[TOOL] Upgrade HTC Gratia HBOOT for AlpharevX S-OFF

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After all this time, there is a solution for Gratia!

I whipped up this tool to upgrade the Gratia from hboot 1.00.000 to hboot 1.02.0000 so that it can be compatible with the AlpharevX S-OFF tool for Aria now in open beta.

This tool will create a goldcard for you if you just follow the prompts.

It should work reliably if your sdcard is clean (w/o any corruption from improper dismounts after write)

It is for WINDOWS only for now, so you will need Android USB drivers. You can install HTC sync, and then unintall it leaving the drivers, or you can get them here: http://www.multiupload.com/2OFYWZFCCR

This tool is menu driven; just unzip the archive and run upd-hboot.cmd as administrator to start it.

Any questions/problems, please ping me in the IRC channel in my sig.

If you have errors flashing the UPDATE in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some errors about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead - gold card is done anyway) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT or rebooting the phone.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ARIAS RUNNING ANYTHING BUT STOCK HTC SENSE 2.2. YOU WILL SOFTBRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU TRY FLASHING THIS OVER CM7, 2.1 or ANY CUSTOM ROM.

Note: It MAY bork wifi because the included kernel will not have a wifi driver. This can be fixed after flashing clockworkmod recovery with a custom rom, or by flashing a new kernel with a wifi driver. (see my FR008 thread or Gene Poole's 2.2.2 thread for kernels). First actual Gratia tested did not have this problem.

After you complete this, go to http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/ for AlplarevX for Aria for the next step, and happy modding!

DOWNLOAD:

dc8f7444abb1f02e438c673c6d8dc15c gratia-upd-hboot.zip
    First satisfied customer:

thanks to all the alpharev's team, cause alpharev still works on htc GRATIA

there's some step to do, but not so difficults:
    read http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1133446 attn1 post with assisted all this procedure...

on windows:
    1 ) download the package and upd-hboot.cmd as administrator
    2 ) step 1 for the reverse cid: make a goldcard (all the istruction is on txt that appear) and insert it in gcimg folder
    3) run step 2, the phone will reboot and start in fastboot
    4) DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE! If you have errors in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some error about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT
    5) then your phone has 1.02.0000 hboot, ready for alpharevX
    Take a step back and look at how nerdy this looks.

Really? If you don't care for nerdy, go hang out in general, or wherever other toaster operators hangout. These forums are for people who want to learn, and not just a place for the uninitiated to score "wares".
    Go to the alpharevx thread

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App
    Gratia successfully rooted

Hi all,

yesterday I S-offed and rooted my little Gratia without any problems. Thanks everyone who made this possible