How to drain battery faster

Search This thread

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Sometimes my phone is left with 5 to 10% of battery and I plan to give it a full cycle, so
whats the best way to drain the battery quickly?
I found a few threads on xda but i can't get them through
@_Dagan_ on one thread said Ghost Radar app will do it, but
there are many apps named Ghost Radar, i don't know which one to download.

So kindly tell me how to drain my phones battery faster and safer.

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Sometimes my phone is left with 5 to 10% of battery and I plan to give it a full cycle, so

The safest thing to do is to NOT do that. Running your battery completely dead is worse on your battery, just charge it from 5 or 10%.

Reactions: thahim

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Lithium-Ion batteries should never cycle all the way down. In fact, with Lithium-Ion batteries, the higher the charge left the more charge cycles you will have with the battery. Nickle-Cadium batteries (Ni-Cad) are the ones from the 80's and 90's that developed a memory and cycle was NEEDED with them. There is ZERO memory effects with Lithium-Ion batteries.

For example... if you charge the phone regularly when its at 25% battery left or lower you will get roughly 250-350 charge cycles. 50% battery left and you will get 1000-1200 charges cycles and if you charge it at 75% or more you can get roughly 2000-2200 charge cycles. And obviously a charge cycle is when you charge it to full so if you charge it once a day then that is 1 charge cycle.

My battery rarely goes below 50% battery with 4-5 hours of screen on time and that's after a full day (8am-midnight) and i plug it in each night.

nortonxita

Feb 22, 2014
Lithium-Ion batteries should never cycle all the way down. In fact, with Lithium-Ion batteries, the higher the charge left the more charge cycles you will have with the battery. Nickle-Cadium batteries (Ni-Cad) are the ones from the 80's and 90's that developed a memory and cycle was NEEDED with them. There is ZERO memory effects with Lithium-Ion batteries.

For example... if you charge the phone regularly when its at 25% battery left or lower you will get roughly 250-350 charge cycles. 50% battery left and you will get 1000-1200 charges cycles and if you charge it at 75% or more you can get roughly 2000-2200 charge cycles. And obviously a charge cycle is when you charge it to full so if you charge it once a day then that is 1 charge cycle.

My battery rarely goes below 50% battery with 4-5 hours of screen on time and that's after a full day (8am-midnight) and i plug it in each night.

I have a question for you, I hope you can help me. I have samsung note 3 EU from two months, the rom is android 4.4.2 original , I use auto brightness, energy saving active, all disabled, except the 3g that is always active. I have a problem with the battery drain, because I use the phone five minute to see web page on internet and my battery drain 2% , for example if I have 100% of battery pass to 98% in 4-5 minutes. This is normal? I have to send the phone to the assistance service?
I made an hard reset but not change the time of battery drain. Help me please.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
I have a question for you, I hope you can help me. I have samsung note 3 EU from two months, the rom is android 4.4.2 original , I use auto brightness, energy saving active, all disabled, except the 3g that is always active. I have a problem with the battery drain, because I use the phone five minute to see web page on internet and my battery drain 2% , for example if I have 100% of battery pass to 98% in 4-5 minutes. This is normal? I have to send the phone to the assistance service?
I made an hard reset but not change the time of battery drain. Help me please.

Well, a lot of things go into battery life. Surfing the web since it uses data and when on 4g or LTE data you will use a lot of battery. That said, things I do for best battery are these...

Any app you don't want or need running background data i would restrict the background data under settings-data usage then tap what is using data and you can tap restrict background data. Turn off all your syncs (use manual sync) unless you have to have them like email maybe and dont let it sync every 15 min maybe change it to once an hour or every 4 hours. I would use your internet for about an hour of surfing and see what you get after that. I probably lose about 10% battery per 45 min or so of constant web surfing on stock browser at 30-40% brightness. Also, turn off your auto brightness... it will never save you battery but use more. it will almost always be brighter then you need. Just adjust the brightness as you need it. I run mine at 20-25% brightness unless i need it higher.

hope this helps.

mtxx1

Aug 4, 2012
on GPS, turn on waze navigation
turn on wifi tethering, connect another device to it and play a 2 hour HD video on youtube
at the same time connect to a bluetooth speaker and play a song
screen brightness set to maximum

do the above 4 at the same time. should be dead in less than 2 hours

Sophia Zhao

Feb 8, 2014

Agree with Eric a lot. You don't have to do like this, there will be nothing good for battery though you do like that.

nortonxita

Feb 22, 2014
Well, a lot of things go into battery life. Surfing the web since it uses data and when on 4g or LTE data you will use a lot of battery. That said, things I do for best battery are these...

Any app you don't want or need running background data i would restrict the background data under settings-data usage then tap what is using data and you can tap restrict background data. Turn off all your syncs (use manual sync) unless you have to have them like email maybe and dont let it sync every 15 min maybe change it to once an hour or every 4 hours. I would use your internet for about an hour of surfing and see what you get after that. I probably lose about 10% battery per 45 min or so of constant web surfing on stock browser at 30-40% brightness. Also, turn off your auto brightness... it will never save you battery but use more. it will almost always be brighter then you need. Just adjust the brightness as you need it. I run mine at 20-25% brightness unless i need it higher.

hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply :). I try to use the device for an hour and let you know how much battery drain. I did not understand, what should I do to change the synchronization of e-mail every 4 hours (I use gmail app). I went into the account - sync but does not make me choose how often to do the synchronization. Can you help me? :)

Last edited:

HanZie82

Thank you for your reply :). I try to use the device for an hour and let you know how much battery drain. I did not understand, what should I do to change the synchronization of e-mail every 4 hours (I use gmail app). I went into the account - sync but does not make me choose how often to do the synchronization. Can you help me? :)

You might want to read this first before damaging your battery.
Goodluck! :cowboy:

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly

Well I can't help much with gmail since I don't use it. I looked in Gmail settings and I see no options for sync times either. I use stock email. You might not be able to change or specify that. Someone else that knows may be able to chime in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Play Dead Trigger 2. Best battery laxative known to mankind, but still worth it....

The safest thing to do is to NOT do that. Running your battery completely dead is worse on your battery, just charge it from 5 or 10%.

Agree with Eric a lot. You don't have to do like this, there will be nothing good for battery though you do like that.

You might want to read this first before damaging your battery.
    Goodluck! :cowboy: