HTC M8 Music transfer help

Search This thread

tpayne174

Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys, I finally switched my phone from an iPhone to an M8 because through my work I got one out of contract for $250 so I really couldn't pass the offer...

Anyways, I'm having trouble transferring my music from my iTunes (mac) to my new phone. Google music blows, it doesnt even get all the songs and playlist after trying 2950 times. So what else can I use that WILL get every single song and playlist CORRECTLY to my M8?

Thanks!

Also thinking about rooting it soon. Anyone have a link to how to do it on a Mac? I used to know how to root pretty well a couple years ago when I had my tablet but havent touched it in many years.

xploitUK

May 3, 2009
I had this issue too

I had the same problem - havent done it with masses of music yet, but in iTunes if you right click the song you want to copy, you can select to convert the song to an aac file - once youve done that open the memory card or internal storage and copy files to your music folder - simples :D

tpayne174

Sep 24, 2012
I had the same problem - havent done it with masses of music yet, but in iTunes if you right click the song you want to copy, you can select to convert the song to an aac file - once youve done that open the memory card or internal storage and copy files to your music folder - simples :D
Thats the issue though. I cant connect it to my mac for some reason. Android Transfer wont find it and neither will like DoubleTwist

mcox1124

Dec 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mac does not play nice with MTP, which is the protocol used to transfer files back and forth between PC/Mac and Android.

If you are bone stock, just use HTC Sync and point it to your iTunes media folder in Finder.

If you are rooted and/or prefer ADB, download DriveDroid from the Play Store. Once downloaded, give it Super User permissions, then go to Settings > USB Settings > Manually Change Permanent USB Mode, then select Media Transfer Protocol. After that, go to your phone's Settings > Developer and enable USB Debugging.

Now, download Android File Transfer on your Mac. Plug your phone to your Mac and it'll load up and let you add/delete files at a whim.

With all that said... If you don't use ADB, HTC Sync will be the easiest and allow you to copy playlists from iTunes. With Android File Transfer, you can copy all the music, videos, whatever, but the actual playlists don't transfer over. If there is a way, I'd love to know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk