Rooted phone stuck at boot screen

Search This thread

DazzyBox

Apr 11, 2011
Hi folks....This is my first post, so be gentle with me !!;)- Sorry if this post is in the wrong section?
I recently rooted my Alcatel 4030x running 4.1 using Framaroot. I have Superuser, Busybox, Titanium Backup installed too.
Everything has been fine, but this morning upon a regular reboot, the device is stuck on the Alcatel splash screen.
I discovered how to get into Sys Restore, but didnt know what option to choose. Out of desperation , I chose factory reset, which was fruitless.Next I tried restoring from the extrernal SD card, but I think the reset wiped the card.
What should I do now? Does Framaroot create a back up somewhere, or will I have to re-install a ROM (Will need guidance!)
Bit lost what to do, I have only had the phone for 2 months, so any help would be appreciated
Cheers:good:

Nikhilrj

Mar 31, 2014
If your bootloader is working try wiping all cache and factory reset. If your problem persists again download a stock rom or custom rom and flash your device.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

DazzyBox

Apr 11, 2011
Cheers Nikhilrj.
I have tried all options in the retore menu, but no joy...
My computer can see the handset in Device Manager, so I am guessing the phones not toast yet....
I am fine with reinstalling Windows, but I haven't a clue with Droid, but I'll give it a whirl.

Apart from custom or stock roms, what other software/files will I need?- one of the options was installing from ADB?
I am guessing everything I need will be here on XDA somewhere?
Any further hints or tips would be great...
Thanks again

Nikhilrj

Mar 31, 2014
You need to flash custom recovery first before installing roms. Download a custom recovery for your phone and try to flash it in bootloader. If it fails, try using odin. First check whether your download mode is working fine. Power off, wait for few seconds.. press power on button, volume up and the home button.(just like you did it load boot menu. In this case you are pressing volume up instead of down). If thats working fine. Then download odin. :thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: DazzyBox

DazzyBox

Apr 11, 2011
Mmm I think I get you...Should I save the custom recovery to the SD card and select it from the boot menu?
Will have a look now for the custom recovery.
Cheers

Nikhilrj

Mar 31, 2014
Yes. You must imsert it to external sd card. :D

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Have you ever used rom manager?

DazzyBox

Apr 11, 2011
If the phone is not booting, then the external SD (SD 1) wont mount? I have found a root and cwm recovery (.img files) and placed them on the card in a folder. The folder is not there when I go to it ....(other folders are showing )
Is the SD card listed the internal (SD 0)?

Nikhilrj

Mar 31, 2014
No. The external sd card should mount even if you are not able to power it on and you should be able to see all the files and folders. Try it again. Go to bootloader-external storage- and check in the folder or you said your computer is detecting your phone.right? Then try using odin. Hope you know how to use odin or I will assist you.before that check it again

DazzyBox

Apr 11, 2011
Hi .
You mention Odin? I have been lead to believe this is for Samsung only? My handset is an Alcatel S Pop 4030x.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to flash custom recovery first before installing roms. Download a custom recovery for your phone and try to flash it in bootloader. If it fails, try using odin. First check whether your download mode is working fine. Power off, wait for few seconds.. press power on button, volume up and the home button.(just like you did it load boot menu. In this case you are pressing volume up instead of down). If thats working fine. Then download odin. :thumbup::thumbup: