[ROM][ODIN][KE3 & KF1] Official Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Captivate

Search This thread

OBatRFan

Feb 25, 2011
So for those that have flashed, does this basically have the same look and feel as i9000 GB?

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
So for those that have flashed, does this basically have the same look and feel as i9000 GB?

It has the same look and feel as STOCK except sideloading is now available. Same lockscreen, same live wallpapers, same touchwiz stock stuff.
I heard AT&T was supposed to change their policy on it.

I need a root file. Old root update no workie.

cmeyer3

Nov 22, 2008
What do I need to flash this,coming from Serendipity VII ? While I understand some will ask "why would I do that?" my question is how?

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
What do I need to flash this,coming from Serendipity VII ? While I understand some will ask "why would I do that?" my question is how?

Get into download
OPen the attached odin
put the pda in bootloader and pda field
put modem, pit and csc in their respective fields.
I selected update bootloader, but that may not be necessary.

Wait for the reboot and voila

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
Hold backbutton till it vibrates + power button combo?

Should work on Samsung ROMs though. :p

I may suck, but that didn't work for me.

Guys >>> It looks just like stock. JK6. You get the annoying 3g flash screen on boot, followed by the Galaxy S pulsing logo, followed by jellyfish live wallpaper, touchwiz stock look and glass lockscreen

Well, this appears to have a bug. Some widgets I just installed don't show available from the widget screens

Last edited:

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
more obs >>>
SpeedTest shows same ol' 3G >>> No HSPA+

Tethering is available in the Wireless menu, but there it says you need an AT&T plan to use.

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
I gave up and now I'm going back to Mosaic.

The thing with the Widgets missing was too much for me to want to use it.
JK4 modem is still better than the KF1 modem. I showed no bars in my office at one point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to SamFirmware there are now TWO official Captivate Gingerbread 2.3.3 leaks.

I897UCKE3 - Build date of May 26, 2011

I897UCKF1 - Build date of June 8, 2011

password for both is samfirmware.com

Neither of these have been tested by me so I cannot confirm their stability or quality of build, but hey, official Captivate gingerbread. Means AT&T is going to push out an update to us for real at some point which means more goodies.

So here they are in all their (assumedly) bloaty goodness from AT&T.

EDIT: At least KF1 comes with new bootloaders. If they are anything like I suspect, they are Captivate equivalents of the gingerbread bootloaders for i9000.

EDIT 2: Make sure to use both the included ODIN 1.81 and the new S1JE4.pit file or else there seems to be a possibility of bricking (cannot confirm as I'm unable to test this on my way out the door to work).
    ok so I have the error "Firmware upgrade fail!" try using recover mode
    ive tried all ways to get into recovery as well as download mode.

Any input please?
    Do you have the new phone and computer screen ?
    If yes, that serves as download mode, odin again from there.
    I'll be making an odin-1-click when I get home. It will take a bit to upload it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

One-Clicker complete...testing now on my own phone to make sure it works.
    UCKF1 mediafire mirror, original file as in OP, same password

http://www.mediafire.com/?44yt4bs3y8h7i98
    I've mirrored both packages onto my rapidshare account. It's set though so there is no waiting. It's a direct link.

https://rapidshare.com/files/326881082/I897UCKE3.rar
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2800568770/I897UCKF1.rar

I don't think there is a speed cap either this way. Identical file to the op.