[WANTED] Devs and Testers for a rom port project ICS CM9 source

Search This thread

R3D X

Jun 10, 2010
NJ
Actually, I really want to help development.
But I totally lack experience of porting ROMs.

My Background:
Using Glide with Custom ROM
A Programmer, Web, Java, C++ and Android, very little C
A Linux User, know how to edit shell script
tried many times to sync and compiled AOSP code, but still don't have any ideas to MOD.

thanks your in

I'm in.
rooted and cwm'ed cappy: yarr. machine to build the stuff: yarr.
my github username is "evgeni"

btw, I tried the TeamGalaxyR ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1548775) on my glide, it boots, but the screen doesnt work. adb shell works fine, though

Did you change hardware files? If not we'll try that. THis may be easier than I thought :3

navykid0211

Sep 18, 2011
Im about to acquire a glide am I totally excited about having cm9 on it!! If dman is helping im sure it'll be awesome!!

Swiftkey'd from my OG Atrix 4G

Zhenech

Dec 6, 2011
Last edited:

Zhenech

Dec 6, 2011
AOSP with aradat's kernel, yes screen worked. but not with the original kernel in the GalaxyR ROM.

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
:p that's why we're doing this thread. Since captivate glide has way more than enough to run ics we're going straight to it... At least that's what I've heard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

joshua_tam

Dec 9, 2009
:p that's why we're doing this thread. Since captivate glide has way more than enough to run ics we're going straight to it... At least that's what I've heard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

Agreed, as the original GB ROM is enough for daily use.
I think it is no need to waste our time to make an AOSP GB version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA

LagunaCid

Mar 9, 2011
If Galaxy R's ROMs are kind of working, would Atrix ROMs also work, since it's also a Tegra 2 device?

EDIT: Realized Atrix's resolution is different. LG2X maybe?

Last edited:

Zhenech

Dec 6, 2011
Well, in my head it seems easier to build an AOSP GB using stuff from sammy and then switch to ICS, knowing our base is a working AOSP.

Also, we currently dont have an ICS kernel :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have something ready for testing in a couple days.. I do have cm9 and 10 booted up, but still in alpha phase. Just hang tight y'all, I have bout 10 projects going on at the same time...lol..:D

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
    I didn't forget about y'all. I'm working on this hot n heavy.. bare with me..

Dman, as we now that there is still problems with the ICS leak, isnt it wise to wait for the source to be release from Samsung when at&t will OTA the ICS officially?

This is not a "leak" I'm working with. Its pure aosp.. the only thing I'm using are proprietary files and the boot. The problems with the leak will not exist in aosp cm9, 10, or aokp

And here it is.. the ICS kernel source.. THIS IS NOT JELLYBEAN COMPATIBLE YET!

i927 ICS kernel source
    Now that i have the device. As soon as i get inception updated, ill have ics on here in a week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium