[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Was wondering am I just not seeing it or is the Marketplace left out of The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5 2012 - Build 23540 - FUZE Edition I went through all the folders and don't see it. I am going to look for a .cab.
oops . . . my bad. You can download the Marketplace bootstrap/installer directly from here: Marketplace.cab

NOTE: This will be updated in this weekend's round of ROMs (more info on that below)
Yes. It's very strange. I can have the phone unplugged from the charger (and left on) for hours, and the battery meter still shows 99%. I use it for a few minutes (no heavy use), and it seems to drain extremely fast - 30% in a few minutes. No problem with your 23518 build, but all new builds since then have this issue. TBattery even believes the battery was fully charged. It's like the OS can't read the battery information correctly.

Which OEM package are you using? I wonder if MS changed the OEM interface?
I haven't changed anything on the OEM side. Maybe using Da_G's new 23541 rollup will make everything better . . . (more on that below)

Unfortunately my TP froze up again, no matter I was using the latest 21892 build. So there's a problem somewhere, even though it's much less frequent.

Concerning battery drain, I still opt for bad meter calibration. That's what I accidentaly found today: on the same device on Captain's ROM the meter showed 100%, after reflash to Cracing's it was about 60%, and after flashing back to Captain's it was again 100% full, without charging anytime.
This battery thing is way weird. That's one of the reasons I'm going to re-cook all the ROMs.

To follow up on my own power issues...
I flashed back to stock and then back to the current 23540 Fuze build. Pocket Player continues to stop playing 30 seconds after the screen shuts off, but only when it's not plugged in.

Battery life is still not great, even after changing to the 1.13.25.55.

What I've noticed is that it'll kinda freeze up on me and I'll do a SR only to find that the battery dropped by 10% in the time it took to reboot.

I like your rom's so much though that I just put up with it!
I appreciate that, but I don't want you to have all these issues with my ROM, so I'm going to re-cook all of them using the latest resources and see if it makes things better. If not, I guess I can always go back to 23518/21889 :rolleyes:.

This is a really good rom thanks you, but I have a problem, I installed show program tab to enable program tab , I did a soft reset but when I go to home screen tab I can find it in the list .

Ps: I've also checked my registry and it is like on your post
I don't know which ROM you're using. If it's one of the Sense 2.5 ROMs, no amount of CAB-installing will get you the Programs tab (unless you install the mod specifically made to add it). Having a complete signature with your device & ROM details is very helpful when troubleshooting issues.

Never happened to me before but I'd say thats worth a try.

Do you mean an HTC stock ROM, or the one from my phone carrier?
Shouldn't matter. But keep in mind that a stock ROM will also flash a Radio to your device, so you may want to use a stock ROM with the radio you want (if applicable).

@all
Because of all the battery issues, my forgetting Marketplace, the SIM Contacts being broken, and the occurrences of "sleep of death" (SOD) & random hard reset issues, I will be re-cooking all of the ROMs using the lastest resources (23541, 21893). These resources came from reliable sources, and *should* be much better builds (I hope). I will be working on these builds over the weekend (starting tonight). I hope that it fixes all the outstanding issues, and you can continue to enjoy your ROM experience :).

Last edited:

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
@all
Because of all the battery issues, my forgetting Marketplace, the SIM Contacts being broken, and the occurrences of "sleep of death" (SOD) & random hard reset issues, I will be re-cooking all of the ROMs using the lastest resources (23541, 21893). These resources came from reliable sources, and *should* be much better builds (I hope). I will be working on these builds over the weekend (starting tonight). I hope that it fixes all the outstanding issues, and you can continue to enjoy your ROM experience :).

Thanks for all your hard work! I am going to be disappointed when the day comes that you replace your Fuze with another device... I may have to buy the same phone you upgrade to (when you upgrade) so I can keep using your ROMs...

webbahboy

Jan 27, 2009
Thanks for all your hard work! I am going to be disappointed when the day comes that you replace your Fuze with another device... I may have to buy the same phone you upgrade to (when you upgrade) so I can keep using your ROMs...

