FM Tuner G2 discussion. Is it possible to activate?

Search This thread

AJNpa80

Jan 3, 2014
One of the main selling points of the G2 was the FM Tuner which I saw several references to in my research on various spec and unboxing sites (will try to add links). I was dimayed to find it removed on my carrier and had seen conflicting info about its history after purchase. I had stopped thinking about it until today when a service discovery program listed a non-started s3ervice called: .com.broadcom.fm.fmreciever.Fmservice
This renewed my hope that it could be reenabled through software, that it might be built into the radio module. I'm aware carriers use different radio bands but when comparing specs I saw no indication they used a different module, just turned on some bands. I know the images and reviews I saw may have been from a global or dev version or an early showoff release, but I was hoping this thread could help to sort this out. I will try to update with links when I know I won't lose what I typed. I have searched through this forum and threads and found nothing specific on this topic, I am pretty new here so thank you.

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Questions should be in Q and A... assuming it's a question.

Perhaps you could be more clear what you are asking for.

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
One of the main selling points of the G2 was the FM Tuner which I saw several references to in my research on various spec and unboxing sites (will try to add links). I was dimayed to find it removed on my carrier and had seen conflicting info about its history after purchase. I had stopped thinking about it until today when a service discovery program listed a non-started s3ervice called: .com.broadcom.fm.fmreciever.Fmservice
This renewed my hope that it could be reenabled through software, that it might be built into the radio module. I'm aware carriers use different radio bands but when comparing specs I saw no indication they used a different module, just turned on some bands. I know the images and reviews I saw may have been from a global or dev version or an early showoff release, but I was hoping this thread could help to sort this out. I will try to update with links when I know I won't lose what I typed. I have searched through this forum and threads and found nothing specific on this topic, I am pretty new here so thank you.

Frist their are many threads on this and questions dont belong here.
Reported

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium