[APP] Headset volume

Search This thread

t0ol

May 13, 2010
Here`s a little app ive made that lets you control the music volume with the default wired headset.
Long press PREV to make it louder, long press NEXT to lower volume.

Made for stock android music player. Tested on nexus with froyo. Confirmed working on CyanogenMods.

Comments welcome.

updates:
moving to market
16.06.10: Fixed incompatibility with some froyo roms.
15.06.10: continuous volume changing
SENSE ui player supported (at least on hero :p)

chart

Last edited:

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Here`s a little app ive made that lets you control the music volume with the default wired headset. Long press NEXT to make it louder, long press PREV to lower volume.

Made for stock android music player.. shouldnt work with sense player (but it may, i donno..).
Tested on nexus with froyo.

comments welcome.

This should be in spareparts!

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Is it possible that the app makes louder and quiter possible, but deactivatethe skip functions

disgustip8ted

Mar 2, 2010
im suprised this little thing hasnt gotten more replies than it has. This is really really cool and quite useful. im using on CM5.0.7 and havent had any problems so far.

it would be cool if when you press and continued to hold it continually would step the volume up or down, the way it seems to work now is press and hold increments volume one step, press and hold again it increments again.

t0ol

May 13, 2010
im suprised this little thing hasnt gotten more replies than it has. This is really really cool and quite useful. im using on CM5.0.7 and havent had any problems so far.

it would be cool if when you press and continued to hold it continually would step the volume up or down, the way it seems to work now is press and hold increments volume one step, press and hold again it increments again.

Ty =) yes right now it works the way u described. I'll try to change it tomorrow.

realcos

Mar 19, 2010
Ty =) yes right now it works the way u described. I'll try to change it tomorrow.

Very Cool. I tried this on the 3D player without stock player installed. And the above suggestion is also what I want to say.

Great Job! Many thanks!
Hope to have the update version soon!

gillebob

Oct 11, 2007
Great work, its kinda working on my htc desire but releasing the buttons still activates next or previous track. Still impressive work though.

t0ol

May 13, 2010
Great work, its kinda working on my htc desire but releasing the buttons still activates next or previous track. Still impressive work though.

hm strange it actually shouldnt do anything besides volume changing on sense..
ill try to work it out with the sense player... got a Hero at home :p Will do testing if time permits..

As of now u can try the included file and c if it works (not tested..)

Last edited:

Break Action

Jan 18, 2010
If it possible can you revert buttons, because now Upper button (prev) is makes quieter and Bottom button (next) - louder.