• LG quality is worse than major brands

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • LG quality is worse than cheap Chineese brands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
So, I'd like to continue that discussion and try to get a more distinctive clear picture based on thousands of xda members' opinions.
Based on your brands products' quality experience please vote in the poll and tell us your opinions
You know the major brands... Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
So, I'd like to continue that discussion and try to get a more distinctive clear picture based on thousands of xda members' opinions.
Based on your brands products' quality experience please vote in the poll and tell us your opinions
You know the major brands... Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia

Based on optimus g, I see much less hardware and stock software related problems on the OG compared to S4 for example. Now, the base of users isn't same amount, but if you compare threads you can get a hint of problem/user.

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
I had the GN2 but switched because of the radios. In my area many reception wad just horrible with the GN2. I got the LG OG and the reception is great.i like the quality of the build too, never felt that i could break it of dropped. I loved the GN2 but the reception got so bad that i had it and that's why i can't wait for the G2. No issues with the OG and i hope things continue with the G2

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego

I've had this phone since yesterday and the quality is excellent. It just feels so damn good in the hand and much better than my S4. It has a great shape and just enough heft to feel solid.

Everything is constructed well and seamless, I see no gaps or anything like that. I think you will be impressed.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda premium

Apr 3, 2011
Leicester
Just got mine today, not had an awful lot of time to play with it yet but first impressions are that it reminds me of the SGSII. Current phone is a HTC One and for me a lot of nonsense is talked about its build quality, yes it is shiny but you have to keep it in a heavy duty case to stop that aluminium getting scratched so you never really get to show off the prettiness! Looking forward to getting the rest of my kit for the G2 so I can use it day to day, might not have the same good looks but far more practical and with a lot more under the hood.

thebehemoth73

Dec 11, 2013
Austin
The only gripe I had about this phone is without a case its pretty tricky to me to text with one hand..its so slick it has slipped out of my hands several time..luckily I have been sitting on the couch or at my desk when it happened and not up and walking around. The screen has been pretty durable for me, I want to see if it will compare to my OG atrix and ss2...the screens on those phones were TANKS.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

petwussy

Feb 16, 2011
Oslo
I have had the g2 for a few days now. Coming from HTC One X, which was having problems with random bootloops and bad battery.

The g2 feels fantastic, with amazing batterylife, insane screen and a real feel of quality. The software seems great, but I am a bit disappointed that kitkat isn't available until late Mach.
My gf has samsung s4 and that feels like cheap plastic compared.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

thegregulator

Dec 6, 2010
Vancouver
Hardware wise I'm impressed. Don't care that it's plastic given I use a case. I still think the Xperia Z1 is the best looking/feeling device out there, but I don't hate the G2. I've had a few screen freezes and the odd reboot on this phone but that could be the Xposed modules I have installed. After installing the modules I was able to get rid of the God awful UI colour scheme and I've freed up space in my notification window. Given the choice between this and the Xperia Z1 I'd probably go with the Sony, but I've been impressed with the quality of this phone.

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

enik_fox

Apr 4, 2011
Dahlonega, Ga
Well i havent ever had a bad experience with any recent lg smartphone i've owned. The g, g pro and g2 have all been great devices. The only issues ive had with their stuff would be the plastic used to make the device, the screens on lg devices seem to have more light bleed than most (coming from retail experience seeing thousands of phones), and the speakers are just ok. If you want a phone with the latest hardware you cant do better than lg though. They are the only other company that can go toe to toe with samsung when it comes to stuffing phones with as many hardware extras as humanly possible.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Overall a great phone, even without modifying it. The stock rom is fairly decent, especially compared to Samsung.

The build quality isn't overwhelmingly good, but it's decent enough for the price. The plastic on the phone creaks a little bit on the back (at least on mine) but not something you notice on a daily basis. Only if you press down on the area near the back buttons.

Hardware-wise it's great, so no complaints there. For a flagship phone, it was incredibly cheap compared to the competition.

B

bachera

I thought I would never own an LG, and here I am enjoying it. It being a flagship phone and for a month spec leader, for up till now a price quality leader also, I can say some quarks are just android. Cause I notice them across the several devices I have owned.

I think I will have it for at least 7 months.

I have no creaking, good battery life ( no where near the 11 hours some reviews got).

very satisfied, once the market speedsup with innovations more on hardware side I will definately contemplate lg again.