[Q] "your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu....."

Search This thread

darkfangex5

Aug 29, 2010
ok so i had stock 2.1 update 1 , gt i9000T , and flashed I9000XWJS8 europe , i ACCIDENTALLY (or accidentally used a pit file) checked re-partition and now this retarted recovery screen with "your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions"
"copy default media content failed"
funny thing though even tho i get looped into that screen i can just use speedmod k13E and bypass it and get a forceclose error on the welcome screen and everything works i think didnt really test it , under sd card stuff i have 0.00 gb on the bottom is that correct? but when i enter speedmod and go clockwork and back to recovery 3e it shows the same error. anyone know how to get rid of that bs? and i used odin 1.7

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
mmm... internal sd card.

what i would do, (not saying you have to do this) is download a firmware with three files and 512 PIT, check the re-partition box in odin, then after the successful flash. boot into recovery and format my sd card. along with data / cache / dalvik cache.

then rebooting should be back to normal. apply a restore and everything is normal :D

#G#

Mar 9, 2008
Hello!

I am in the same situation with a Galaxy Tab 7 aka gt_p1000... I wanted to reset the tablet. No way through normal os procedure ->
I did a super silly "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmblkp2" from local root terminal
/dev/mmcblkp2 was the device mounted in /data :) yahoo I now need to format the partition... so now I should mkfs /dev/mmcblkp2... but how?

I tried to install the latest for europe p1000
P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar

Used odin repartitioning applying pit and tar for pda section, repartitioning. (tried not repartitioning too)
I then applied dbdata.tar not repartitioning.

Completes but when rebooting gives this message as darkfangerex5
"your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions"
"copy default media content failed"

SO your suggestion is what I'd go for..
"download a firmware with three files and 512 PIT" on samfirmware I have no way of knowing if there is any similar rom config.

Can you point any rom to use? My tablet is stuck at the moment :(((

@darkfangerex5
did you solve your problem and how?

Thanks for any help :)

G

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2012
mmm... internal sd card.

what i would do, (not saying you have to do this) is download a firmware with three files and 512 PIT, check the re-partition box in odin, then after the successful flash. boot into recovery and format my sd card. along with data / cache / dalvik cache.

then rebooting should be back to normal. apply a restore and everything is normal :D

First off all my Galaxy I9000 was trying to software update via Kies, and it failed. The it would not start, but i managde to root it with a stock "VOD" rom.. But after a while i wantet to root it back to "Nordic Version"... But i could not do this, because the 3 button combo dont work on my Galaxy I9000 anymore.. :/ So there for i baought a USB JTAG, that puts it into download mode. So far, So good But when it is finished rooting, it fails to mount/unmount a bunch of stuff.. I have a picture of the screen, so that you guys can se what the problem is. I have tryed to root it with the same version that worked before, but it dont work. I have also tryed with som pit files, and so on... I give up, i need help with my Samsung Galaxy S - GT-i9000. Please help me out with this..
Do you know where i can download this firmware with three files? i have to pay for every Mb i download, so i cant afford to download the wrong one :/ If you know where i can download it, or if you have the link for this download that would be great!! :)
I need the one for Nordic Countries (Samsung Galaxy GT-i9000), and it must be able to install the right CSC... wich is "NEE"

Thanks in advanced ;)

Attachments

• 20120415_152057.jpg
    20120415_152057.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 255