dialer and say "Open APNs" and click the sprint APN listed in there (if at all).

What are the values found in the APN? Go down the list and let me know what it says, if you could.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Have you tried deleting the Play music .apk from /system or /priv-app (whichever folder it's put in these days) using a root file explorer? If not, try that, and then reinstall Play Music.

Opened apns, all are set as the Internet says they should be for boost. As for play music, it didn't come with gapps, so it removed easy. Reinstallation doesn't fix, and I need play music.

Sep 18, 2009
Sms is fine, mms is broken

Sent from my XT1031 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Oh and yeah its dsp that force closes, and makes it take forever to load. At one point, I disabled dsp. Oddly enough instead of actually disabling, it freaked out and force closed constantly till dsp deleted itself (never seen that before!) but for other reasons I had to reflash.

Sent from my XT1031 using xda app-developers app

tattooedgod

Jan 3, 2011
New Hampshire
I always do fresh install no fix for DSP with this tree so far been researching, and MMS is being a b#$%$ sorry for inconvenience.

motoguser

Feb 15, 2014
@tattooedgod

I have changed my carrier from boost to reliance. I just wanted to know whether it would be ok if I flash custom roms.Will it affect my registration becoz I don't wanna change it back to boost again. I have registered to a different MEID

tattooedgod

Jan 3, 2011
New Hampshire
Unless it's set up for your carrier it will change it. I don't know what network your carrier uses so not sure if it would work you could try but you might have to flash your carrier again if it doesn't. But the release I did is only for boost.

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
What files need to changed to to edit the carrier? I have a XT1031 (boost) programmed to PagePlus. Currently the official CM release does work, but I have to enable data roaming to get a data connection.

motoguser

Feb 15, 2014
Unless it's set up for your carrier it will change it. I don't know what network your carrier uses so not sure if it would work you could try but you might have to flash your carrier again if it doesn't. But the release I did is only for boost.

What files need to changed to to edit the carrier? I have a XT1031 (boost) programmed to PagePlus. Currently the official CM release does work, but I have to enable data roaming to get a data connection.

@tattooedgod I have reliance carrier activated. So how can I backup it and restore it in the rom

Mar 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
After a clean install of this ROM:

GPS is non working
MMS is non working

I installed the official build after this and got GPS to work. Still no MMS though.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aleet

Nov 9, 2007

I am also using Boost Moto G on PagePlus w/ SlimKat. ShadowFlare suggested me to use modified PRL from Sprint. I did that and it worked. Don't know why Sprint PRL will work on PagePlus (which is Verizon). As you already know what ever PRL sent by Pageplus OTA will put you on Roaming if you use any custom ROM.

I don't know if I can link to another forum, so you will have to google "Sprint PRL 53401 modified". I also need to use DFS to program NAM to set Pref Mode = CDMA_HDR

Reactions: Takenover83

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Thanks for the above. That fixed the roaming issue on PagePlus. But you also need to edit the build.prop to get mms working.
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
gsm.operator.alpha=Verizon
gsm.operator.numeric=310004

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    images

DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

Install Instructions :

• Wipe Factory
    • Format System
    • Install from Zip
    • Reboot

What's Working :

• Everything I Can Think Of

Newest Download ===> Here

G-apps ===> Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    (Team Osiris) Unofficial CM11 for XT1031 (BoostMobile), a ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    tattooedgod, dhacker29, jetx2x
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: XT1031
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20140122
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-22
    Current Beta Version: 20140121
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-21

Created 2014-01-22
    Last Updated 2014-02-08
    Not much besides connection gsm/CDMA most or all of hardware is same.

Seems to run smooth, just installed and am currently testing on a Boost Mobile Moto G. I will report back with any issues. Thank you!

EDIT: DSP Manager crashing while using Google Music. I had this issue on the Paranoid Android rom as well.
    Seems to run smooth, just installed and am currently testing on a Boost Mobile Moto G. I will report back with any issues. Thank you!

EDIT: DSP Manager crashing while using Google Music. I had this issue on the Paranoid Android rom as well.

Thank you for reply I will look into it to see what can be done thank you