[ROM] OnlyOne V1 - E971 - Stock, Rooted, Deodexed- 12/30

Search This thread

reflame

Aug 8, 2010
kifac would you happen to know if its possible that the e971 rom can be manipulated to use Bell's modem (LTE)?

L1qu1d

Jul 19, 2009
Toronto
Is it a new trend of creating threads in the Development section of a phone and not having a download yet or release to show for it?

Your work is greatly appreciated but unless the rom at least has a beta or alpha or prelease available for release, there is no point for this:p

Yours isn't as bad as the other, which is basically 1 month old thread with 0 downloads available:) I'm assuming the previous is a dead rom, is your still in the works?

again, please don't take this offensively, I'm sure we're all over eager to see SOME dev for this damn phone:p

kifac

Mar 27, 2012
Mississauga
Is it a new trend of creating threads in the Development section of a phone and not having a download yet or release to show for it?

Your work is greatly appreciated but unless the rom at least has a beta or alpha or prelease available for release, there is no point for this:p

Yours isn't as bad as the other, which is basically 1 month old thread with 0 downloads available:) I'm assuming the previous is a dead rom, is your still in the works?

again, please don't take this offensively, I'm sure we're all over eager to see SOME dev for this damn phone:p

Dev would happen for this device if only other users would put in some work and answer some simple questions. I get told to ask questions in the IRC for the LGOG and yet no one has a clue whats going on and have their own convos and games in the irc.
This isnt something new to me...i had a Note before this and man was that forum amazing with the level of help and dev. Quarter of a million thread views and over 20,000 downloads of my Rom. This device is just killing me without the help i need to get this booting up.
The ROM is done, it flashes but it keeps the device in a bootloop.
IV restored my device but everytime i unlock the bootloader it doesnt even get to the LG logo and is a black screen.
Iv put in countless hours and spent days trying to figure this out. Im willing to continue on this if i can get the help. If not, ill just be selling it and picking up a BB10 :p

Last edited:

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Dev would happen for this device if only other users would put in some work and answer some simple questions. I get told to ask questions in the IRC for the LGOG and yet no one has a clue whats going on and have their own convos and games in the irc.
This isnt something new to me...i had a Note before this and man was that forum amazing with the level of help and dev. Quarter of a million thread views and over 20,000 downloads of my Rom. This device is just killing me without the help i need to get this booting up.
IV restored my device but everytime i unlock the bootloader it doesnt even get to the LG logo and is a black screen.
Iv put in countless hours and spent days trying to figure this out. Im willing to continue on this if i can get the help. If not, ill just be selling it and picking up a BB10 :p

Just go to IRC and post in AT&T and PM those AT&T developers. They want to help you, but with me acting as the middleman, they will simply ignore me. Instead of talking in general on IRC to them, maybe you can try talking to a specific person?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Kifac, what happens when you use power + volume down when phone is shut off?
Do you get the emergency factory reset screen?

Weird how unlocking the bootloader is causing a black screen for you.
Are you plugged in to USB when it is rebooting?

L1qu1d

Jul 19, 2009
Toronto

I'm willing to help, I just need to know how.:)

jiexi

May 1, 2012
I can only imagine his frustration. Can't blame him. This place is a ghost town atm.

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
The fact that we have a working (and quite usable) version of CM10.1 for our phone without kernel sources is quite amazing in my opinion. We may not have a lot of developers working on our device but the ones that have been are quite dedicated. I'm not sure why anyone would want to stick with the stock LG install anyway as it is an old android version (4.0.4) and IMO CM10.1 is running much better than it already. I guess if you absolutely required NFC or capacitive buttons it would be an issue but those should both be available soon after kernel source is out.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
CM 10.1 runs because the E971 and E973 are the most similar to the N4.
I still rather a stock JB based rom as I like the LG UI.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
The fact that we have a working (and quite usable) version of CM10.1 for our phone without kernel sources is quite amazing in my opinion. We may not have a lot of developers working on our device but the ones that have been are quite dedicated. I'm not sure why anyone would want to stick with the stock LG install anyway as it is an old android version (4.0.4) and IMO CM10.1 is running much better than it already. I guess if you absolutely required NFC or capacitive buttons it would be an issue but those should both be available soon after kernel source is out.

