(NEED TESTER) Keep Wifi Alive [Test 2] - Updated the idea

Search This thread

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
Hi guys,
The idea just come out from my mind, so I need some tester for this app, if it works fine I'll open source for everyone. I'm not sure this will work ok, so I still need to test more to develop this app, please kindly leave your comments below.

Don't have much to say, please download it from here:
Steps:
  1. Sideload the app to your phone
  2. Turn your phone's WIFI on
  3. Run the app, click the button
  4. Test and give me feedback :)
What can stop this app from working?
  • Battery Saver (may be, not sure)
  • Playing music/video from Zune
  • Pause the current playing file (read the idea below to understand)
  • What else? You tell me
Requirements: device with developer unlock to sideload is enough

Update 09-July-2012: Lots of bugs is confirmed and has been added to the TODO list

Idea for this app:
Ok, for all of you who interested in this app, I give you the idea.
Basically, if you use a lot radio and music apps, you can notice that if you stream the music online using WIFI, it will keep the WIFI alive even you lock the screen, you can try by turning off the data connection then use WIFI only.
From this idea, I write an app with Background Audio that try to stream the music from the mp3 file (from somewhere in the internet) over WIFI, the mp3 can be "blank" (no sound) and repeat playing the file
The important thing is, if you pause the streaming, after a few minutes (i don't know exactly), the OS will "kill" the Background Audio task, then it will turn off the WIFI again.

Cheers,
winphoneviet.com

Attachments

• KeepWifiAlive_test2.xap
    34.8 KB · Views: 4,763
Last edited:

Budniu

Sep 21, 2008
Warsaw
encyklopediawindowsphone.pl
Good work

O man, good job. HTC Titan with Eburon v 1 full unlock ROM work fine. THX (+)
I think, if you could add to app on/off option without restart phone and make an application to be installed in settings.
EDIT
Sorry, now (if I unplug device from AC power) WiFi not running on lockscreen.

Last edited:

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
I just did HR and flash new Lumiatrix ROM and seems is working :)
Sorry for confusing you before.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Also L800 keeping wifi on :)

freddx

Jul 25, 2010
doesn´t work on my LG Optimus 7 rooted with WP7 root tools running the newest mango build. I hope you can fix it, because I want that feature. Thanks for your (maybe hard) work!

uncled1023

Mar 2, 2009
www.teknik.io
Was running for a bit it seemed but then turns out it didnt.

AT&T HTC Titan running Dynamics7 Rom

EDIT: After checking, it seemed that Root was allowed for the app, so i enabled it, and will be giving it a test tomorrow.

Last edited:

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
What mechanism does this app use to keep wifi alive while the screen is locked?

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
Same effect you can achieve switching on online radio and switch off while after. Even closing radio Wifi is still active during locked screen

vova1609

I think, if you could add to app on/off option without restart phone and make an application to be installed in settings.
EDIT

I have added it to settings. if you like my work, hit thanks button.

Download

Last edited:
Reactions: mobl

Budniu

Sep 21, 2008
Warsaw
encyklopediawindowsphone.pl
I waiting for this.:good:
Testing ...
EDIT
Test2 version app on HTC Titan with full unlock ROM Eduron v.1 build 8779 still not work. When run lock screen WiFi connection is dropped. :crying:
But now I check that on free WiFi hotspot, I try that at home.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    The idea just come out from my mind, so I need some tester for this app, if it works fine I'll open source for everyone. I'm not sure this will work ok, so I still need to test more to develop this app, please kindly leave your comments below.

Don't have much to say, please download it from here:
    Steps:
    1. Sideload the app to your phone
    2. Turn your phone's WIFI on
    3. Run the app, click the button
    4. Test and give me feedback :)
    What can stop this app from working?
    • Battery Saver (may be, not sure)
    • Playing music/video from Zune
    • Pause the current playing file (read the idea below to understand)
    • What else? You tell me
    Requirements: device with developer unlock to sideload is enough

Update 09-July-2012: Lots of bugs is confirmed and has been added to the TODO list

Idea for this app:
    Ok, for all of you who interested in this app, I give you the idea.
    Basically, if you use a lot radio and music apps, you can notice that if you stream the music online using WIFI, it will keep the WIFI alive even you lock the screen, you can try by turning off the data connection then use WIFI only.
    From this idea, I write an app with Background Audio that try to stream the music from the mp3 file (from somewhere in the internet) over WIFI, the mp3 can be "blank" (no sound) and repeat playing the file
    The important thing is, if you pause the streaming, after a few minutes (i don't know exactly), the OS will "kill" the Background Audio task, then it will turn off the WIFI again.

Cheers,
    winphoneviet.com
    Does not work on L710 running Rainbow 1.3
    Thanks all, I know it's still buggy, i'll try my best to fix it ASAP:fingers-crossed:
    EDIT

I have added it to settings. if you like my work, hit thanks button.

Download
    updating is on the way, please be patient