[AndroSync Media Player]-The new best friend for your android-Beta 4.5 New Features

Search This thread

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
Android Media Player
-The new best friend for your android-​
Beta 4.5​

Feature List:
-Song Playback
-Notification panel on top
-Device Browser
-Device Song List
-New Icon
-New Interface
-General Stats about phone
-Song id3 tag reading
-Lightweight
-Playlists (New to beta 4.5)
-Automatic Device Sync
-New UI - New to Beta 4
-More responsive - New to beta 4
-Splashscreen - Beta 4
-Released Source Code - Beta 4
-Flash roms to android phone (Coming Soon)
-Allow other devices to connect in mass storage mode (Coming soon)
-Video Panel (coming soon)
-marketplace - New to beta 4.5
-Help menu - New to beta 4.5

AFTER TRYING, PLEASE COMMENT ON WHETHER OR NOT IT WORKED. I HAVE NUMEROUS DOWNLOADS YET NO COMMENTS ON HOW IT WORKED.
screenpic.png

screenpic.png

screenpic.png

[/CENTER]

Attachments

• screenpic.jpg
    screenpic.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
After getting sorta annoyed with the whole interface of the regular HTC Sync, I finally decided to go on the venture of creating my own media player dedicated for all Android powered phones. This will be a freeware based on the current itunes design (but not too similar). The picture below is simply a sneak peek of what ive managed to do so far...it still doesn't play back songs but it extracts id3 tags and album art and im working on getting the visualization in it to work (the visualizer will be similar to zune media player).

For those of you who are willing to contribute, I will make a basic version and will be happy to give out to beta testers who are willing to test it out. This is completely harmless to your phone (FYI).

I do realize there are many different sync managers for android out there but take note that none are as dedicated to the android as itunes is for the iphone.....which is why I pursued this task in the first place.

You seem to have forgotten the picture.

Anyway, I've been working on a media player for video podcasts and I've gotten that into a not too bad state so we may be able to collaborate and help each other out with this.

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
what's the picture that I forgot?
Anyway, I am currently working through the ADB interface of the android...for those of you who are interested in the coding aspect of it. And, using that, I will allow the user to have a mini file explorer and a terminal to interface with the device. Because this is adb, I think that we can do this all theoretically under bluetooth.... :)

EDIT:
OOOOOOOOOOH I AM SUCH A DUMBASS....I thought you meant "the big picture". I thought I uploaded the picture, but anyway I am gonna post the real thing late tonight so Ill post new pics with that.

Last edited:

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
Ok a picture has been uploaded. The actual thing is probably going to come out tommorow for beta wilderness...

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
NOTE TO BETA PEOPLE:
A new beta test will be posted today as a PM. Please check your xda inboxes at around 8:00PM EST. Features of this new beta should probably be attached in the email.

OTHERS:
If you want to be a beta tester, you can join anytime by asking on this thread or posting your email somewhere here. I will also try to make a website (subdomain) were I will host the files as well.

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
Beta version .55 has been posted as a public due to it being the first version. The following versions may or may not be public.

Whats new-
Well, everything is sorta new but basically, there is nothing in the device panel because I need to know if all android devices are able to connect to it. Once that is confirmed, I will make the next release some time this week with an "Itunes style" device screen...
http://macsolvers.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/itunes_iphone_sync_window2.jpg

Anyway, in this version I made a simple media player which basically just plays and I also made an android'ish look to it with the green top bar. Also, I was inspired/frustrated througout the 4-day process by iTunes and it's complex UI. In the end, I managed to get the prominent features in and I will need to do playlists, device panel, and etc.

tktouch12

Jan 25, 2010
this looks really cool. i'll definitely try it out since i still havent found a program to do this that i like. i'll test later if you need

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
actually yes. I thought about that very same thing however, this is a little different. For example, mine is going to have widgets and a lot more control over YOUR device. By that, I mean that you can literally put your device in adb mode (on htc phones, it is "htc sync" mode) and it will detect it and display intrinsic things which other media players do not. For example, you will be able to directly deploy an application and do all the fun stuff without laying a finger on the device itself. Hopefully, I will perfect the wifi sync to work as well so if you are connected to the network, it will work as well. Similarly, I will also get the app to work with cloud services such as box.net so you can sync with that as well to keep a backup just in case. All in all, doubletwist doesnn't let you get the full personalization which itunes provides for ipods and that Zune media player provides for the Zune. And doubletwist merely treats your super smart phone as a "mass storage device", which will not get you far if you are tying to sync with marketplace and etc.

-I hope you are convinced now, if not you will be by the next version :)

Last edited:

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
Beta 1 has been released. I would really like for people to comment simply if their device connected with the program....

-Thank you.

rkrishnan2012

Jan 21, 2009
beta 3 is out and finally, we get to have automatic sync when a device is plugged in/detected. Speaking of which, there is also a button now which lets you manually detect a device.

There is also playlists now...you can make your own playlists.

and make sure...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT ON WHETHER IT WORKED.....If it is a sucky app, please comment that it is...

-Thank You