Whats the best Battery saver app, JuiceDefender?

Search This thread

mattfox27

Nov 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.mkxtech.com
Whats a good app for the Razr for battery saving? I've always heard Juice Defender but i have never used any of them. Do any of them have the ability to disable 4G LTE from verizon.

Also is there any good 3g/4g toggle widgets other than the one on the market that just opens up settings? Is there like a macro widget you can make to switch that back and forth with one widget click?

Spectral1991

Dec 6, 2009
Juice Defender is good, although I think the free version isn't that great. Paid for JD Ultimate, totally worth it. And regarding your widget, you could try Elixir. I think there's a widget there, but I'm not sure. My country doesn't have 4G.

xnostra

Oct 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Whats a good app for the Razr for battery saving? I've always heard Juice Defender but i have never used any of them. Do any of them have the ability to disable 4G LTE from verizon.

Also is there any good 3g/4g toggle widgets other than the one on the market that just opens up settings? Is there like a macro widget you can make to switch that back and forth with one widget click?

i use juice defender ultimate its worth it.

SallyC

Dec 1, 2011
Notification Toggle for a wifi, data and BT toggle in your notification bar,. Plus you can add other apps like a flashlight if you want. Great app.

Juice Defender Ultimate is well worth the small price. Even if you think you don't need all the options, you'll probably "grow into" them.

Reactions: geekaren

nerotNS

Nov 8, 2011
Juice defender ultimate.

Sent from my LG-P350 using XDA premium
http://www.danasoft.com/ sig/****yeah287168.jpg

mattfox27

Nov 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.mkxtech.com
So i purchased juice defender ultimate and now i have 2 icons JD Free and Ult but the free icon doesn't work, i understand both programs are needed to function but shouldn't the free version icon go away? If you press it, it says program not available...no big deal just weird.

I heard you can use JD with root access for more options, where do you enable root access?

xnostra

Oct 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So i purchased juice defender ultimate and now i have 2 icons JD Free and Ult but the free icon doesn't work, i understand both programs are needed to function but shouldn't the free version icon go away? If you press it, it says program not available...no big deal just weird.

I heard you can use JD with root access for more options, where do you enable root access?

if your mobile is already rooted just choose the extreme option and it should give you tons of option that will take your time to think and choose the things you wanted

GunnerFan

Feb 1, 2012
I'm sure it's just like Titanium free and pro. You download the free app and when you pay for it you are buying a key which unlocks the pro features in the free application.

That's why, normally, you'll be told to download the free one first.

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
Uses battery saver application actually increase your battery life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

dlmalone81201

Dec 26, 2011
Littleton
You can turn off 4G in you settings. Go to menu, settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, network mode, then pick CDMA only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

stolirocks

Aug 4, 2010
The best battery saver app is between your ears

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

BytecodeMe

Apr 6, 2012
San Diego
Speaking of juicedefender does the AOSP helper install go correctly? I've been waiting for an opportunity ask this but didn't want to make a new thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

assassin34

Dec 26, 2011
I use battery saver Pro which has CPU control option which automatically controls CPU speeds thus reducing Battery consumption :D

BytecodeMe

Apr 6, 2012
San Diego
JuiceDefender Ultimate has that and it's been working really well. Haven't had any casual performance decrease at a clock speed of 800Mhz.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

aety9

Mar 1, 2011
Orion Nebula 5
AOSP Helper

Had Juice Defender Ultimate since my Evo 4G Days. Love it. At minimum, i get x2.5 times battery life vs. normal. With normal to heavy usage.

I did just recently install the Beta and AOSP Helper and it works flawlessly on the Droid Razr (XT912). Running network mode switching and a whole bunch of other features. Just awaiting new results :D

(PS. I'm running the ICS Leak for the RAZR if that matters)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually the smart actions battery saver does almost the exact same thing as jd ultimate. I've used both and I prefer the smart actions because it turns your data back on alot faster. Atleast it does on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Notification Toggle for a wifi, data and BT toggle in your notification bar,. Plus you can add other apps like a flashlight if you want. Great app.

Juice Defender Ultimate is well worth the small price. Even if you think you don't need all the options, you'll probably "grow into" them.
    I just use the smart actions Motorola app... it works great!
    I never used an apk for saving battery. I just use the smart actions that is on my phone. It works great. Really no need to buy an apk if one comes on the phone free. I do know if you do use JD, make sure you freeze or disable Smart Actions. Making sure nothing get conflicted with them.
    Thank you.
    I think you should let Android do the battery management...