[GUIDE][JB 4.1.2+] How To Remove "Swipe Up Or Down" At The Lockscreen

Search This thread

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Everyone
I'm Going To Guide You On How To Remove "Swipe Up Or Down" Text At The Lockscreen

This Method Will Work For Sony Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean & Above Including The Latest KitKat

What Do You Need

1. A Computer With Android SDK Installed
2. APK Tool (Any Kind That Able To Decompile & Recompile APK)
3. Notepad++
4. Xperia™ Smartphone With Rooted ROM & Deodexed ROM
5. Time

So The Guide Starts Here

1) Open Any File Manager That Allowed To Navigate To System
2) Go To System/App & Copy The XperiaLockScreen.apk For 4.2.2+ / UxpNxtLockScreen.apk For 4.1.2 To Your Computer
3) Decompile The APK
4) Navigate To res/layout & Open The unlock_hint.xml With Notepad++
5) You Will Find This
Code:
<TextView android:textSize="@dimen/lockscreen_text_size_medium" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/hintText" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/lockscreen_text_padding" android:paddingRight="@dimen/lockscreen_text_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/lockscreen_short_unlock_hint" android:shadowColor="@color/text_shadow_color" android:shadowDx="@integer/text_shadow_dx" android:shadowDy="@integer/text_shadow_dy" android:shadowRadius="@integer/text_shadow_radius" />
6) Delete This Whole Line & Save It
7) Download The Pictures Here & Replace Them In res/drawable-xxhdpi
8) Replace The Pictures In drawable-xhdpi Folder If You Got 720 x 1280 Screen Resolution & drawable-hdpi For 480 x 854 While drawable-mdpi For 320 x 480
9) Recompile The APK & Replace It In System/App & Set Permissions To RW-R-R
10) Done! :D

Reply To This Thread If You Have Any Questions Or Problems Relating To This Guide....

Please Hit
2e6el90.png
Button If You Appreciated / If You Like It

Last edited:

XPS_93

Sep 24, 2012
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7T
I can't see the code using XDA app
But on browser should work.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium

Bro, Unable to see the code in browser too :(

Not sure what happened, I've tried all browsers in my PC and they're unable to load the code line. But now somehow I'm able to see the code, so good luck in trying :p
And thanks for making this tutorial, it works very well. By the way I wonder if its possible to remove the arrow & camera buttons beside the clock?

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure what happened, I've tried all browsers in my PC and they're unable to load the code line. But now somehow I'm able to see the code, so good luck in trying :p
And thanks for making this tutorial, it works very well. By the way I wonder if its possible to remove the arrow & camera buttons beside the clock?

Post a screenshot and circle the stuffs you want to remove.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone
    I'm Going To Guide You On How To Remove "Swipe Up Or Down" Text At The Lockscreen

This Method Will Work For Sony Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean & Above Including The Latest KitKat

What Do You Need

1. A Computer With Android SDK Installed
    2. APK Tool (Any Kind That Able To Decompile & Recompile APK)
    3. Notepad++
    4. Xperia™ Smartphone With Rooted ROM & Deodexed ROM
    5. Time

So The Guide Starts Here

1) Open Any File Manager That Allowed To Navigate To System
    2) Go To System/App & Copy The XperiaLockScreen.apk For 4.2.2+ / UxpNxtLockScreen.apk For 4.1.2 To Your Computer
    3) Decompile The APK
    4) Navigate To res/layout & Open The unlock_hint.xml With Notepad++
    5) You Will Find This
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/lockscreen_text_size_medium" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/hintText" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/lockscreen_text_padding" android:paddingRight="@dimen/lockscreen_text_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/lockscreen_short_unlock_hint" android:shadowColor="@color/text_shadow_color" android:shadowDx="@integer/text_shadow_dx" android:shadowDy="@integer/text_shadow_dy" android:shadowRadius="@integer/text_shadow_radius" />
    6) Delete This Whole Line & Save It
    7) Download The Pictures Here & Replace Them In res/drawable-xxhdpi
    8) Replace The Pictures In drawable-xhdpi Folder If You Got 720 x 1280 Screen Resolution & drawable-hdpi For 480 x 854 While drawable-mdpi For 320 x 480
    9) Recompile The APK & Replace It In System/App & Set Permissions To RW-R-R
    10) Done! :D

Reply To This Thread If You Have Any Questions Or Problems Relating To This Guide....

Please Hit
    2e6el90.png
    Button If You Appreciated / If You Like It
    Is that so? Can't seems to find the pngs in the res folder :rolleyes:

Sorry,it's in the framework-res.apk

You just need to replace the 2 images with fully transparent background,just replace them using 7zip,don't need to decompile.

IMG_20140520_135517.jpg