[Q] obtaining ip address...

Search This thread

aragonit

Jan 8, 2013
I've run into a weird problem. Today I got internet at my new place, and of course first thing I do is whip out my trusty mini wireless router (TendaLink w300m) to provide all of our computers with fresh wifi. The laptops are fine. But now...

My G900F refuses to connect to the wireless network. Other places were fine, no such problem, but here I get

obtaining ip address...

but here it stays. Sometimes it gives a final error "Failed to obtain IP address"..

I tried using a static IP, that did actually work as far as connecting to the network (so password error can be excluded), but I couldn't get any data / website / mail to load.

I tried restarting, and toggling the "Smart network switch" (which wasn't switched on in the first place).

I changed the channel of the router twice, to no avail.

To make it all even more unfunny, I frequently get a popup telling me "Network disabled because internet connection is slow" (although Smart Network Switch is OFF)

If anyone has a solution to this , please let me know!

Last edited:

dwardo1077

Feb 3, 2011
Try to rule out the issue being the router, reboot it and if that doesnt solve the problem factory restore the router or change it out.