I337UCUAMDB - May 2, 2013
CASUAL

Stayed there for a while.

Last night I wiped:
/data, /cache, /dalvik, and /system

Flashed Hyperdrive RLS12
Flashed RLS12 - AT&T Compatibility Pack
Rebooted

It seemed to boot fine, but when I unlocked the screen the Google keyboard immediately force closed, then system quit responding so I couldn't even click the Ok button on the force close dialog for a couple minutes. Even after this, everything was very slow. I quickly realized that most of my hardware buttons were misbehaving. Either they only worked when I long pressed them, or they didn't work at all, except for the Home button.

I suspected that the AT&T Compatibility zip was the kernel I would need to make this Verizon-based ROM work on my phone but I wasn't sure if that's true or if I would need a separate kernel zip to flash.

Afterwards I ended up using Odin twice to return to stock MDB and then CASUAL to get root and recovery back.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Have you read it's thread and directions for at&t users ?

Normally if you had a wrong kernel it wouldn't even boot. Honestly if you are new I'd stick to at&t or i9505 ported ROMs. MDB allows you free reign to try all the ROMs.

I suspect you got a bad download or something was missing.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kevnuke

Sep 9, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
I'm not new to flashing per se but I broke this phone two weeks after I bought it and just recently got it fixed. I included everything because I wasn't sure where something may have gone wrong. Maybe I came from the wrong base or something. I'll link to this thread in the ROM thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

SelfElevated2

Oct 8, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Well you didnt have to odin bud. Just make a backup of the rom your on in twrp. Leave it on your sd. I backup to external bc it takes too much space on internal. And try flashing the rom again. Maybe redownload it bc it might be a bad download. I too had the keyboard force closing so I reflashed and only checked swype keyboard in the installer so no more keyboard fc. If you have an issue after flashing the rom just boot recovery and restore your backup instead of using odin.

The hardware button issue and slowness is from force closing. When something fc"es the whole system kinda freezes up and becomes unresponsive. Just dont install any keyboards from the aroma except swype. Try it that way and let it sit for a few minutes after booting. I also suggest using ktoonsez 4.3 tw kernel. You can find it under origional development and flash in recovery after roms installed

As far as how you flashed everything was done right. You can try not wiping manually and just choose full wipe in the aroma installer.

Hope everything goes well if not then just come back here and let us know so we can help

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Also get the app greenify and greenify everything but your launcher

Last edited:
Reactions: kevnuke and hednik

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
I had issues getting it up and runing as well. took me downloading it a couple times and probably flashing it 4 times. Not sure what was going on. rather than ODIN, I would do a battery pull, hold VOL+ and power and force it into recovery and reflashed. a few times...

Reactions: kevnuke

kevnuke

Sep 9, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Thanks for the replies guys. I used Odin because my external SD is full..I need to buy a bigger one.. anyway I'll download a new copy while I'm getting ready for work and try flashing it on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well you didnt have to odin bud. Just make a backup of the rom your on in twrp. Leave it on your sd. I backup to external bc it takes too much space on internal. And try flashing the rom again. Maybe redownload it bc it might be a bad download. I too had the keyboard force closing so I reflashed and only checked swype keyboard in the installer so no more keyboard fc. If you have an issue after flashing the rom just boot recovery and restore your backup instead of using odin.

The hardware button issue and slowness is from force closing. When something fc"es the whole system kinda freezes up and becomes unresponsive. Just dont install any keyboards from the aroma except swype. Try it that way and let it sit for a few minutes after booting. I also suggest using ktoonsez 4.3 tw kernel. You can find it under origional development and flash in recovery after roms installed

As far as how you flashed everything was done right. You can try not wiping manually and just choose full wipe in the aroma installer.

Hope everything goes well if not then just come back here and let us know so we can help

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Also get the app greenify and greenify everything but your launcher
    I had issues getting it up and runing as well. took me downloading it a couple times and probably flashing it 4 times. Not sure what was going on. rather than ODIN, I would do a battery pull, hold VOL+ and power and force it into recovery and reflashed. a few times...