HTC Evo 4G LTE bootloader "tampered" and "unlocked"?

Search This thread

bogarty

Mar 16, 2011
Hello! Just a quick question. I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE and my bootloader says both "tampered" and "unlocked". Do I have to fix it so that it just says "unlocked" or can I still install a new Android rom regardless? Thank you!

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Hello! Just a quick question. I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE and my bootloader says both "tampered" and "unlocked". Do I have to fix it so that it just says "unlocked" or can I still install a new Android rom regardless? Thank you!

You can install a different rom as long as you still have a custom recovery installed. It says tampered because someone previously flashed a custom recovery to it, unlocked pretty much explains itself. So you are good to go, just make sure you choose a rom that is compatible with your device. Happy flashing! ;)

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: bogarty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can install a different rom as long as you still have a custom recovery installed. It says tampered because someone previously flashed a custom recovery to it, unlocked pretty much explains itself. So you are good to go, just make sure you choose a rom that is compatible with your device. Happy flashing! ;)

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app