Ditto all of that!
I am amazed at how thoroughly you respond to queries, and I find your ROMs to be spot on for what I am looking for.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Sense 2.5 COM5 Fuze ROM update

Just in case you were wondering why that's always the first one done, it's because that's the one I actually use ;):

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5.2012 - Build 23541 - FUZE Edition

EDIT: The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5.2012 - Build 23541 - Touch Pro Edition

EDIT 2: The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5.2012 - Build 21893 - Touch Pro Edition

EDIT 3: 21893 FUZE Build is also up.

Change Log:
  • Builds updated to 23541/21893
  • SIM Contacts issue resolved
  • Marketplace included
  • Document Browser tab updated to latest version from T-Mo Leo 2.10 Ship ROM
Since this one's more of a bug-fix type release, I didn't really update much. Hopefully, this will be more stable.

Last edited:

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
No MSN Messenger

Just installed 0226 2.5 Sense on my girlfriend's Raphael. I think she will be pleased. Do have a question though. I can't install any of the 10.6 Messenger CAB's. Should I try 10.7 or did you disable MSN Messenger for some reason? I could try Palringo but that won't work for her. She's used to MSN and will ask me to flash back. Which I don't want to :cool:. So can you help me out with a MSN Messenger CAB? 10.7 is way too instable. connection problems are getting the best of me which is why I have only tried 10.6...

I know I can get it from the Market Place, but I explained why I don't want to. Just hope it can be avoided ;)

Went to Marketplace to supposedly install MSN 11.0. After installation is still reads 10.7.0060..... pffff

Edit:

After entering her usercredentials and pressing next the phone freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now, using Marketplace. I can't get passed step 2 :(
Tried the same on my Rhodium, works just fine on that one. Well as far as installing goes that is. No one else having troubles getting connected with MSN?

Last edited:

superpc

Jul 31, 2008
anyone notices too that service.exe is taking 5-10% cpu usage constantly in 235xx build? My battery life has been fine thou.

xncinx

Apr 25, 2009
whats the different between 23541, 23518, 21893, 21889?
sorry im newbie about this
sorry for my bad english :D

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Just installed 0226 2.5 Sense on my girlfriend's Raphael. I think she will be pleased. Do have a question though. I can't install any of the 10.6 Messenger CAB's. Should I try 10.7 or did you disable MSN Messenger for some reason? I could try Palringo but that won't work for her. She's used to MSN and will ask me to flash back. Which I don't want to :cool:. So can you help me out with a MSN Messenger CAB? 10.7 is way too instable. connection problems are getting the best of me which is why I have only tried 10.6...

I know I can get it from the Market Place, but I explained why I don't want to. Just hope it can be avoided ;)

Went to Marketplace to supposedly install MSN 11.0. After installation is still reads 10.7.0060..... pffff

Edit:

After entering her usercredentials and pressing next the phone freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now, using Marketplace. I can't get passed step 2 :(
Tried the same on my Rhodium, works just fine on that one. Well as far as installing goes that is. No one else having troubles getting connected with MSN?

I think MSN Messenger is included in Microsoft Live. Try uninstalling, then reinstall either of the above. Then before you try to sign in, reboot immediately after the reinstall, then type in your credentials. I had issues with Live in the past and that worked.

Also you can Hard Reset and install Live or Messenger 1st, soft reset and then sign in.

Good luck.:)

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
I give up

I gave up... Re-flashed and installed 10.7 via Marketplace. this time I was able to sign-on. Just hope they release v11 pretty soon.

BTW using Comm Manager I am unable to switch to GSM mode. When I looked at te phone settings it was set to manual network. I changed it to automatic and after that the 3G on/off button worked again.

farzadreza

Feb 27, 2010
hi....

captain and every body else...

thanks for your tough and great job :4:

i had some silly questions captain!(and again every body else who knows answers!)

