Anyone here have a joystick/pad for their HTC One M8?

Search This thread

sheek360

Apr 23, 2010

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
I've been reading up and it seems a game has to support Moga Pivot in order to use it with that controller?

With the Viaplay what drew me to it is that I can map keys to areas on the screen.. so it'll pretty much support any game.

The app requires root, which I have, for the Viaplay But the Moga gets better reviews and looks like a nicer controller.

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
I've been reading up and it seems a game has to support Moga Pivot in order to use it with that controller?

With the Viaplay what drew me to it is that I can map keys to areas on the screen.. so it'll pretty much support any game.

I don't think you can do this with Moga or correct me if I am wrong?

The app requires root, which I have, for the Viaplay.

But the Moga gets better reviews and looks like a nicer controller, but if it doesn't have the above ability it's useless for me because of the limited games it supports.

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
Well, the Moga Pro Power is $79.99, but Target has it on their website for $49.99. I went in store and they price matched it, because it was marked $79.99. You have to take it up to customer service and wait a minute while they pull it up on the website and compare the UPC's. Then a manager had to come over with their code because of the markdown.

I haven't tried it yet to comment. I haven't even opened the box yet. After I take care of a few things I'll try it out and come back here.

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
Here's what I did so far:

- Unit is very nicely designed. Good feel to it. Similar to an XBOX type controller, but not as bulky. All the buttons and joypads feel great. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Does not feel like they will break easy either.

- Install software, turn on bluetooth, pair device. Took me three times to get it to pair. If it doesn't pair you turn it off and on and try again. Takes up to 30 seconds.

- There's two different modes. It says the most popular is A, so I set that up, but there's also B. You have to go through the pairing process again. Took me two times this pairing. A mode is for Moga compatible games. B mode is for games that support HID controls.. IE: you can map keys in game. The game I have only has on screen stuff to press for movement, fire, etc. You have to purchase a separate app if you want to map to screen touches. See below.

- Once unit is paired it asks if I want to install Pac-Man. No thanks. The annoying part is EVERY time I open their software it keeps asking me about Pac-Man. I said no already, dude!

- There's a big list of games. You can sort by Category or A-Z. Problem is I don't want those games. I want to play something I already have.

- Phone fits nicely into clip. The clip is spring loaded I guess. It has rubber on both sides so as not to scratch your phone. Pretty secure. Phone is a bit heavy, so if you tilt too far towards you, the clip may try to close on you.

- Unit also comes with a stand for tablets.

I mentioned above about getting another app to map buttons to a touch screen. I am currently trying out something called Game Controller 2 Touch. It's $4.99 and got good reviews. It took me awhile to figure it out, but here's what I learned:

- First take a screen shot of your game where you want to map buttons. This is very important because in the software you can set your background to that picture. No need to go back and fourth in the game testing keys and they aren't in the right spot. Oops! I learned that 20 minutes too late. You enable GC2T as your Input Method and you can make keys for up down left right, etc. Then in Configuration is where you can make a Touch Profile.

mcp2009

May 12, 2009
Hellam

I don't think you can do this with Moga or correct me if I am wrong?

The app requires root, which I have, for the Viaplay.

But the Moga gets better reviews and looks like a nicer controller, but if it doesn't have the above ability it's useless for me because of the limited games it supports.

There is a moga universal driver app that allows you to use it with other games. I have the pro and used it with my M7 and M8 mainly used mine with emulators. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.obsidianx.android.mogaime

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
another thought would be to get an OTG cable and then just plug in a wired X-Box controller.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's what I did so far:

- Unit is very nicely designed. Good feel to it. Similar to an XBOX type controller, but not as bulky. All the buttons and joypads feel great. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Does not feel like they will break easy either.

- Install software, turn on bluetooth, pair device. Took me three times to get it to pair. If it doesn't pair you turn it off and on and try again. Takes up to 30 seconds.

- There's two different modes. It says the most popular is A, so I set that up, but there's also B. You have to go through the pairing process again. Took me two times this pairing. A mode is for Moga compatible games. B mode is for games that support HID controls.. IE: you can map keys in game. The game I have only has on screen stuff to press for movement, fire, etc. You have to purchase a separate app if you want to map to screen touches. See below.

- Once unit is paired it asks if I want to install Pac-Man. No thanks. The annoying part is EVERY time I open their software it keeps asking me about Pac-Man. I said no already, dude!

- There's a big list of games. You can sort by Category or A-Z. Problem is I don't want those games. I want to play something I already have.

- Phone fits nicely into clip. The clip is spring loaded I guess. It has rubber on both sides so as not to scratch your phone. Pretty secure. Phone is a bit heavy, so if you tilt too far towards you, the clip may try to close on you.

- Unit also comes with a stand for tablets.

I mentioned above about getting another app to map buttons to a touch screen. I am currently trying out something called Game Controller 2 Touch. It's $4.99 and got good reviews. It took me awhile to figure it out, but here's what I learned:

- First take a screen shot of your game where you want to map buttons. This is very important because in the software you can set your background to that picture. No need to go back and fourth in the game testing keys and they aren't in the right spot. Oops! I learned that 20 minutes too late. You enable GC2T as your Input Method and you can make keys for up down left right, etc. Then in Configuration is where you can make a Touch Profile.