Update...really?

Search This thread

ac42

Jan 17, 2014
So has anyone on at&t actually had a successful update to 4.2.2 sense 5?

Last edited:

Dysfunctional

Feb 28, 2012
I am in CA, bay area and I got the update two days ago from at&t.
First was a small update of some kind then a 532mb update which brought my phone up to 2.2 and it has sense5

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

logm

Dec 1, 2012
roseville
I am in CA, bay area and I got the update two days ago from at&t.
First was a small update of some kind then a 532mb update which brought my phone up to 2.2 and it has sense5

Strange I'm in CA also and nothing so far

And its 4.2.2

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Dysfunctional

Feb 28, 2012
That is strange.
Only thing I can add is my phone is still stock. Never rooted.
I dunno if that makes any difference. I'm still a noob with all this stuff.

gokun

Apr 3, 2008
I just got the update notice on mine today. I'm rooted and unlocked but still on a mostly stock rom(at&t).
I'm still in the process of backing up everything but I plan on trying the update later this evening...will let you know how it turns out.

ryandroid226

Jan 19, 2014
Atlanta, GA
@gokun, you probably need to make sure you have a stock recovery and a relocked bootloader to receive that update. I'm pretty sure that's how the process goes even if you have a stock Rom.

Sent from my HTC One X+

gokun

Apr 3, 2008
@gokun, you probably need to make sure you have a stock recovery and a relocked bootloader to receive that update. I'm pretty sure that's how the process goes even if you have a stock Rom.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Yeah, you are correct. I ended up not doing it because I didn't want to update my hboot just yet. Instead I just installed a custom rom based on it(blackout). That option worked out better for me since I didn't want to go through all the headache.