Galaxy Nexus for $459.50 on Negri (NTT Docomo version)

Search This thread

jup007

Sep 28, 2010
So, can I use your method to obtain real IMEI, just long enough for me to add the prepaid card in Wallet (adding prepaid card requires non-generic IMEI) and then switch back to generic IMEI? The reason I want to remain with generic IMEI is so Tmobile cannot block it from using it on tzones data plan.
Or does Wallet use check IMEI everytime it is used? If so, the above plan won't work...I would have to permanently obtain non-generic IMEI..

KG
I have no idea how google wallet works. And I won't help people spoof their IMEI. Whole idea of this thread is to go in opposite direction.

That said, there's more then enough info floating around...

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

The reason I want to remain with generic IMEI is so Tmobile cannot block it from using it on tzones data plan.

By the way I don't think Tmobile would block you by IMEI. This is not so straightforward and will just create problem if blocked person sells their phone, buys the new one etc. They will just block you SIM #, which is unique customer identifier. Carriers really don't use IMEI all that much, except for tracking stolen phones. For them you're identified by SIM.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I think they do look at IMEI for things like the "workaround" data plans......wouldn't really know tho as I just used the actual data plan, iPhone one actually as it works for all phones.

But yea.......been nice knowing you guys, I already switched over to a One X haha. Managed to trade my Nexus +$100 for a One X thru craigslist. Hell of a deal considering Nexus are starting to dip below $400

The GN development will be missed.....hopefully One X builds up fast

divinemyth99

Nov 16, 2010
Fargo
I think they do look at IMEI for things like the "workaround" data plans......wouldn't really know tho as I just used the actual data plan, iPhone one actually as it works for all phones.

Sure. If you're using an APN made for a sidekick or iPhone, they might look to see if you have a sidekick or iPhone IMEI. Neither your stock IMEI nor your generic Samsung IMEI match these devices and are equally likely to get you into trouble if T-Mobile gives a sh7t. From the little I've seen on Howard forums about APNs, I don't think they do.

But as someone else stated, they most definitely would block, charge, limit, or otherwise punish you via your SIM indentity, regardless of how they determine you are using the wrong APN. They aren't going to block your phone unless it's reported stolen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
I got this phone from usa and it was wrking well with at&t .. Now i came back to india and noticed that it does not connect to any network. Im thinking its coz of generic imei. Im on 4.0.4 build IMM76I . IM thinking of doing the following steps--
1. root the phone and have cwm using gnex toolkit
2. use the v2 of ****docomo app that works with 4.0.4 to lock the phone again.
3. reboot
4. use temporary unlock option 5. reboot.

will this work?? i saw this method in wow pow video on youtube .. now another problem is i dont have the unlock_backup file on my phone?? will this methd workk.. please suggest any method to restore even if temporary.. Im a noob.. someone please help .. i dont want a useless phone..:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

kizuki.buy

Dec 4, 2010
Tokyo
I got this phone from usa and it was wrking well with at&t .. Now i came back to india and noticed that it does not connect to any network. Im thinking its coz of generic imei. Im on 4.0.4 build IMM76I . IM thinking of doing the following steps--
1. root the phone and have cwm using gnex toolkit
2. use the v2 of ****docomo app that works with 4.0.4 to lock the phone again.
3. reboot
4. use temporary unlock option 5. reboot.

will this work?? i saw this method in wow pow video on youtube .. now another problem is i dont have the unlock_backup file on my phone?? will this methd workk.. please suggest any method to restore even if temporary.. Im a noob.. someone please help .. i dont want a useless phone..:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well dont worry. Thanks to genius called jup007, you should be able to restore the IMEI and keep the unlock status. Just follow the steps to the letter from the below post..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606982

But I am very curious about why your phone does not work in India, since I am planning to travel to India in near future with a Galaxy Nexus as my phone.

