New code of conduct

Search This thread

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
People need to stop *****ing and complaining and instant messaging developers about their builds.

Because of your attitude of entitlement you cost us one of the best ROM developers the community had. He busted his ass to release a top notch stock ROM with some sweet customizations. But people had to ***** about not being able to use this or that and had the audacity to say they used his ROM if he'd just do this or that.

If you have a problem with how the developers built their goods then don't use them and use something else or build your own.

These developers take time out of their lives to make a ROM or a kernel for us to use and never demand any payments in return. This is a hobby for them and we should be grateful they let us use what they develop.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
People need to stop *****ing and complaining and instant messaging developers about their builds.

Because of your attitude of entitlement you cost us one of the best ROM developers the community had. He busted his ass to release a top notch stock ROM with some sweet customizations. But people had to ***** about not being able to use this or that and had the audacity to say they used his ROM if he'd just do this or that.

If you have a problem with how the developers built their goods then don't use them and use something else or build your own.

These developers take time out of their lives to make a ROM or a kernel for us to use and never demand any payments in return. This is a hobby for them and we should be grateful they let us use what they develop.

who did we loose and what rom

im kinda pissed right now after reading this. we dont have many dev's for are phone so for some noobs to run off a dev who was taking time outta of his life to make us a good rom has me very heated.

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
There are always people who do not contribute anything but are ever ready to complain. Anyone who has put anytime into any dev/mod work understands how much people like @nitroglycerine33 put into doing this for FREE. I don't use Eclipse but shame on the people responsible for this.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
I know the community in general has lost a lot of good developers in the last year.

As I don't have the capacity to build myself, I always say thanks and donate when I have the funds. Now there's a new crop who don't realize or care about all the work that goes into what the Developers do and just expect them to make whatever they demand. Sometimes **** just isn't compatible.

Last edited:

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I know the community in general has lost a lot of good developers in the last year.

As I don't have the capacity to build myself, I always say thanks and donate when I have the funds. Now there's a new crop who don't realize or care about all the work that goes into what the Developers do and just expect them to make whatever they demand. Sometimes **** just isn't compatible.

XDA has changed or maybe it is just the Moto X's customer base because no one is ever happy

i just feel people can't read before asking, there greedy they have to have everything they want, and i second the fact of that they have no idea what it takes to develop these root exploits, Roms, ect. i was going to try and start creating roms for are phone but i have pushed back because i dont know if i even want to deal with everything that comes with it. i still might because i want to learn anyway but i might just keep the rom private. i havent decided yet. but i swear if people push away another dev i want to make the rom threads view only.

i mean we just got Flaux to start building his kernel for are phone we are finally starting to get some dev support and now people want to push the dev's away but not even 5 months ago everyone was complaining that we had no DEV support.

IDK end rant

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
XDA has changed or maybe it is just the Moto X's customer base because no one is ever happy

i just feel people can't read before asking, there greedy they have to have everything they want, and i second the fact of that they have no idea what it takes to develop these root exploits, Roms, ect. i was going to try and start creating roms for are phone but i have pushed back because i dont know if i even want to deal with everything that comes with it. i still might because i want to learn anyway but i might just keep the rom private. i havent decided yet. but i swear if people push away another dev i want to make the rom threads view only.

i mean we just got Flaux to start building his kernel for are phone we are finally starting to get some dev support and now people want to push the dev's away but not even 5 months ago everyone was complaining that we had no DEV support.

IDK end rant

Well said and it's the community in general. It's a shame to.

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Welcome to xda where all the ungrateful idiots live. I stopped doing dev a lot time ago because of it.

Wish there was a way to reinvent the procedures here so that people understood who they are talking to. This isnt a box store employee trying to sell you something .... people here have passion, talent and code writing skill.

And to hear that someone from Team Baked stopped (or maybe we had a chance at their dev skills) makes me even more frustrated. Team Baked, Nitro... these people and groups need to be respected and allowed to work without headache.

Isnt there a way to open a Moto X Original Pain In The A$$ thread and people can vent or whatever? But I guess the people feeling like they even have a reason to vent is the problem. Maybe there needs to be a QUOTA of donations BEFORE people can say anything negative or request anything.

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com

IDK end rant

I think faux finally got tired of me making fun of him not having the Moto X haha. It's good to have him on board though.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
We loose a great ROM because a bunch of a$$holes had to ***** about Gravity Box and Xposed not working anymore. That's what pisses mew off the most. No one was making them use the ROM.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Got love the noobs on XDA, don't know what stickies are, noobs starting threads for no reason, noobs complaining about why this doesn't work on a ROM, noobs crying . it comes down to utter lack of respect for other users, noobs only concerned but themselves and don't bother to think about the other guy. Like I saw , if you're not going to help out in a positive way, then do use all a favour and don't post a reply, don't pm anyone , keep your fingers off the keyboard and read, read, read. Ultimately you're the one that will suffer.

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

D

Darth

Faux is here now....hopefully the whiners and requesters don't chase him off too.

And as far as the state of the Moto x section ....it is far worse than the S2, N7, Moto G, tab 3 and N5 forums....all the ones I check in on. This one has a crazy amount of self entitled members, members who just won't take any time to read and search and guys who get mad if you call them out on any of it. Yes...the other forums have this behavior too, but nothing close to what I've seen here.