CM 10.1 has a lot of things broken. Plus I believe it loses some of LG's software tweaks for the phone's screen. I read that somewhere, but I can't find it right now. I'm pretty sure I read it on MobileSyrup though.

What we need is the Americans to help us. They will eventually I hope. I PMed nygfan760 and he said he'll take a look when he's free. However by the time we get anything going for Canadians, I'll have sold my Optimus G for $400... Can't believe it's only worth $400..

bones420la

Nov 10, 2010
wilmington nc
CM 10.1 has a lot of things broken. Plus I believe it loses some of LG's software tweaks for the phone's screen. I read that somewhere, but I can't find it right now. I'm pretty sure I read it on MobileSyrup though.

What we need is the Americans to help us. They will eventually I hope. I PMed nygfan760 and he said he'll take a look when he's free. However by the time we get anything going for Canadians, I'll have sold my Optimus G for $400... Can't believe it's only worth $400..

you guys should talk to some of the guys over at androidforums.com im sure if a device was donated.. PlayfulGod Death2All110 or TDM would help out. they done alot for the lg spectrum..

thats how us spectrum users got support.. every time someone would find a skilled dev willing to work for us we would start a donation thread. and start a paypal collection or something so its easy for people to chip in... on androidforums 7 or 8 spectums were bought by the community for developers.

boakun

Mar 26, 2010
Vancouver
It has two issues. Nfc and cap buttons, hardly broken. American kernel is incompatible.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz

Depend on what you are calling "a lot". I don't believe two is a lot. NFC is broken and capacitive key. And we are looking at both item. And about the LG's software tweaks for screen, if their code is as good as the kernel code, then it must be bull****. However, i didnt really saw a difference. Furthermore, we might not have LG tweak, but we have Google tweak for nexus, which i believe , are way better.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Depend on what you are calling "a lot". I don't believe two is a lot. NFC is broken and capacitive key. And we are looking at both item. And about the LG's software tweaks for screen, if their code is as good as the kernel code, then it must be bull****. However, i didnt really saw a difference. Furthermore, we might not have LG tweak, but we have Google tweak for nexus, which i believe , are way better.

Nexus doesn't have any tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOGO.png

Proudly presents
    OnlyOne UCLE2 Beta 5 Goldie Edition

This Rom comes shipped as is..iv went ahead and added a couple of neat features here and there. Not much just yet but i am still learning.
    It does work and it is fast.
    This Rom runs off a base and is constantly updated with fixes found around the forums. I believe this is how a rom should be, Stock. And so do othe forum members.
    I dont think of myself as a developer nor am i one.
    Alot more updates to come and ill try to listen to all of you as much as i can.
    Thanks and enjoy!

This is my second ever ROM
    So what comes in it exactly you ask?

• Stock, Rooted, Deodexed
    • Debloated (more to come)
    • busybox installed, symlinked
    • Rooted

Instructions:
    1. Download to sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Data wipe/factory reset *REQUIRED*
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Reboot and Enjoy

Download here!
    COMING SOON! UPLOADING

INITIAL RELEASE

Troubleshooting:
    1. Did you do a full wipe?? If not, please do.
    2. Did you reboot?
    3. Don't restore app data via TIBU
    4. Post in this thread
    Just a quick update. I have been having issues with pulling the boot.img for the E971. Seeing how no one has really been able to pull it, i think after 3 days i finally got it :)
    now to package and sign and then test but that will be after work tommorow. Its 4 am, time to get 6 hours of sleep!

I'm going up north to blue mountain for new years. Thought I could have this uploaded before I left but these issues have stopped me from releasing it. I should have it once I'm back home. Sorry for the wait guys. I know how it feels.
    If you haven't noticed, AT&T version has some custom ROMs going on for their Optimus G. Maybe you can ask them for help, or take apart their ROMs and compare or something? I dunno.. Not good with development but I'd like to help in the best way I can.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084431
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2072868
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004731