[Q] When will 12.2 Pro be avaialble? Does Samsung upgrade large tablet every year?

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Considering to get the Note 10.1 2014 or the 12.2 Note Pro. Is it true that the 12.2 Note Pro will be available for purchase in March? Somewhere I read that it will be the first week of March. During this waiting period, I am considering to get the iPad Mini Retina Display or iPad Air or Note 10.1 2014 and when the 12.2 Note Pro comes out, do a trade-in immediately when the 12.2 Note Pro is out. Do you expect that all the problems (e.g. lag, when the power is low, cannot use the device even it is plugged in to the electric socket because charging is slow, etc.) with the current 10.1 2014 will be fixed in 12.2 Note Pro? I read that recharging on the 10.1 2014 is slow but Samsung has not implemented faster charging via USB 3.0.

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Rumor is based on an internal Samsung memo restricting employee vacations that weekend.

The Tab|Pro 8.4 and 10.1 are the same price as the iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air respectively. The Note|Pro 12 prices are set at a new high for Android tablets. These aren't going to be jumping off the shelves; especially to the point of needing more staff to handle the throngs of anxious customers. If you break it down and de-emotionalize it the Tab/Note|Pro's they're just another set of high-end Android tablets with top tier h/w specs, a new user interface, and a bunch of included s/w that's all provided by third parties that are already available today for any Android tablet. That might be really exciting for us (N10.1-14 owners) and enthusiasts but does anyone here think Samsung's 2014 premium tablets are going to turn the market on end and have Apple quaking in their boots? I think they'll do well (+/-10-15M sold this year including the N10.1-14) but those aren't big numbers in the greater scheme of things when there will be +300M mobile devices sold this year by Samsung.

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
and yeah

at this point I expect the high-end to be updated each year. This year got the screen on the 10.1 from junk to quality resolution. Samsung should have a process-shrink on their chips in the next year, so likely higher-performance at lower power consumption chips will be available a year from now. I'll probably skip the next generation (unless it blends and makes ice cream) but my wife's 1st gen nexus 7 will be ready to be replaced in the next generation of 7".

On the size side, after a month with a 10", I would not want larger in a tablet. I can just barely palm the 10" in portrait mode. I love the larger screen compared to a 7", but the 7" fits in a jacket pocket and the 10" will not.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Anybody knows why Samsung does not make the Note Pro 8.4 available at the same time? Do they want us to buy the 12.2 first and when we feel that it is too heavy, they release the Note Pro 8.4?

Although I need a laptop to run engineer and CAD applications, most of the time I could do the web browsing and document typing/reading on a tablet I suppose. The Note Pro 8.4 is good to use when I am waiting at the bus stop or on the bus. The 12.2 is good when I use it at the restaurant while waiting for the foods.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
The Tab|Pro 8.4 and 10.1 are the same price as the iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air respectively. The Note|Pro 12 prices are set at a new high for Android tablets. These aren't going to be jumping off the shelves; especially to the point of needing more staff to handle the throngs of anxious customers. If you break it down and de-emotionalize it the Tab/Note|Pro's they're just another set of high-end Android tablets with top tier h/w specs, a new user interface, and a bunch of included s/w that's all provided by third parties that are already available today for any Android tablet. That might be really exciting for us (N10.1-14 owners) and enthusiasts but does anyone here think Samsung's 2014 premium tablets are going to turn the market on end and have Apple quaking in their boots? I think they'll do well (+/-10-15M sold this year including the N10.1-14) but those aren't big numbers in the greater scheme of things when there will be +300M mobile devices sold this year by Samsung.

I would prefer the Samsung eventually as I can make phone calls using the Pro 10.1 and 12.2. I can also access flash flash websites, have additional memory and most importantly S-pen.

Can anybody confirm whether or not the Pro 12.2 has native phone calling and receiving capability? I plan to get a headphone with a mic. Thanks.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I would prefer the Samsung eventually as I can make phone calls using the Pro 10.1 and 12.2. I can also access flash flash websites, have additional memory and most importantly S-pen.

Can anybody confirm whether or not the Pro 12.2 has native phone calling and receiving capability? I plan to get a headphone with a mic. Thanks.

Almost all Samsung's tablets come in 3G and/or 4G versions which have a Dialer and MMS app. Exceptions being the U.S. and Turkey. I have a 3G N10.1-14 imported from Latin America.

Reactions: hajime_android

sheepybach

Feb 24, 2012
The Note|Pro 12 Wi-Fi is up for pre-order on the Samsung UK site. It's also got pictures of the tablet from all sides. Earlier, there was confusion about the placement of the USB 3.0 port with some pics showing center bottom and some showing center right. The official pics have it center right.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/tablets/SM-P9000ZKEBTU-gallery

Pre-order the Note Pro 12.2 today and get a free Gamepad

£649.00

Scheduled to ship on Feb 4. 2014 in black or white

Freshman206

Apr 12, 2012
I have pre-ordered the NotePro 12.2 LTE some weeks ago for 899 Euro. Big tab, big price. Even the iPad Air is cheaper.... (869€)

I am so excited !!

But - disappointment wouldn´t be a surprise.

Officially the release here in Germany is 8th calendar week, which has started today ! Cyberport assumes delivery on 21st February.. Just in 3 days.

Will give you my personal impressions here when it´s here.

Freshman206

Apr 12, 2012
Device arrived today here.
My unit´s display is yellowish at top, mainly top left and right corner.
Inacceptable for me personally, that´s why I´ll make a return and get another one,

Anything else:
UI ist ugly and stuttering. Pen is working fine, overall impression is really nice.
Will install another Launcher on the next unit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rumor is for a Feb 14 release of the Pro series. Rumor is based on an internal Samsung memo restricting employee vacations that weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almost all Samsung's tablets come in 3G and/or 4G versions which have a Dialer and MMS app. Exceptions being the U.S. and Turkey. I have a 3G N10.1-14 imported from Latin America.
    Does that mean the international 4G LTE version of the Note PRO 12.2 will have native phone capability?

Yes.

Sample...