Yes, the locked/unlocked bootloader and ota stuff can get a bit confusing, but there's also tonnes of posts and threads about it. Not being able to find the info is a clear sign of laziness, cause you can hardly turn your head without seeing posts about these things.

We have very few roms and even fewer devs ......so keep acting like spoiled kids and soon we'll have none.

;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Users need to look at it like this. Developers are generous enough to share their work. For most developers this is a hobby. And like anyone when a hobby is no longer fun then you stop doing that hobby and move on.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I think the moderators should really lock the moto x threads up for a few days, we also should use the report button, I've used it in the last few days more than I ever have

Reactions: cvhovey
D

Darth

All the crap has me thinking of giving my wife my amazing X and getting an N5 for me. LOL. She really wants an X....we will have 2 soon....unless I decide to switch. I doubt I will....but I am not enjoying xda so much lately. Lol

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
All the crap has me thinking of giving my wife my amazing X and getting an N5 for me. LOL. She really wants an X....we will have 2 soon....unless I decide to switch. I doubt I will....but I am not enjoying xda so much lately. Lol

You can't let the noobs win, its our forum and we as respectful xda users can make a huge difference. I'm personally aware if one user who was one of the noobs who pushed nitro too far, he actually pm'ed For help

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
We loose a great ROM because a bunch of a$$holes had to ***** about Gravity Box and Xposed not working anymore. That's what pisses mew off the most. No one was making them use the ROM.

Seriously? Was that why? Both of those are so overrated as it stands I would never trade a decent ROM for them. Hell I chose to run ART instead of either cause I want less lag, not more.

You really gotta have tough skin on xda nowadays, the noobs are gonna make all the smart guys go postal.

MotoX Developer Edition went from German 4.4.2 to Great Britain 4.4.2 to T-Mobile 4.4.2 no problem. Fastboot FTW!

Kittiesoncrack

Aug 11, 2012
Chicago
We've all been on the other side. But seriously the amount of people in this forum who simply cant understand the meaning of reading first and asking second. Like there needs to be a giant banner saying READ READ READ.

D

Darth

We've all been on the other side. But seriously the amount of people in this forum who simply cant understand the meaning of reading first and asking second. Like there needs to be a giant banner saying READ READ READ.

Its in the xda rules...but who reads that. LOL. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

One newer member said ignore the rules and make a new account if you get banned. That's what he does. Classy! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As most know this is a problem for the entire site. For most of us it doesn't make sense to complain about something given freely that required effort to make, but it happens. Maybe a tough policy of banning people who complain about work the devs do for our enjoyment /use would help
    There are 3 different issues being discussed in this thread:

1) People complaining about a developer's work that they get for free;
    2) People asking for help being rude to the people trying to help them; and
    3) People getting frustrated at the people asking for help not doing enough research on their own before they ask a question.

WRT #1, I would think everyone would agree that is bad if someone is actually complaining. But if all people are doing is asking for different features, that doesn't seem so bad to me. As long as it is done nicely, I would call the latter feedback.

WRT #2, I would think everyone would agree that is bad as long as the person giving help wasn't rude or condescending to the person asking for help. Now if the person giving help is rude or condescending, I question why they are trying to help to begin with.

WRT #3, I can understand feeling frustrated, but what I can't understand is why then someone doesn't just not help in a situation that is making them feel frustrated or angry.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

It seems some take it to personal wishing bad will on anyone is crazy to me
    I doubt he really meant it given that he does try to help so many. I think the problem is that he is burnt out trying to help so many. IMO, it is better to focus your help on the people who you get some enjoyment out of interacting with. When it is upsetting to you that a person won't take your advice, just move on.

Remember the old adage, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. That saying exists for a reason - alot of people behave in ways that frustrate those trying to help them. If that weren't true, that old adage wouldn't exist!
    If people are truly lost and confused by all this stuff.....would it not benefit them to read, study, read some more and learn about what they want to do....before they actually try to do it?
    How would that be any fun? Also, some people just have poor impulse control, not naming any names.:D

Unless of course money is no object and they can replace their paperweights without batting an eye. ;)
    I got my Dev Ed Moto X for $350 on the Cyber Monday sale and scored a Motorola Admiral on ebay for $15 to trade in for the $100 gift card, so my Dev Ed was $265!

And I don't care about anyone's opinion, xda rules say search before you post. That's the bottom line in this debate. Can't deal with that, go elsewhere.
    meh, I'm staying.

OK here's a perfect example why I hate the moto threads and why I get pissed off. I hope he ends up with a hard bricked phone http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2651160

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50390580&postcount=12

How awful do you feel now after saying that? Tell us, we are here for you! For goodness sake, he is calling you his dear brother after you just wished a hard brick on him. That has got to make you feel bad, that is if you have a heart.

I mean for christ sake, the guy was clearly struggling with English. Not naming any names but some of you here whining about the noobs don't convey your thoughts in written form as clearly as that guy and English is your first language whereas it is clearly not his.
    Welcome to xda where all the ungrateful idiots live. I stopped doing dev a lot time ago because of it.