Have you checked, if its not the radio or some setting? You can try flashing the international radio taking help from this thread which has support for all the bands supported by GNex,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1405345

Also, you can try to check the settings (or service menu *#*#4636#*#*) to confirm that 2G networks are also allowed and its not set to WCDMA Only, since most of the network providers in India are 2G.

Once you get your phone to work in India, please do post the feedback and how exactly were you able to get it done.

Reactions: crazyykw

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Well dont worry. Thanks to genius called jup007, you should be able to restore the IMEI and keep the unlock status. Just follow the steps to the letter from the below post..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606982

But I am very curious about why your phone does not work in India, since I am planning to travel to India in near future with a Galaxy Nexus as my phone.

Have you checked, if its not the radio or some setting? You can try flashing the international radio taking help from this thread which has support for all the bands supported by GNex,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1405345

Also, you can try to check the settings (or service menu *#*#4636#*#*) to confirm that 2G networks are also allowed and its not set to WCDMA Only, since most of the network providers in India are 2G.

Once you get your phone to work in India, please do post the feedback and how exactly were you able to get it done.

The curious thing is that im getting 2g coverage(im getting emails and i can use the net but cant call) but signal strength for calling is not there... it just shows a cross. I dont know what to make of it.. I ll see all the things that u told me and get back to you .. And ive seen the thread for jup007 but that is way too complex for me.. I was just wondering if http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QtBK5JUvmY&feature=relmfu
this method would work for me as i dont have the backup file?? ny ideas??:(

Last edited:

kizuki.buy

Dec 4, 2010
Tokyo
The curious thing is that im getting 2g coverage(im getting emails and i can use the net but cant call) but signal strength for calling is not there... it just shows a cross. I dont know what to make of it.. I ll see all the things that u told me and get back to you .. And ive seen the thread for jup007 but that is way too complex for me.. I was just wondering if http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QtBK5JUvmY&feature=relmfu

Can you check your phone information and post the radio that is being used?

The method posted by you should work, but with backup files it can be tricky. I think jup's method is not so complex. Just a little lengthy but works perfectly.

But if it was an IMEI issue, why would you be getting data coverage and get banned only from voice coverage?

pixelator

Dec 5, 2007
The curious thing is that im getting 2g coverage(im getting emails and i can use the net but cant call) but signal strength for calling is not there... it just shows a cross. I dont know what to make of it.. I ll see all the things that u told me and get back to you .. And ive seen the thread for jup007 but that is way too complex for me.. I was just wondering if

I have the exact same problem. Got a friend to buy the Galaxy Nexus from the US and when I turned it on here in India, it just won't connect to any of the mobile networks.

I went to a Samsung service center in the city today morning. They pointed out the problem with the generic IMEI number and said they have ordered a new number. I am supposed to take the phone back to them in a couple of days to get it updated. The problem though, is that they're saying the new IMEI will only work in India. I won't be able to use the phone abroad.

If you do figure out a way to fix the IMEI on your phone, please do post the process and results here. I've tried to follow the process in the video and the other thread by jup007, but am not sure I get it.

kizuki.buy

Dec 4, 2010
Tokyo
I have the exact same problem. Got a friend to buy the Galaxy Nexus from the US and when I turned it on here in India, it just won't connect to any of the mobile networks.

I went to a Samsung service center in the city today morning. They pointed out the problem with the generic IMEI number and said they have ordered a new number. I am supposed to take the phone back to them in a couple of days to get it updated. The problem though, is that they're saying the new IMEI will only work in India. I won't be able to use the phone abroad.

If you do figure out a way to fix the IMEI on your phone, please do post the process and results here. I've tried to follow the process in the video and the other thread by jup007, but am not sure I get it.

You should be fine if you follow jup007's method to get the original IMEI back. In fact you do not even need to connect the Gnex to the PC if you use apps like Terminal emulator and ES File Explorer.

But how will the Samsung guys prevent you from using phone outside India. Phones are not sim locked in India and just by IMEI, how will they prevent its use outside India. Seems very strange.

