[Developer Preview][Non-TouchWiz][HC][7310]NonTW HoneyComb[ROM]

Search This thread

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
News! I have a booting
  • build! It is quite smooth, but has some work to be done on it. I'
  • Here is what I have. I will build two versions, but one fully working one is a priority.
    • Built on HoneyComb 3.1 (planned upgrade to 3.2)
    • CWM-Flashable
    • Working:
    - Camera
    - All other stuff
    • Not Working
    - Boot Animation (it just isn't these, something with the boot files)
    - Wifi (Not compatible - this one is easy. Ill make it work tomorrow)
    Cheers!
    Instructions
    You need to flash do a wipe, flash i through cwm and then install motleys kernel. Install it just after the install, otherwise you will get a bootloop. Here are the download links:
    ROM:
    http://hotfile.com/dl/148987432/474cec0/NoTW_HC_7310_0.1.zip.html
    Mot's Kernel
    http://hotfile.com/dl/148987800/309e587/motley_v1i_No_Touchwiz.zip.html
    Remember, this is a test build

Last edited:

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Report back your result. I really can't get to a Galaxy Tab at the moment. I'm really hoping to bring the first NON-TW ROM to the 8.9

Reactions: wyatt23

wyatt23

Feb 21, 2010
oh my word, this would be the greatest thing for the 8.9. i don't think we're going to get an ICS rom until Q3/Q4. You know how samsung is.

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Some news. I got it to boot. Actually, I am in a bootloop without the bootanimation but with the samsung sound. My source uses some weird boot.img (boot.img.md5 Note: it is a boot.img, not a md5 checksum, i am sure). I will hopefully get a correct one tomorrow. At least it passed the Galaxy Tab 8.9 screen.

H2O_c

Jan 21, 2011
How's the performance comparing with overcome 2.3?
Anyway thanks for your effort to the development of gt8.9!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Currently, they are about the ame. This is because this ROM is a pre alpha. In the next builds, the performance should be far above Overcome, simply because the absence of TouchWiz.

H2O_c

Jan 21, 2011
omg can't wait the hc3.2 release!!!!
thank you very much!!!
Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Yes. Wifi has proved itself to be hard. If anybody wants to oin my team, please PM me. You are welcome. I will release the 3.2 The very moment I get Wi-fi working. After that, I am planning to ressurect the honeyUI and add a seconfd build for users to choose.

stiffi2011

Oct 10, 2011
you are using the motley 3 kernel right? do you know why the USB otg features wouldn't completely work like they do in Galaxian Soup? I plugged in a USB game pad but it didn't work

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Yes. Wifi has proved itself to be hard. If anybody wants to oin my team, please PM me. You are welcome. I will release the 3.2 The very moment I get Wi-fi working. After that, I am planning to ressurect the honeyUI and add a seconfd build for users to choose.

You probably don't have the kernel modules in the right place. With older motley kernel the modules were in rom somewhere, but i don't remember exactly where. Ask motley about this.

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
That is because this is an old motley's kenel. Most of the new ones would simply get you into a bootloop. Worknig on that, but no support for that at the moment. Again, compatibility, but I am hoping to get that soon. It has been 7 Hours since I got this booting and working :)

wyatt23

Feb 21, 2010
has there been any more updates on this? This is truly the most exciting rom for this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News! I have a booting
    • build! It is quite smooth, but has some work to be done on it. I'
    • Here is what I have. I will build two versions, but one fully working one is a priority.
      • Built on HoneyComb 3.1 (planned upgrade to 3.2)
      • CWM-Flashable
      • Working:
      - Camera
      - All other stuff
      • Not Working
      - Boot Animation (it just isn't these, something with the boot files)
      - Wifi (Not compatible - this one is easy. Ill make it work tomorrow)
      Cheers!
      Instructions
      You need to flash do a wipe, flash i through cwm and then install motleys kernel. Install it just after the install, otherwise you will get a bootloop. Here are the download links:
      ROM:
      http://hotfile.com/dl/148987432/474cec0/NoTW_HC_7310_0.1.zip.html
      Mot's Kernel
      http://hotfile.com/dl/148987800/309e587/motley_v1i_No_Touchwiz.zip.html
      Remember, this is a test build
    Currently, they are about the ame. This is because this ROM is a pre alpha. In the next builds, the performance should be far above Overcome, simply because the absence of TouchWiz.
    Report back your result. I really can't get to a Galaxy Tab at the moment. I'm really hoping to bring the first NON-TW ROM to the 8.9
    I'd love to hear that this project continue!!! ;)