Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
It won't work in custom recovery, guaranteed.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I have to say, as tempting as it would be to flash to stock 4.3 to take this update, I'm already on 4.3 bootloader and if this is knoxed and prevents me from going back to 4.3, it's definitely not worth trying to flash until the guys make it safe to do so. ;)

Edit: I'm sure someone has already tried so let know how it goes.

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Be careful here guys. If you read XDA I'd say there is a 90% chance that you DON'T want to flash this one or accept the OTA from Sprint. Wait for an update labeled "Root + deKnoxed" or similar.

Way to go CNexus for grabbing this so quick!

tpapa

Jul 18, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm on stock MK3 and not interested in root at this time.

Copy to SD card, rename to update.zip and reboot?

Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
While we wait, there are definitely Knox support files in the OTA.
Guess we'll hear eventually if the bootloader is Knoxed as well.

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
I'm on stock MK3 and not interested in root at this time.

Copy to SD card, rename to update.zip and reboot?

Copy to SD Card (needs to be an external SD card if I recall), rename to update.zip, power down, reboot to (stock) recovery, choose install update.zip. This will not work from a custom recovery only stock.

Keep in mind, if you don't like what you see, you will most likely not be able to return to MK3.

Plonko

Nov 13, 2007
WiFi Calling?

Can anyone who's installed ND8 confirm whether the update includes WiFi calling? Thanks in advance.

jrob214

Nov 19, 2007
Soft bricked during installation. just need to be pointed in the right direction to return to MK3 if possible. Im stuck on Samsung bootloader

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Can anyone who's installed ND8 confirm whether the update includes WiFi calling? Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure Sprint won't have Wi-Fi calling for awhile, it doesn't benefit them and their major pull is unlimited data. You can always use a Wi-Fi calling app like "WiCall" or "PHONE for Google Voice" or "GrooveIP"

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
    1) Be on stock, odexed, unmodified MK3 rom
    2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery, otherwise flash with stock recovery

Thanks bilgerryan for the filename
    Test 1, 4.4 rom doesn't boot. Faith not lost however as this happened back on 4.3...

Also a note...if you find any ND8 files of mine online, please do not link to them as they may or may not break your phone until I've thoroughly tested and posted links myself
    So if you decide to flash them...do so at your own risk :silly:
    Ok guys, tests have come back from the lab (haha) but it looks like if you want the ND8 rom to boot, you need the ND8 firmware, mainly the bootloader.

So until I can provide a flashable for the firmware, I'd suggest to flash the ND8 tar provided in the Android dev section.

I will be releasing the rom within the next day, followed by a deknoxed version (Knox apps removed) and a full ND8 firmware flashable.

Sucks, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Make sure after you flash the firmware to NEVER attempt to flash a stock tar < ND8, or flash firmware in any other form with version < ND8.

ND8 stock tar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

To get root back, simply ODIN flash a custom recovery after flashing the stock tar and then the recovery will install root the first time you boot into it.

:thumbup:
    I'll get a quick review video up soon to show it off. Anyone want to see anything in particular?
    Not too much of a huge difference. KK is a lot more smooth and better on RAM!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA mobile app