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011

Do tell me what the samsung people did to your phone and also which video are you talking about?? I also tried to follow the process in jup007 but im not sure if i just have to exexute some commands or copy some stuff also.. it would be great if someone made a noobs video or simple tutorial :D:D

kizuki.buy

Dec 4, 2010
Tokyo
Do tell me what the samsung people did to your phone and also which video are you talking about?? I also tried to follow the process in jup007 but im not sure if i just have to exexute some commands or copy some stuff also.. it would be great if someone made a noobs video or simple tutorial :D:D

You don't need to copy anything to use jup007 method. It only involves running some commands to fix the required files in your phone. In fact you can run the command directly on the phone itself and don't need to connect to the pc also.

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Can you check your phone information and post the radio that is being used?

The method posted by you should work, but with backup files it can be tricky. I think jup's method is not so complex. Just a little lengthy but works perfectly.

But if it was an IMEI issue, why would you be getting data coverage and get banned only from voice coverage?

when i checked the phone info using *#*#4636#*#* i found that my preferred network was selected as wcdma .. i changed it to gsm but still couldnt get any network .. I dont know what network should i select for airtel india but i know its gsm. im posting some screenshots.. Pleasee have a look and tell if its an issue with this or imei.. also when i select for example gsm only and reboot it again comes back to wcdma.
Baseband is I9250XXLA2.. kindly see and tell what i should do..
Ive posted another screenshot in which im connected to edge but gsm network says emergency calls only..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2012-04-28-20-42-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-28-20-42-40.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

pixelator

Dec 5, 2007

The Sansung guys didn't do anything to my phone yet. His exact words were "I've ordered a new IMEI number for your phone. It should arrive in a couple of days. We will then update your phone." I will check back with them on Tuesday.

I tried jup007's steps, but they didn't work for me. The IMEI number is still the generic one after finishing all steps and rebooting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

You should be fine if you follow jup007's method to get the original IMEI back. In fact you do not even need to connect the Gnex to the PC if you use apps like Terminal emulator and ES File Explorer.

But how will the Samsung guys prevent you from using phone outside India. Phones are not sim locked in India and just by IMEI, how will they prevent its use outside India. Seems very strange.

Okay, I tried jup007's tutorial using Terminal Emulator on my phone and it didn't work. Not sure where I went wrong.

I'm not sure what the Samsung guys meant. I tried to reason with them, but they simply said that if they change the IMEI number, the phone will not work outside India. I'm assuming that the IMEI number will be country-specific. Will let you all know how it goes when they do their magic on Tuesday.

kizuki.buy

Dec 4, 2010
Tokyo
when i checked the phone info using *#*#4636#*#* i found that my preferred network was selected as wcdma .. i changed it to gsm but still couldnt get any network .. I dont know what network should i select for airtel india but i know its gsm. im posting some screenshots.. Pleasee have a look and tell if its an issue with this or imei.. also when i select for example gsm only and reboot it again comes back to wcdma.
Baseband is I9250XXLA2.. kindly see and tell what i should do..
Ive posted another screenshot in which im connected to edge but gsm network says emergency calls only..

Airtel has both 3G and 2g networks with most of them being 2g. It would depend upon the circle and kind of sim you are using. The problem I could see from your screenshots is that the network selection is wcdma only. Try to go to phone settings and select the option of 2g networks only and try. Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

The Sansung guys didn't do anything to my phone yet. His exact words were "I've ordered a new IMEI number for your phone. It should arrive in a couple of days. We will then update your phone." I will check back with them on Tuesday.

I tried jup007's steps, but they didn't work for me. The IMEI number is still the generic one after finishing all steps and rebooting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Okay, I tried jup007's tutorial using Terminal Emulator on my phone and it didn't work. Not sure where I went wrong.

I'm not sure what the Samsung guys meant. I tried to reason with them, but they simply said that if they change the IMEI number, the phone will not work outside India. I'm assuming that the IMEI number will be country-specific. Will let you all know how it goes when they do their magic on Tuesday.

Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei. Try it once instead of the non sense that the Samsung folks are giving you.

Reactions: crazyykw

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Airtel has both 3G and 2g networks with most of them being 2g. It would depend upon the circle and kind of sim you are using. The problem I could see from your screenshots is that the network selection is wcdma only. Try to go to phone settings and select the option of 2g networks only and try. Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei. Try it once instead of the non sense that the Samsung folks are giving you.
In my phone i had selected 2g only and when i choose gsm only , nothing happens.. Im not getting connected to any network except the 2g. I dont know if it could be a problem with radio or imei, i ll try to use the method posted by jup007 to temporary unlock and get imei.. Does ****docomo v3 brings back my imei if i use it and if so how?? Please help!!!

@pixelator- were you also getting the 2g network and where in india are you based? Im in punjab.

pixelator

Dec 5, 2007
In my phone i had selected 2g only and when i choose gsm only , nothing happens.. Im not getting connected to any network except the 2g. I dont know if it could be a problem with radio or imei, i ll try to use the method posted by jup007 to temporary unlock and get imei.. Does ****docomo v3 brings back my imei if i use it and if so how?? Please help!!!

@pixelator- were you also getting the 2g network and where in india are you based? Im in punjab.

I tried both - jup007's method (twice, actually) and v3 of the fDocomo app. Neither worked. Either I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case.

@crazyykw: I'm in Pune, Maharashtra. Do try both methods and let me know if they work for you. I haven't bricked my phone yet, so I'm guessing they're safe enough. :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Okay, it finally WORKED! I went through jup007's steps till the end (the "rm" command in the end being the most important), rebooted and my IMEI number is restored.

I can confirm that the phone finally connects to cell networks and I can make calls! How liberating is that! :D

@crazyykw: Try jup007's method to the T and it should work. Feel free to call me in case you run into any issues. I am sending you a previtae message with my phone number.

Last edited:

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
I tried both - jup007's method (twice, actually) and v3 of the fDocomo app. Neither worked. Either I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case.

@crazyykw: I'm in Pune, Maharashtra. Do try both methods and let me know if they work for you. I haven't bricked my phone yet, so I'm guessing they're safe enough. :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Okay, it finally WORKED! I went through jup007's steps till the end (the "rm" command in the end being the most important), rebooted and my IMEI number is restored.

I can confirm that the phone finally connects to cell networks and I can make calls! How liberating is that! :D

@crazyykw: Try jup007's method to the T and it should work. Feel free to call me in case you run into any issues. I am sending you a previtae message with my phone number.
Its great to hear that someone has solved it.. I ll just try to do everything today and call you if i run into any trouble.. did you do the theory test or application. i mean i understand what to do in theory test but im not able to understand what im supposed to do in theory application?? anyways im rooting and flashing cwm recovery,, will try everything and cal you if needed.
Edit-- everything worked out well.. did the jup007 theory application and everything came back(imei).. Thanks pixelator , jup007 and everyone who helped me..

Last edited:

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Ok i got everything working but after restoring imei im not able to send sms , only recieving them.. Is it something to do with sms centre?? how do i do that.. i tried it by *#*#4636#*#* but i could nt update it.. any help?

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
Ok i got everything working but after restoring imei im not able to send sms , only recieving them.. Is it something to do with sms centre?? how do i do that.. i tried it by *#*#4636#*#* but i could nt update it.. any help?

The SMC number is not the regular number but encrypted in some Android system. Google is your friend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lock Status of the Docomo Galaxy Nexus

Hey All,

First of all thank you for all of your support on the thread. Our Docomo Galaxy Nexus are loaded with the Android OS, v4.02 Yakju which updates from Google. So rest assured there. The Phone comes unlocked and should never lock. You could load a Docomo ROM on there and maybe lock it; but that wouldn't be anything you would want to do.

If you have any problems with any of them please contact us at support@negrielectronics.com so that we can help you.

