Where do I find the official cm11s nightlies?

Search This thread

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
CM11S is an outdated CM11 ROM meant to be an official OEM release. It comes with Hexo CM11 theme.

CM11 updates every night, bug fixes fixed real-time pushed to you every day.

CM11S isn't really "outdated" its just the most stable release that passes the QA (Quality Assurance) test and is certified by Google.
CM11 more or less gives you a preview of what will be available in the next OTA. You can add your CM11S apps onto CM11 nightlies. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/bacon/ for the changelog.

To OP, you could have simply Google searched your answer.... next time please do that.
http://www.cultofandroid.com/67917/oneplus-ones-cm11s-rom-regular-cyanogenmod-11/

Reactions: nicholaschum

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
CM11S isn't really "outdated" its just the most stable release that passes the QA (Quality Assurance) test and is certified by Google.
CM11 more or less gives you a preview of what will be available in the next OTA. You can add your CM11S apps onto CM11 nightlies. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/bacon/ for the changelog.

To OP, you could have simply Google searched your answer.... next time please do that.
http://www.cultofandroid.com/67917/oneplus-ones-cm11s-rom-regular-cyanogenmod-11/
Only reason why I call it outdated is because when CM11 had the latest touch fix to fix ghost touches, I'm all up to my friends saying "THE TOUCHES FEELS SO GOOD U SHOULD TRY IT OH WAIT HAHAHAH".... Yeah... I'm weird.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk VIP

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Only reason why I call it outdated is because when CM11 had the latest touch fix to fix ghost touches, I'm all up to my friends saying "THE TOUCHES FEELS SO GOOD U SHOULD TRY IT OH WAIT HAHAHAH".... Yeah... I'm weird.

Well... to be fair, you can use CM11S and use a custom kernel to have the new touchscreen firmware.
It just hasn't been updated because they're still working on other things other than the touchscreen firmware.

I do agree that they should do a small hotfix on that part, instead of waiting for everything all at once.

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Well... to be fair, you can use CM11S and use a custom kernel to have the new touchscreen firmware.
It just hasn't been updated because they're still working on other things other than the touchscreen firmware.

I do agree that they should do a small hotfix on that part, instead of waiting for everything all at once.
That's true, but it's more of a reason to convince people to switch from 11S to 11 or just AOSP custom roms in general.

But you're still missing out on newer potential features for the phone still only available to find on AOSP over 11S....which required a rom upgrade, like the screen artifact update.

Last edited:

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
That's true, but it's more of a reason to convince people to switch from 11S to 11 or just AOSP custom roms in general.

But you're still missing out on newer potential features for the phone still only available to find on AOSP over 11S....which required a rom upgrade, like the screen artifact update.

Actually CM11S XNPH33R + kernel with the new touchscreen firmware has no problems... strange right? :p
No screen artifacts whatsoever

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Actually CM11S XNPH33R + kernel with the new touchscreen firmware has no problems... strange right? :p
No screen artifacts whatsoever
But that's the thing.... It doesn't have screen artifacts because it doesn't have the partial display commit update in the room so kernel developers don't add that in... Right? o.o

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I'm sure it's been done for awhile just needed to get certified by Google etc. Now it's not outdated anymore :p I ill uploaded the camera from 38r if you didn't get it yet. It's in the Mahdi thread. Has raw image feature

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I'm sure it's been done for awhile just needed to get certified by Google etc. Now it's not outdated anymore :p I ill uploaded the camera from 38r if you didn't get it yet. It's in the Mahdi thread. Has raw image feature

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah I got it, RIPng uploaded it on the Camera thread. Good to get your version on Mahdi tho!

Actually...38R is already outdated compared to CM11 nightlies :p God knows how long it took for them to get it certified...could have been a week or two.

Top Liked Posts