[MODEM]UCLB1 Modem[CWM Flashable]

Search This thread
T

tmease1

Has anyone noticed better sound quality while having a conversation with this modem? In previous modems i could hear echoing really bad. This one it seems to be cleaner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

teknhard

Nov 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Had better signal speed and battery life on KL2. It was worth a shot to test out, but going back to the tried and true. Thanks for posting this up!

hollywood528

Nov 6, 2010
San Diego, CA
my battery life has been excellent with this!
good range, good wifi, my GPS still doesnt lock... never has :mad:
but on Google Maps its the most accurate it has ever been.

very happy with this modem!

T

tmease1

Battery life isn't that bad. I'll take bad battery life for a good signal. That's why the phone came with a charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
I don't know if I'm in a parallel universe, or if this modem reacts differently with infused, but my phone just now needs to be plugged in, at 1day 16hours 35minutes. (I did have it on airplane mode while I slept last night for 6 hours).
Anecdotally? Better, not worse battery life.
(not really much change in reception, though...)

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I don't know if I'm in a parallel universe, or if this modem reacts differently with infused, but my phone just now needs to be plugged in, at 1day 16hours 35minutes. (I did have it on airplane mode while I slept last night for 6 hours).
Anecdotally? Better, not worse battery life.
(not really much change in reception, though...)

Let me put it this way, on EDGE (not airplane mode), with bg sync off, I got over 3 days on KI3 modem with about an hour of calls and abour 1-2 hours display time. So that doesn't count against it. Plus there is no mention of the length of display time nor phone usage.

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
2h 9m 47s on screen, 29m voice calls (don't talk on the phone much, clearly... :))
And a fair amount of google voice/sms, a bunch of email, a little web stuff. All on 4g, with bg sync on.
Like I said, nothing scientific, but battery life seems to better, or at least good, if anything.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
2h 9m 47s on screen, 29m voice calls (don't talk on the phone much, clearly... :))
And a fair amount of google voice/sms, a bunch of email, a little web stuff. All on 4g, with bg sync on.
Like I said, nothing scientific, but battery life seems to better, or at least good, if anything.

That's nice. Ironically, on LB1, its been reverse for me. Y'day it gave me 1h3m calls, and little over 1 hour display to get from 100 to 30.

Today, with KL2 back, its been with 1h32m calls, and 2h 15m display on to get from 100 to 35.

Same location, everything same. BG data on, 4 sync accounts, everything same, except modems.

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I want to know how you are getting 4g... you got the infuse hacked for lte?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
I want to know how you are getting 4g... you got the infuse hacked for lte?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
Nahh, it's not LTE (clearly). It just says "4g" and is that in-between thing that ATT was mislabeling. Or whatever. The important thing is that it's whatever the Infuse is meant to peak out at (and not edge...)

mlkjuggalo

Jul 27, 2010
Juggalo Island FL Whoop Whoop
hello noob ? new to the Infuse ok so I rooted and unlocked the phone just fine i'm running [2.3.7]Compiled CM7 for Infuse - Updated 2/20/2012 ,i'm on t-mobile can i flash this with the rom i'm running and will i have better call signal ?

thanks for any info :)

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
You can flash any modem, on any infuse rom

sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA premium app

Dman has a point. When I was running Zeus 2, I flashed the modem to lb3 and it worked perfectly. Now that Zeus 6 is built with lb3 I don't have to worry about that. Thanks for all the hard work as always, D!

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres the modem for you modem flashing freaks... :)

UCLB1 MODEM
    Just tested it and it works. I went and typed 3 pages of text and it sent as one and recieved as one. Is that the test that you are referring to?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    WOOT. i LIVE IN THE STICKS AND USUALLY ONLY HAVE LIKE 2.XXMBPS DOWNLOAD. JUST FLASHED THIS AND MY SPEED DOUBLED!!!!!!!

I JUST thought of this...you know how att slows you down if you use too much data.??wonder if it is good to flash a new modem once in a while...change things up...start fresh??? I dunno. Sounds good.

Stop hogging my bandwidths! I live in the same place.. in the stock and woods.. lol :rolleyes:
    Flash a different modem? Lol.. couldn't resist. I dunno... I use textfree.. or email always works. Unless you're sending it to someone DUMB with a DUMB phone.. emphasis on the DUMB. ;)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Tried LB1 / UCKL2 / and KI3 and still no luck. Also the link to the stock UCKD5 is dead so i cant revert to it for testing.

May have something to do with the microcell but then again I never had a problem before changing modems
    I cannot send multimedia messages (pictures) with this modem or UCKL2. Any advice?

is it just mms? if so have you checked your network settings? might be something's wrong there. or if you use a microcell that could be the problem too. one time on my old BB I updated the is and lost mms I had to call att and they reset my account settings and all was OK after that.