Mugen 4000 mAh for rezound

Search This thread

maxearing

May 11, 2011
i cant wait to see the size of this battery. i cant see the rezound getting any bigger then regular extended battery

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
I thought third party versions weren't great since they stop holding their full charge anywhere from a month to a few short months

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I thought third party versions weren't great since they stop holding their full charge anywhere from a month to a few short months

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!

True, and some exaggerate their mah ratings. but even if the 4k mah battery is off in rating by 300 mah and loses some of it's charge after a few months, it still has a ton of juice.

I'm just using those numbers as an example. I don't use third party batteries, but not all are bad. I've had some good luck with Chinese AW batteries for other applications besides cell phones.

tjarvis

Aug 28, 2010
Raleigh
The mugen I had for my d2 was awesome, I never notice the life get shorter as time passed. Sure it was a tumor, but being able to stream pandora for 10hrs fishing (drinking) on the lake in a John boat was well worth it.

Sent from my Rezound

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Florida
Well, my Mugen Power "1900" mAh (and I use that number skeptically) slim extended battery arrived and I've had a chance to run a comparative test on it. Charged it fully and used the phone till battery was low. Fully recharged it and then ran Netflix on 4g with full screen brightness. I did continuous streaming until the phone died. It lasted about 1 hr and 35 min.

I then ran the exact same test on the OEM 1640 mAh battery. I ran Netflix on 4g with max screen brightness. It lasted over 2 hours before the phone died.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
Well, my Mugen Power "1900" mAh (and I use that number skeptically) slim extended battery arrived and I've had a chance to run a comparative test on it. Charged it fully and used the phone till battery was low. Fully recharged it and then ran Netflix on 4g with full screen brightness. I did continuous streaming until the phone died. It lasted about 1 hr and 35 min.

I then ran the exact same test on the OEM 1640 mAh battery. I ran Netflix on 4g with max screen brightness. It lasted over 2 hours before the phone died.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, using Tapatalk.

Same for me with the only Mugen battery I've tried in the past. It wasn't just mugen though, I have also tried an Innocell, and it was good for about a month.

Thats why I stopped using aftermarket. I haven't had any trouble with OEM batteries from Moto, Samsung, or HTC.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Florida
I'm saying that my brand new Mugen Power 1900 mAh battery just got pwned by the standard OEM battery right out of the gate.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

tjarvis

Aug 28, 2010
Raleigh
I'm saying that my brand new Mugen Power 1900 mAh battery just got pwned by the standard OEM battery right out of the gate.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

You guys are making me second guess my order man. I had good luck with both mugen innocell between the d1, d2 and Eris, I loved not needing a charger nearby for all three and they performed admirably.

Sent from my Rezound

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
You guys are making me second guess my order man. I had good luck with both mugen innocell between the d1, d2 and Eris, I loved not needing a charger nearby for all three and they performed admirably.

Sent from my Rezound

Who knows? Maybe we just got unlucky with the ones we have tried. Perhaps their manufacturing process isn't great and they spit out a large percentage of sub par batteries. You may get the best battery that ever rolled off of the production line. Some people get bad Rezounds and some people get perfect Rezounds. I'm sure its the same for other electronic production. I've seen enough people praising and hating Mugen batteries to come to a somewhat reasonable conclusion, that they can't all be bad.

I hope it's everything you expect and more.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Florida
Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337166067622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337166067622.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 388
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337166112205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337166112205.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 404
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337166156310.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337166156310.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 393
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337166171348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337166171348.jpg