[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Search This thread

rover442

Mar 11, 2011
Pershoot,

Vulkano Player keeps freezing and I have to do a hard reboot. I tried your .36 and .38 on Vegan-Ginger. Not sure how over-clocked it is though. I used Set Cpu and custom. I was able to set it to 1400 and 216, but even though I was in cuctom, the reading was 1000 max.

Nonetheless, this was the first time the G ever froze up on me. I did a re-install of the ROM and same thing happened. Funny, it was playing fine for a few minutes. Then never again.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Pershoot,

Vulkano Player keeps freezing and I have to do a hard reboot. I tried your .36 and .38 on Vegan-Ginger. Not sure how over-clocked it is though. I used Set Cpu and custom. I was able to set it to 1400 and 216, but even though I was in cuctom, the reading was 1000 max.

Nonetheless, this was the first time the G ever froze up on me. I did a re-install of the ROM and same thing happened. Funny, it was playing fine for a few minutes. Then never again.

ok pm me. i may be able to accomodate your device.

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
you had a bad flash.

nothing which would prevent you from booting was in the refresh.

try again.

for a full sweep, clear dalvik (from wipe menu), reflash rom and then reflash the last kernel which was not oc'd. reboot.

boot in, reboot back to recovery, flash the latest oc kernel, reboot.

i see your using calkulin. please do not reflash with the oc combo of that rom (if you were attempting to use that prior). keep things clean and use the stock (non oc) rom that was given by him and/or clem.

Flashed back to a nandroid and reflashed ok. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
rover442,isira:
unfortunately, your cpu either won't scale much past 1GHZ and/or needs a lot more voltage to get there.

Please keep your max at 1000 (you can even uninstall setcpu if you like). You can still reap the benefits of the UV and the kernel itself.

ehudokai:
your request has been filled.

joshin:

Reactions: joshin and ehudokai

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
gtab/zpad/zpad(new bl) - 2.6.32.38 - refreshed - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog

I came from vegan tab 5.11 beta with supplement and cleared the cache and flashed your kernel you released on Friday. Everything worked fine. I cleared the cache and tried to reflash your new kernel, but when it restarted it killed my Wi-Fi. WiFi checkbox was unchecked and greyed out. WiFi status was error.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I came from vegan tab 5.11 beta with supplement and cleared the cache and flashed your kernel you released on Friday. Everything worked fine. I cleared the cache and tried to reflash your new kernel, but when it restarted it killed by Wi-Fi. WiFi checkbox was unchecked and greyed out. WiFi status was error.

the wifi module did not get copied in to place by the flashing process properly (corrupt, etc.).

pull it from the .zip and push it to your system.

your wifi will work fine after that.

Reactions: TEK112

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
Is there a defined switching time for clk/vdd? What gets there first in the event of a clock speed change? Desired voltage or desired clock? Is it upclock/downclock dependent? You may remember me mentioning something similar that exists (upclock/downclock independent) for dz/g2 board-power src.

Since this implementation is a manipulation of a daemon/driver that controls clock speeds, I'm guessing that vdd/clk logic is already in place - in a good way. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of that. It would be nice to have some control, having the vdd be set (reached) further ahead of the clock on an upclock event could help with stability issues.

hitekredneck

Aug 7, 2009
My Grass Is Blue
Refreshed with the new flavor this morning and am loving it. Min and max set at 14000 in SetCPU and after 6 passes in Quadrant standard I scored a 3004. Not too shabby at all!

Just be sure to drop min value back to 216 in SetCPU after testing.

Sent from my GTablet running CM7

hitekredneck

Aug 7, 2009
My Grass Is Blue
Trying to isolate the cause of a weird problem. For some reason, I'm unable to access www.ebates.com on me GTab. Can others using this kernel access it?

Just clicked on your ebates link with mine and it loaded right up in stock browser.
Sounds like you've got something else blocking it, are you running droidwall or anything else that may be preventing it from loading?

Sent from my GTablet running CM7

ehudokai

Feb 11, 2009
ehudokai:

Thank you sir!

Loaded the module successfully. I am still having some trouble mounting the disk, but I'm almost certain that doesn't have anything to do with the kernel. I'll report back once successful in case anyone else is trying to do this.

Thanks again!

EDIT: IT IS NOW WORKING :D

I took a look at this earlier post about ntfs issues, and saw something about utf8. And when I checked the dmesg after trying to mount the hfsplus drive it said something about utf8. So, I modprobed the nls_utf8 module, and mounted successfully, and read a file(mp3) off the hfsplus drive. YIPEE. So for those who may see this later here are the steps.

1. Obviously get the latest pershoot kernel, and lib###*.tar.gz files and flash them. ( I found it easiest to remount my /system/ dir and just tar -xvzf /sdcard/download/lib*.tar.gz, but that assumes theres only one lib file in my download folder)
  2. modprobe hfsplus (this requires busybox, I'm using VEGAn-tab and it just worked for me)
  3. modprobe nls_utf8 (this was the step I was missing before)
  4. mount -t hfsplus /dev/block/sda1 /path/to/mountpoint
I'm going to create a gscript to mount and unmount my drive... Hope this helps!

Last edited:

pitmanr2003

Nov 8, 2009
I'm running vegan Ginger edition newest version but every time I flash oc kernel my wifi breaks and I can't get it to work. Just says error where I turn it on at

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
the wifi module did not get copied in to place by the flashing process properly (corrupt, etc.).

pull it from the .zip and push it to your system.

your wifi will work fine after that.

I'm running vegan Ginger edition newest version but every time I flash oc kernel my wifi breaks and I can't get it to work. Just says error where I turn it on at

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Straight from the man himself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
    -merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
    -add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
    -DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
    -ondemand governor default
    -tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
    -cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
    -pull in a few changes from vision-2632
    -use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
    -add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
    -oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
    -reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
    gtab/zpad/t8 - 2.6.32.48 - refreshed
    gtab/zpad(old/new bl) - 2.6.32.42 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    so do we have overclocking yet?

not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).