Anyone else have this issue where the CPU will randomly change frequency?

Search This thread

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
I've had this issue on Mahdi ROM which is what I'm on right now, but also every other ROM and every kernel that I've tried except for ElementalX. Basically, the kernel will change it's max frequency to 1.19 GHz usually, and soemtimes 1.6 GHz or 1.9GHz and you can't change it back until you flash a different kernel. Rebooting doesn't help, and changing it kernel tuner only helps temporarily. Every other kernel app only changes CPU0 for some reason not sure if that's just be or what. It's a very strange problem, and I have not gotten any help or suggestions so far, so if anyone knows how to help, that would be great. Again, this has happened on every single ROM I've tried, with every kernel, except ElementalX (and I think Trinity but I didn't use it long enough to be sure).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I've had this issue on Mahdi ROM which is what I'm on right now, but also every other ROM and every kernel that I've tried except for ElementalX. Basically, the kernel will change it's max frequency to 1.19 GHz usually, and soemtimes 1.6 GHz or 1.9GHz and you can't change it back until you flash a different kernel. Rebooting doesn't help, and changing it kernel tuner only helps temporarily. Every other kernel app only changes CPU0 for some reason not sure if that's just be or what. It's a very strange problem, and I have not gotten any help or suggestions so far, so if anyone knows how to help, that would be great. Again, this has happened on every single ROM I've tried, with every kernel, except ElementalX (and I think Trinity but I didn't use it long enough to be sure).

go to /etc/init.d/, then delete all the files inside of it, then reboot for it to take affect.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
well, its not another rom or kernel issue, its an issue on the user side(a mod or a file that you added?).

See, I thought that too, but some ROMs this will happen right when I flash and others it occurs a few days in. It's sort of weird. Clean flashed like 10 times.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
See, I thought that too, but some ROMs this will happen right when I flash and others it occurs a few days in. It's sort of weird. Clean flashed like 10 times.

there are things that get missed when wiping, like init.d files sometimes. everyone(but 1 person) ive seen this happen to has had it fixed when deleting their init.d folder/files. id recommend flashing the factory img instead of wiping, it one way to get a true clean flash afterwards.

Reactions: RollTribe

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
there are things that get missed when wiping, like init.d files sometimes. everyone(but 1 person) ive seen this happen to has had it fixed when deleting their init.d folder/files. id recommend flashing the factory img instead of wiping, it one way to get a true clean flash afterwards.

I think there may be something seriously wrong with my phone... I went ahead and flash the stock image, and everything went fine... but lo and behold on entirely stock firmware my phone still maxes out at whatever frequency it damn well feels like (1.5 GHz right now, but it was at 1.19 earlier). I have no idea what could possibly be doing this.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I think there may be something seriously wrong with my phone... I went ahead and flash the stock image, and everything went fine... but lo and behold on entirely stock firmware my phone still maxes out at whatever frequency it damn well feels like (1.5 GHz right now, but it was at 1.19 earlier). I have no idea what could possibly be doing this.

if its completely stock, its probably due to mpdecision.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
if its completely stock, its probably due to mpdecision.

Okay, I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure how mpdecision works, but from what I understand this is not how it should behave, yes? My phone is just stuck at 1.19 ghz and won't go up even when the CPU load goes up, and then my device lags. If this is how it is supposed to behave, would you mind explaining why?

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Bump. Still having same problem would really like a solution, it's extremely annoying and I've seen a few other people have this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.