If we missed something here please let us know. Have a great day.
    Be Everywhere!

Just know that we can not be everywhere and that you can always contact us directly if we are not responding here.

The warranty issue is complicated as it's different based on the model. Which is why we simply state that the warranty is between you and the manufacture. We will assist in everything we can to ensure an easy process.

Send the device to us (your coin), we send to Japan on our next shipment. We also ship to you for free once we get them back. If there is an expedited request, you will be asked to pay for the transit in full.

You are welcome to contact Samsung Japan for assistance as well. Please note that we do attempt to repair the device before we send them to Japan. We do have a certified technician on staff.

Most times we are unable to offer a replacement, as we are not given replacements to offer from Samsung. So your warranty issue would be sent to Samsung. if they find that a replacement is necessary they will provide one.

Any other questions we are here 7:30-6:00PM M-F.

(We ship from Nevada, so that is where you will need to send your device if you do have an issue).
    I created new thread about how to unlock with unique imei: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25025562 .

It contains basically all I know about unlocking phone, so it's quite long. I hope it will discourage people who don't know what I am talking about from trying it.

Thanks divinemyth for testing this.
    I m thinking of buying this phone from negri electronics?? Can someone tell me if i ll have any issues using this phone in INdia? the band frequencies used there are 900 and 1800 .. Other than that i heard someone say that his phone had chinese language.. how do i change to english if i have that ?? I dont know chinese??
    Did u guys get free shipping and how much time doe it take??:D:D

want to join nexus club asap!!:D

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

whenever i open negri electronics on my google chrome , it shows the http as crossed but it is fine in IE and firefox.. I read that it is not safe to do transctions at these sites?? Is it true?? From where did u guys order your phone??and did u do an online transaction?? Please help... i want to order this phone..;)

They are a real site and trust-able. However, for India you better make sure you have a unique IMEI number as I know for sure the generic one these phones come unlocked to will not work in India.
    When ordering, make sure they ship it with the unique IMEI number intact. Just had an Indian friend find his SC-04 phone did not work when using the 0000 IMEI number there. Helped him changed it back to the original one (****docomo app again) and it worked fine.
    From Negri Electronics CEO RE: DoCoMo Galaxy Nexus

Thank you for your time.
    First and foremost I would like to thank you for your business and your support. The purpose of this memo is to address a growing concern over a model of Galaxy Nexus sold by Negri Electronics.
    In March of 2012 we were offered a discounted variant of the Galaxy Nexus by one of our respected distributors. We placed a large quantity order for the discounted Galaxy Nexus dubbed the “DoCoMo Version”. This was an international version that was unlocked, GSM compatible, and set to work on any GSM network in the world. We were happy to be able to provide these popular devices to our customers at a discount during the frenzy that existed when this device was released.
    It was brought to our attention several months later that the IMEIs of these devices started coming up “not found” or “unknown” with various carriers. We offered and accepted returns for the few that were experiencing this issue.
    As the issues continued, we reported the situation to our distributor and the explanation provided said that the devices were meant for an international market, and that a custom ROM was applied to unlock them for use on networks in other countries such as the US. We were unhappy with the explanation and the lack of proactive communication. We canceled all open orders with the distributor.
    We have since been accepting returns for all of these devices well beyond our standard return policy limitations. We are offering a new, non-DoCoMo, Galaxy Nexus in exchange wherever possible or providing store credit.
    Customers have experienced significant inconveniences stemming from this situation and for that I am sincerely sorry. Please know that it was not our intention to sell a device loaded with an unofficial ROM, or any device that would fail to meet all of your expectations. We take full responsibility for this mistake.
    We promise to always do what is right. We promise to never intentionally mislead you. I can assure you that this mistake will not happen again, and we will do everything in our power to make sure that customers negatively affected are made whole, and are satisfied with their device and Negri Electronics.

Thank You,

Ryan J. Negri- Founder & CEO
    Negri Electronics, Inc.