:4:
what is the difference between tp edition and fuze edition????

let me tell what i want ...sorry but it may be better for understanding!

i want a captain rom which in it i can install my own cabs...
...which already has the latest sense and graphic ...and the one with best user interface...

installing my own cabs is really important to me...

the last issue for me is that i am living in iran...can i use this? i saw the WWE name ...and i thought i can...
and this is the first time i want to do things like rom developing! sorry for silly questions and importantly bad english!!!

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
hi....

captain and every body else...

thanks for your tough and great job :4:

i had some silly questions captain!(and again every body else who knows answers!)

:4:
what is the difference between tp edition and fuze edition????

let me tell what i want ...sorry but it may be better for understanding!

i want a captain rom which in it i can install my own cabs...
...which already has the latest sense and graphic ...and the one with best user interface...

installing my own cabs is really important to me...

the last issue for me is that i am living in iran...can i use this? i saw the WWE name ...and i thought i can...
and this is the first time i want to do things like rom developing! sorry for silly questions and importantly bad english!!!

Couple answers to help you out

The TP/Fuze editions refer to what device you install it on. Either Touch Pro or Fuze.

All of Caps ROms are the latest versions he has made and all run great. As for interface it would be your personal preference between Sense 2.1 or 2.5, and all the ROMs allow you to install your cabs.

As for location I would say you can use it as long as WWE language works for you

farzadreza

Feb 27, 2010
Couple answers to help you out

The TP/Fuze editions refer to what device you install it on. Either Touch Pro or Fuze.

All of Caps ROms are the latest versions he has made and all run great. As for interface it would be your personal preference between Sense 2.1 or 2.5, and all the ROMs allow you to install your cabs.

As for location I would say you can use it as long as WWE language works for you

thanks so much for reacting such soon!!:D:D:D

i didnt understand again...what is the difference between tp and fuze?! :eek::eek::eek:

i have a htc touch pro....and i think all of touch pro devices are called raphael...
i searched in the net...both fuze and raphael..they were exactley same devices!:eek:

sorry for my nooobies!!!

goofeyass

Apr 23, 2007
USA

i didnt understand again...what is the difference between tp and fuze?! :eek::eek::eek:

i have a htc touch pro....and i think all of touch pro devices are called raphael...
i searched in the net...both fuze and raphael..they were exactley same devices!:eek:

sorry for my nooobies!!!

The Fuze doesn't have the front camera and the keyboard is different. I suggest using the TP version.

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ

sorry for my nooobies!!!

if you have a touch pro use the TP versions.
They are both covered as Rahael, bu there are differences such as CDMA vs. GSM and keyboard layouts

farzadreza

Feb 27, 2010
The Fuze doesn't have the front camera and the keyboard is different. I suggest using the TP version.

thanx :eek: and i think it will be the last post of these kind of questions!

is there any difference in appearance of these two type of ROMs?

should i wait for some update or should i download last versions?

i read some of posts and understood i should wait...i am wondering download it since 2 weeks ago!

thanx for all your kindness!! sorry for bad english!

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
thanx :eek: and i think it will be the last post of these kind of questions!

is there any difference in appearance of these two type of ROMs?

should i wait for some update or should i download last versions?

i read some of posts and understood i should wait...i am wondering download it since 2 weeks ago!

thanx for all your kindness!! sorry for bad english!

No need to wait the ROMS were just updated.
The ROMS all look similar, at the start of the thread is a post telling the differences between Sense 2.1 and 2.5.

farzadreza

Feb 27, 2010
No need to wait the ROMS were just updated.
The ROMS all look similar, at the start of the thread is a post telling the differences between Sense 2.1 and 2.5.

yes:D i read them and check them every day or check the captain,s signature!

you,ve got me wrong!

i mean difference between tp sense 2.5 and fuze sense 2.5 ...:confused:

it seems my questions are not finishable!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hope you guys good moods!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.